NEHU Shillong M.A. Admission 2019: Courses, Application Process, Result
Updated On - April 18th 2019
NEHU Shillong (North Eastern Hill University) is a Central University established on 19 July 1973 by Act of Indian Parliament. The university has two campuses in Meghalaya- Shillong and Tura. For the academic year, NEHU Shillong offers admission to M.A. program in 15 different specializations which are Anthropology, Adult and Continuing Education, Economics, Education, English, Folkloristics, Geography, History, Hindi, Journalism and Mass Communication, Khasi, Linguistics, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology. To seek admission in M.A. program in NEHU Shillong, candidates must have graduation degree with minimum 50% marks. Interested candidates can apply on the official website of the university i.e. www.nehu.ac.in/.
- Candidates wishing to apply, must have graduation degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university or institute.
- The university is inviting application for admission to M.A. in various disciplines. Check NEHU Admission 2019
- At the time of online registration, students need to pay an application fee of INR 220.
- There is relaxation of INR 110 for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST).
Important Dates MA
| Registration || 02nd Jun - 05th Jul , 2019 |
NEHU Shillong M.A. Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to M.A. program, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria. Candidates with a 3-year Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the relevant subject will ordinarily be considered for admission to the Master’s Degree Course. The course wise eligibility is mentioned below:
- M.A. in Anthropology- Majors in Anthropology, Geography, Sociology, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Home Science and Mass Communication are eligible to apply for this program.
- M.A. in Adult and Continuing Education- A Graduate with Majors from any discipline securing an aggregate of 50% marks (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST)
- M.A. in Education - Candidates with Majors in Education and candidate having B.Ed. (Theory) degree with at least 50% marks are also eligible to apply for admission to M.A.
- M.A. in History – Student having history at undergraduate level from a recognized university or institute with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for this course. (Relaxation by 5% marks for SC/ ST categories).
- M.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication – To be eligible for admission to M.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication, students must have 3-year bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks from a recognized university or institute.
- M.A. in Linguistics - Applicants with Major in any subject securing an aggregate of 50% or general Pass securing an aggregate of 55% may also apply. Selection will be based on admission test and relevant NEHU criteria. There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST).
- M.A. in Philosophy - Candidates with Majors in Philosophy or Majors in any subject and simple pass in Philosophy with minimum 50% marks can apply for this program. There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST).
- M.A. in Political Science - Candidates with B.A. Honors/ Major in Political Science would be considered for admission to MA in Political Science.
- M.A. in Sociology - Admission to M.A Sociology program is strictly for those candidates with honors in Sociology.
NEHU Shillong M.A. Application Procedure
The registration is done in online mode. Candidates are required to visit the official website of NEHU Shillong for registration process. Students are suggested to check eligibility criteria, before applying for the course. Applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
Applicants have to pay an application fee of INR 220 at the time of filling application form. Candidates belonging to reserved categories need to pay only INR 110 as an application fee.
Steps to Apply:
- Go to the official website of university i.e. www.nehu.ac.in/.
- Click on admission link.
- Navigate to your applied program
- Fill all the required information in application form
- Pay application fee through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking
- Save application and take multiple copies of printout.
NEHU Shillong M.A. Selection Process
To get admission in NEHU Shillong to M.A. program, candidates have to attend 3 rounds namely- written test, group discussion, and interview round.
- Candidates found suitable for admission are called for written test.
- Qualifying candidates in written test, will be only eligible for next stage of selection process i.e. group discussion.
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their performance in group discussion will go for interview round.
- Those who will qualify all the stages of selection process, will be considered for admission.
NEHU Shillong Important Guidelines
Here are some important guidelines issued by the official authorities. Candidates are advised to read all the guidelines carefully.
- Students cannot register for two or more regular (full time) courses simultaneously.
- Students are advised to verify all their details filled in the online form, especially their category before payment, once payment is made they cannot edit their details again.
- Students applying for university quota under NSS need to see whether they fulfill all the three criteria for NSS given in the prospectus available on official website of university.
- A helpdesk is available at computer center to assist students who require help regarding online application. Students may contact these telephone numbers 272-4000, 272-5000 or e-mail to email@example.com or they may go directly to Computer Centre, NEHU, Shillong for any assistance.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College