AFMC Pune (Armed Forces Medical College) is managed by the Indian Armed Forces. AFMC, Pune offers 130 seats for admission to MBBS program. The selection in AFMC, Pune is done on the basis of NEET score obtained by the candidates.
Students who qualified for NTA NEET will be called to appear in the TOELR (Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic, and Reasoning). Admission dates of AFMC will be out soon. Read More: AFMC Pune Admission
The duration of the MBBS course is 4 years 6 month followed by compulsory rotating internship training of one year. Click on AFMC courses & fees to know more
AFMC Pune MBBS Application Procedure
Candidates seeking admission to AFMC Pune will have to qualify the NEET UG –2020 examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
Eligible candidates who are interested to join AFMC Pune, to pursue the MBBS course will have to mandatorily register and apply for AFMC, Pune on DGHS website: www.mcc.nic.
- List of candidates who have applied for AFMC will be provided by DGHS.
- NEET Roll No. of shortlisted candidates for the screening at AFMC, Pune based on merit will be displayed on the website.
- Candidates will be called in the third and fourth week of June 2020 at AFMC, Pune.
- The exact schedule of the screening at AFMC, Pune along with the details of the shortlisted candidates will be available on ‘afmcdg1d.gov.in /www.mcc.nic.in’ tentatively by 20 June 2020.
AFMC Pune MBBS Admission Eligibility Criteria
To seek admission to MBBS program, candidates must fulfill the complete eligibility criteria mentioned below:
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
- Foreign nationals of Indian origin may be admitted into AFMC only after they have acquired Indian Citizenship.
- Aspirants must be unmarried. Marriage during the course is not permitted.
- Should be medically fit as per prescribed standards by the Govt. of India, Ministry of Defense.
- Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu and Kashmir are eligible for admission to AFMC, Pune.
- The minimum age limit to apply for admission is 17 years as on December 31 and the maximum is 24 years.
- Applicants must score at least 60% marks in class 12 with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized university or institute.
AFMC Pune MBBS Selection Process
- Candidates need to apply for NEET exam. The selection is done on the basis of candidate’s performance in NEET.
- On the basis of the NEET score and screening at AFMC, two merit lists will be prepared, one for boys and one for girls, and admissions in accordance with their final position in the merit list.
- The remaining candidates will be on the waiting list. The result will be displayed on the website of AFMC Pune.
- Candidates who are applying for admission to MBBS course in AFMC, have a compulsory serve as Commissioned Officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services. The offer of the type of commission will depend upon the vacancies available and will be determined on merit co-option at the final MBBS exam.
- The liability of the SSC officers passing out of AFMC to serve in the Armed Forces Medical Services would be 7 years. The complete details of Service Liability and Bond Agreement will be given to the candidates shortlisted for the screening.
Documents required while admission process:
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Score Card
- Original mark sheet of class 12 and graduation degree
- Documents in favor of information mentioned in the application form.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College