SRM University AP offers B.Tech in multiple specializations i.e Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering.
Admission to BTech. is conducted through various entrance exams like IITJEE (MAINS), SRMJEE and SAT. FOr admission to SRM AP University students have to fulfill certain eligibility criteria regarding board exams and entrance exam.
Candidates seeking admission to SRM need to apply via its SRMAP portal. Candidates qualifying the criteria will be called for counselling. Allotment of seats will be strictly on the basis of SRM JEE Rank/ IITJEE(Main) Rank/ SAT Scores.
SRM University AP also has a provision of direct admission based on spectacular academic performance. The students are also provided scholarships on merit cum need basis. Check SRM University Admission
Applicants seeking admission to SRM AP are required to fulfill the given eligibility criteria. Check below:
- BOARD EXAMS: Students should have scored a minimum of 60% in each subject of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12 board examination or equivalent grade for approved boards.
- ENTRANCE EXAM: Admission to SRM AP is conducted through various entrance exams like IITJEE(Mains), SRMJEE and SAT. Various ranks and score required for admission have been enlisted below:
- Students applying should have secured a rank of upto 125000 in IITJEE (Mains)
- Students applying should have secured a rank of upto 35000
- Students applying should have a minimum score of 1200 in SAT (including PCM)
Admission to SRM university is granted on the basis of the evaluation of academic performance, interview and extracurricular activities. These criteria have been explained in depth in points enumerated below:
- ENTRANCE EXAM: Entrance Exam holds 70% weightage of the score for admissions. Students can apply for admission through various examinations mention below. They need to have a minimum score/rank in each entrance to be eligible for the admission process. List of entrance exam has been enlisted below along with the normalisation.
- Students must have taken SRMJEE OR IITJEE (MAINS) OR SAT based on which they will be graded.
- Scores will be normalized across SRMJEE, IITJEE (mains) and SAT score based on which students will be graded.
- In case student submits multiple scores, the best of the scores will be taken into consideration.
- INTERVIEW: Interview holds 30% weightage of the score for admissions. After ranking students on basis of entrance exam, interview calls would be rolled out to potential candidates. The interview would be conducted by the eminent panel. The interview would have various parameters to gauge interest, potential and initiative.
- EXTRACURRICULAR AND COCURRICULAR ACTIVITIES: This factor holds 10% weightage in the admission score. All students will need to submit a portfolio of extra-curricular interests and achievements including Literature, Sports, Arts, Dance, etc. This also contains the list of co-curricular activities such as scientific projects, conclaves/ symposiums attended, non-main stream (national or state level entrance exams or school level examination) academic achievements.
SRM AP provides provision of direct admissions to certain candidates. The criteria for such admission is decided by the management and have been enumerated below:
- National board toppers: Merit list in either Physics, Chemistry or Mathematics or sub 5000 ranks in CBSE
- National entrance exam topper: Within 5000 ranks in IITJEE OR Within 1000 ranks in SRMJEEE
- State level board toppers: Within 100 ranks
- State level entrance exam toppers: Within 100 ranks
- NTSE/KVPY scholars
- INPHO/INCHO/INMO/INOI/INAO – National level Olympiad attendees (or higher levels such as national level camp or representing India in the international Olympiads in the same subjects)
Scholarships are offered to students on a merit cum need basis. Students will need to apply for the scholarship after the commencement of the courses. A scholarship panel will review each of the applications. There are four criteria for scholarships.
- Economically Challenged
- Socially underprivileged
- Differently abled
Awarding of the scholarship will be entirely at the discretion of the Scholarships Panel.100% scholarships (tuition and accommodation fee waiver) will be provided to 1/6th of the students.50% scholarships (tuition fee only) will be provided to1/3rd of the students.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College