SRM University will starts B.Tech admission 2020 process by releasing the application forms for B.Tech towards the end of 2019.
SRM University offers a long list of specializations in B.Tech. programmes:
|Aerospace||Biomedical Engineering||Chemical Engineering||Electronics and Communication||Mechatronics Engineering|
|Automobile||Bioinformatics||Electronics and Electricals||Information and Technology||Nanotechnology|
|Biotechnology||Civil Engineering||Computer Science||Mechanical||Robotics and Automation|
The university also offers it’s students a wide range of minor degrees to choose from.
SRMJEEE (UG) is mandatory for admission to B.Tech programmes.
The candidate is required to pay a fee of Rs. 1100/- for the online submission of (Rs. 1160/- for offline mode) application forms.
To be considered eligible the candidate must clear higher secondary education (10+2).
Read about SRM University Courses & Fee
Important Dates BE/B.Tech
| Registration || 19th Oct, 2019 - 15th Mar, 2020 |
| Date of Slot Booking || 26th - 30th Mar, 2020 |
| Date of Entrance Examination || 19th - 25th Apr, 2020 |
| Announcement of Results ||06th May, 2020 |
Eligibility Criteria BE/B.Tech
- Residents of India, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) holders of PIO and OCI card issued by Government of India are eligible to apply for SRMJEEE.
- The upper age limit for eligibility is 21 years.
- The minimum age required to be eligible for admission is 16.
- It is necessary for the candidate to clear the higher secondary examinations (10+2 pattern) with PCM or PCB as major subjects.
- The minimum percentage of marks in PCM / PCB or CGPA obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination will be prescribed by the SRMJCCA from time to time.
- One must score 50% and above in PCM/PCB for admissions in SRM Kattankulathur, Ramapuram, Vadapalani & NCR Gaziabad, NCR Sonepat.
- 60% and above in PCM for SRM Amaravati.
- The aggregate percentage of marks obtained in PCM / PCB in 12th Standard or equivalent should be calculated up to 3 decimal points.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with Diploma, or an A-level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology / Botany & Zoology / Biotechnology as major subjects from any international school.
- Candidates who have completed both 10th Standard as well as 12th Standard from National Institute of Open Schooling, will not be considered eligible for admission to any programme of SRM.
- Only those candidates who have passed the above qualifying examination in not more than 2 attempts, including an appearance for improvement can be considered eligible for admission.
How to Apply BE/B.Tech
The application process will be conducted online as well as offline (one can send the OMR sheet through safe means).
The application form is common for all SRM campuses.
The registration for the SRMJEE 2020 batch will begin around November 2019.
The online application is only meant for admission to programmes offered in SRM IST Chennai, SRM University - Haryana Sonepat and SRM University - AP Amaravati.
- To register, the candidates will be required to submit their Email Id.
- Change in Email Id won’t be permitted under any circumstances.
- Once the Email address is verified, the candidate can proceed to fill up the online application.
- The application fee is Rs. 1100/- The candidate can pay the fees via e-payment or DD.
- Lastly, one has to upload their photograph and signature to successfully submit the application form.
The candidate can also send the OMR application form through post.
The application form can be obtained from the university or can also be downloaded from its official website applications.srmuniv.ac.in/btech
- The application is to be filled by the candidate in his/her own handwriting.
- The applicant has to write their name in Block Letters as given in the 10th standard school certificate.
- After filling up the basic details, one will be required to mention their educational qualifications along with their campus preferences.
- The candidate shall select three test centres from the options provided.
- The candidate will be required to provide their email address for correspondence.
- One has to paste their recent photograph for identification purposes.
- Lastly, the candidate has to sign the declaration.
- The application must be submitted along with a DD of Rs. 1160/- to the following address:
The Directorate of Admissions
SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Kattankulathur,
Tamil Nadu 603203
The candidate shall complete their slot bookings for SRMJEEE. The slots are provided on a first-come, first-serve basis.
After which, the candidate can download the hall ticket by logging in with their email id and password.
Check SRM University Admission 2019
Admission Process for B.Tech Course
The university shall conduct a counselling session on the basis of rank obtained in SRMJEEE. A merit list will be prepared by the university based on the total marks secured in the exam.
Counselling can also be conducted online through- ecounseling.srmuniv.ac.in/btech/default.aspx
For the counselling process,
- The candidates will have to select their choice of college and course.
- Followed by the payment of tuition fees of Rs. 2,10,000/-
- The candidates will be called for counselling based on their rank in the merit list.
- Finally, the candidates will be allotted their seats.
SRM offers direct admission and scholarships to first rank students of all the Central and State Boards in India, top 1000 rankers in IIT JEE and exemplary sportspersons at National and International level.
The selected candidates will be required to submit the following documents in their original form:
- B.Tech Counseling call letter
- SRMJEE 2019 Rank card
- Admit Card/Hall ticket of the +2 board examination
- Mark sheet of Class 10th as proof of date of birth
- Mark sheet of Class 12th or it's equivalent (if results are announced)
- Photo ID proof (PAN, Aadhar, Passport) – Original for verification and return and Photocopy.
- Cancelled cheque leaf with the name of the Candidate/Parent/Grand Parent printed.
- Receipt(s) for payment made through E-Pay facility or Demand Draft
Helpdesk:+91 (044) 27455510, 47437500
Monday – Saturday (except public holidays) 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College