NIFTEM Sonepat B.Tech Admissions 2019: Placement, Cut Off, Fees
Updated On - April 2nd 2019
NIFTEM (National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship and Management) is a public university, situated in the sonipat district of Haryana. It offers B.Tech degree in Food Technology and Management as the only undergraduate course. Also it offers various postgraduate courses. Candidates can apply online on the official website of NIFTEM
- University accepts applications to B.Tech degree in Food Technology and Management.
- Candidate must have appeared in JEE Main.
- The application fee for applying is INR 1000 for general candidates and INR 500 for SC/ST candidates.
- Total intake for this course is of 207.
- Kashmiri migrants will have a 10% relaxation in cut off.
- Counselling will be held in three rounds based on availability of seats.
Check NIFTEM Admission 2019
The seats intake for B.Tech (FTM) is as follows:
- For Indian Nationals, seats intake is of 180 which is further divided as per the reservation norms.
- For Foreign Nationals, seat intake is of 27.
Important Dates BE/B.Tech
| Registration || 20th May - 20th Jun , 2019 |
NIFTEM B.Tech Eligibility Criteria 2019
Eligibility on basis of educational qualification
- Candidates who appeared 12th exams this year are eligible.
- Candidates who appeared in 12th class examination in a previous year but did not qualify and again appeared in next year are not eligible.
- At least 50% aggregate in all subjects must be secured in qualifying examination.
- Must have appeared in JEE Main.
Eligibility on basis of age
Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1992 are only eligible. However, in case of Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Physically Challenged candidates there is relaxation of 5 years in age limit.
NIFTEM B.Tech Application Procedure 2019
Application forms for admissions must be filled online only. Candidates can apply online on the official website i.e www.niftem.ac.in. The last date for filling the application form.
The steps to apply are as follows:
- Creating New Account: Candidates must create a Login ID to fill the application form. To create a Login ID, applicant must fill all the necessary details and then click on ‘Create New Account’. A username and password will be sent to the registered email ID.
- Login to Fill Form: Candidates then should login with the username and password provided to fill in the application form.
- Filling form and Uploading Documents: After login, candidates must provide all the necessary information. Upload all the necessary documents and then ‘Submit’ the form. The scanned images should be in jpg/jpeg/png/gif format only. Size of the photo/image should not be more than 500kb.
- Fee Payment: Application fee must be made by any of the modes suitable to the candidate.
After completely filling the application form, candidates need to pay the application fee i.e INR 1000 for General category candidates and INR 500 for SC/ST category candidates. Application fee once paid will not be refunded.
Procedure for making payment
- Payment by credit card/ debit card/ net banking: The candidate can pay the application fee of Rs.1000/- for General/OBC (Rs.500/- for SC/ST) only through Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking. After successful payment, candidate will be able to print the acknowledgment receipt on the profile page of the Applicant account as well as the through the summary link emailed on the applicants email ID.
- Payment by Demand Draft: The candidate needs to take hard copy of application after completing the process. Printed application along with the DD of Rs.1000/- for General/OBC (Rs.500/- for SC/ST) in favour of NIFTEM should be sent by registered/speed post to Head, Admission Cell, NIFTEM, Plot No. 97, Sector No. 56, HSIIDC Industrial Estate, Kundli – 131028, District – Sonepat, Haryana. Complete application should reach on or before the due date.
Note: Additional bank charges will be applicable for making the payment.
The document required at the time of form filling are as follows:
- Class X Marksheet and Certificate (as a proof of DoB; for all candidates)
- Class XII Marksheet and Certificate (For B. Tech candidate only)
- JEE Main Admit Card and Score sheet (for B.Tech. candidates only)
- Caste Certificate (s) (if applicable) of SC/ST/OBC (OBC candidates must refer Annexure-I at the end of this brochure for valid format)
- Character Certificate from School/ College / University last attended (for all candidates)
- Medical Certificate of handicap for Physically Handicapped candidates
- Migration Certificate, if applicable
- Passport size coloured photographs
NIFTEM B.Tech Selection Procedure 2019
Admissions will be made through online counselling sessions which will be based on All India Rank of JEE (Main) (overall rank).
- Based on All India Rank of JEE (Main), separate lists for different categories will be notified on official website.
- Second and other rounds of counselling will be held according to availability of seats.
Procedure for admission through counselling
Days before counselling
- Candidates need to fill up the “counselling consent” with category choice. It is mandatory otherwise candidature will not be considered.
- The results of the online counselling will be displayed on website, by email on mail id provided and SMS on the mobile number mentioned in the application form.
- Candidates must report online on the day of counselling. Candidates who fail to report will be rejected.
- Seats are allotted in the order of the merit of candidates in different categories available at that point of time.
NIFTEM B.Tech Reservations 2019
The university follow reservation criteria as decided by the government and the candidates must have a look at it. The reservation is as follows:
- Reservation for Indian Nationals: the reservation of seats for B.Tech program is as follows:
- 27% seats to Other Backward Class.
- 15% seats to Scheduled Caste.
- 7.5% seats to Scheduled Tribe.
- 3% seats to Physically challenged candidates.
- Physically challenged candidates must have a minimum of 40% disability.
- For Kashmiri migrants there is relaxation in cut off percentage up to 10% subject to minimum eligibility requirement.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College