NEHU Shillong M.A. Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Application Process, Selection
For the academic year, NEHU Shillong offers admission to the M.A. program in 15 different specializations. To be eligible for admission in M.A. program at NEHU Shillong, candidates must possess a graduation degree with a minimum of 50% marks. Interested candidates can apply on the official website of the university.
- The university invites applications for admission to M.A. in various disciplines.
- To register, students must pay INR 500/- (INR 250/- for reserved category candidates)
- Selection will be done as per the candidate's performance in the Written Exam and GD.
Students cannot register for two or more regular (full time) courses simultaneously.
Check NEHU Admission 2019
Important Dates MA
| Registration || 02nd Jun - 05th Aug , 2020 |
NEHU Shillong M.A. Eligibility Criteria
The university offers M.A. in the following disciplines:
|Anthropology||Adult & Continuing Education||Economics|
|Journalism & Mass Communication||Khasi||Linguistics|
To be eligible for admission to any of the above-mentioned M.A. programs, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Candidates with a 3-year Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the relevant subject will be considered for admission to the Master’s Degree Course. The course-wise eligibility is mentioned below:
- M.A. in Anthropology- Majors in Anthropology, Geography, Sociology, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Home Science and Mass Communication are eligible to apply for this program.
- M.A. in Adult and Continuing Education – A Graduate with Major in any discipline securing an aggregate of 50% marks (relaxation of 5% for SC/ST)
- M.A. in Education – First preference will be given to candidates with Majors in Education with minimum marks of 50%. Candidate with 55% marks in B.Ed. (Theory) are also eligible to apply (5% relaxation for SC/ST candidates)
- M.A. in History – Student having history at undergraduate level from a recognized university or institute with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for this course. (Relaxation by 5% marks for SC/ ST categories).
- M.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication – To be eligible for admission to M.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication, students must have a 3-year bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks from a recognized university or institute.
- M.A. in Linguistics – Applicants with Major in any subject securing an aggregate of 50% or general Pass securing an aggregate of 55% may also apply. Selection will be based on the admission test and relevant NEHU criteria. There is a relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST).
- M.A. in Philosophy – Candidates with Majors in Philosophy or Majors in any subject and simple pass in Philosophy with minimum 50% marks can apply for this program. There is a relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST).
- M.A. in Political Science - Candidates with B.A. Honors/ Major in Political Science would be considered for admission to MA in Political Science.
- M.A. in Sociology – Admission to the M.A Sociology program is strictly for those candidates with honors in Sociology.
- M.A. in English – Admission to the M.A. in English is strictly meant for the candidates with an Honors Degree in English.
NEHU Shillong M.A. Application Procedure
One can register online through the University’s official website. Applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria, before applying for the course. Applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
- One must visit the official website of NEHU Shillong.
- Go to the Online Application Portal.
- Register by filling the required details.
- Proceed to fill the application form.
- Enter the information with careful scrutiny.
- Pay the application fees of INR. 500/- (INR 250/- for SC/ ST).
- Upload all the required documents.
- Verify all the information and click on the submit button.
The application fees can be paid online through Debit/Credit card or Net banking.
NEHU Shillong M.A. Selection Process
M.A. aspirants must appear for a Written Test, which will be conducted by the concerned departments.
- Eligible applicants will be called for the written test.
- Candidates who qualify the written test must proceed for the GD.
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their performance in group discussion will go for interview round.
- Those who will qualify all the stages of the Screening Process will be granted admission.
Reservation of Seats
- Open category: 50%
- Reserved for SC/ST: 50%
- Foreign Students: 10%
North-Eastern Hill University
Country Code: 91; Area Code: 364
Phone: 0364-2721777 or 0364-2307930
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College