Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh offers admission to Post Graduation in 5 specializations. Admission will be based on merit list according to the performance in qualifying exam.
Graduation degree holder in relevant subjects can register for the Post Graduation programme.
Application form can be filled through the official website of the University (http://admission.onlineuprtou.in) and application fee should be paid through E-challan.
University provides reservation of seats/ relaxation of marks for SC/ST/OBC etc. as per the rules of state government and norms of the institute.
Specializations in UG
- M.A (Master of Arts)
- M.Sc. (Master of Science)
- M.Com (Master of Commerce)
- MJMC (Master of Journalism & Mass Communication)
- MLIS (Master of Library & Information Science)
Check UPRTOU Course and Fee Structure.
Course Wise Eligibility
Specialization: Hindi, Sanskrit, Urdu, History, Sociology, Social Work, Statistics, Philosophy, Economics, Education, Political Science, English
- Candidates should have passed three-year bachelor’s degree in the concerned or relevant subject
- Candidates belonging to the reserve category candidates are provided with the relaxation of 5% of marks.
Specialization: Statistics, Computer Science, Biochemistry
- Three-year bachelor’s degree in the concerned or relevant subject
- Reserve category candidates are provided with the relaxation of 5% of marks
- B.Com. degree or any other graduate degree
- Reserved category are provided with the relaxation of 5% of marks
- Three-year bachelor’s degree in any discipline should have studied and passed Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- BJMC (Bachelor in Journalism and Mass Communication) from any recognised university.
- Minimum 55% marks secured.
- 5% relaxation for reserved category students.
- 55% marks or more secured in qualifying exam.
- Reserved category students will get 5% relaxation.
Candidates are selected for above mentioned Post Graduate courses directly on the basis of merit of the candidate in the qualifying degree examination.
A merit list will be prepared by the authority of the university, according to which candidate will be admitted to the various Post graduate courses.
Check UPRTOU Admission
How To Apply
The candidates can apply for admissions by filling and submitting the complete online application form along with the required amount of processing fee and important documents.
- Log in to the official website of UPRTOU: http://admission.onlineuprtou.in/
- Candidate must check and ensure their eligibility and other conditions before applying for entrance test
- Click “Online Admission System “
- Click “Common Admission in all the Degree, Diploma & Certificate Courses “
- Tap on “New Admission in all the Degree, Diploma & Certificate Courses” on the next page
- Start the registration process by clicking on the button “Click to Proceed”
- Fill up the registration form carefully with all the details
- Upload scanned photograph and signature
- Click “Submit” button
- Click on the “Proceed to payment” button
- Candidate can pay the application fee through e-challan
- Download E-challan in favour of the Finance Department of UPRTOU
- Click “Submit” button.
- Your payment will get verified by the Bank, Admission Form will open.
- Take the printout of the Admission Form
- Submit the form to your Study Centre attached with required documents and original copy of E-challan.
Required self attested documents
- Passport size photograph should be attached to the provided spot/box in the application form
- The entire Mark sheet of the qualifying examination
- Age-proof certificate
- Income certificate
- Caste & creed certificate (if applicable)
- Medical certificate
- Domicile Certificate issued by the Competent Authority
- Mareksheet of Qualifying examination.
The university has several provisions to provide scholarships/fee reimbursement to the candidates who are undergoing various courses offered by the university. Every year University will be giving financial assistance in the form of a scholarship to the students of Uttar Pradesh Rajarshi Tandon Open University who are talented and intelligent but due lack of finance, cannot do their further higher education. Candidates can apply for a scholarship through the official website of the university. University also provides/accepts the scholarship scheme provided by GOI/state government.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College