NEHU Shillong M.Sc. Admission 2019
Updated On - October 31st 2018
NEHU Shillong (North Eastern Hill University) is a Central University, established on 19 July 1973 by an Act of the Indian Parliament. The university is in the suburb of Shillong, the state capital of Meghalaya, India. It has two campuses in Meghalaya- Shillong and Tura. NEHU, Shillong offers admission in various UG (Under Graduate) and PG (Post Graduate) courses, every year for students.
For the academic year, the university offers admission to M.Sc. program in 12 different Specializations which are Anthropology, Botany / Plant Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Economics, Geography, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology. The registration process for admission to this program has started already. Candidates can apply on the official website of university i.e. nehu.ac.in.
- Candidates wishing to apply, must have graduation degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university or institute.
- The university is inviting application for admission to M.Sc. program in various disciplines.
- Candidates are required to pay an application fee of INR 220 at the time registration.
- There is a relaxation of INR 110 for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST).
Important Dates M.Sc
| Registration || 05th Jun - 05th Jul , 2019 |
NEHU Shillong M.Sc. Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who will successfully qualify the eligibility criteria, are only eligible to apply for the program. To seek admission in M.Sc. program, candidates must have 3-year Bachelor’s degree with a relevant subject or its equivalent in the relevant subject shall ordinarily be considered for admission to the Master’s Degree Course. The course-wise eligibility is given below:
- M.Sc. in Anthropology- Candidate with major in Anthropology, Geography, Sociology, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Home Science and Mass Communication are eligible to apply.
- M.Sc. in Statistics- Graduate with Statistics and Mathematics as a pass subject, graduate with Mathematics and Statistics as a pass subject or B.A. / B.Sc. with Mathematics and Statistics as pass subjects. In addition, students with P.G. Diploma in Statistics of NEHU may also apply if they have Mathematics as Majors or Pass subject.
- M.Sc. in Environmental Science- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree (Majors) in Environmental Science /Botany /Zoology /Chemistry / Biotechnology /Biochemistry /Geography /Geology/Forestry are eligible to apply.
- M.Sc. in Botany / Plant Molecular Biology- B.Sc.(Majors) Botany /Biotechnology/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology /Chemistry (with Botany/Zoology/ Chemistry /Biochemistry as one of the papers).
- M.Sc. in Biotechnology– Candidates with a B.Sc. degree in Biotechnology are eligible to apply.
NEHU Shillong M.Sc. Application Procedure
The registration process is underway. Candidates can apply on the university’s website. Students are required to visit the website and fill application form. All the information which is mentioned on the application form must be correct and similar with the information of original documents. No applications will be accepted after the due date.
Candidates have to pay an application fee of INR 220 at the time online form submission. There is relaxation of INR 110 for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST). It can be paid in online mode using Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking through payment gateway.
Steps to Apply:
- Go to the official website of NEHU Shillong i.e. nehu.ac.in.
- Click on Admission tab and select your applied course.
- Fill application form with all the required information.
- Pay an application fee of INR 220 (INR 110 for SC/ ST).
- Upload all the required documents.
- Verify all the information and click on submit button.
- Take the multiple copies of printout for future reference.
NEHU Shillong M.Sc. Selection Process
The selection process consists of written test, GD round (Group Discussion), and PI round (Personal Interview). To get admission in NEHU Shillong M.Sc. program, candidates have to qualify all the stages of selection process.
- Applicants found suitable for admission, will be called for written test.
- After the declaration of written test result, qualifying candidates will be only eligible for next stage of selection process i.e. Group Discussion.
- Those who will qualify GD round will appear in the final stage of selection- interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will be considered for admission.
NEHU Shillong Important Guidelines
There are some important guidelines issued by the official authorities of university. Candidates are advised to read all the guidelines carefully.
- Students cannot register for two or more regular (full time) courses together.
- Candidates are requested to print a hard copy of the online form and submitted the same Along with other documents to the concerned Head of Department.
- Applicants applying for University Quota under NSS need to see whether they fulfill all the three criteria for NSS given in the prospectus.
- A Helpdesk is available at Computer Centre to assist students who require help regarding online application. Students may contact these telephone numbers 272-4000, 272-5000 or e-mail to email@example.com or they may go directly to Computer Centre, NEHU, Shillong for any assistance.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College