VTU MBA and MCA Admission 2019: Courses, Placement, Result
Updated On - April 5th 2019
VTU (Visvesvaraya Technological University) is one of the largest technological university, which came into existence in the year 1998. There are 208 colleges affiliated to it. The University offers various graduated and postgraduated courses.
VTU Master’s level courses, also includes Master of Computer Application (MCA) and Master of Business Administration (MBA). Candidates seeking admission to these courses, need to appear in an entrance examination, known as Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT) conducted by Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association. Last date to submit KMAT application form.
- Application forms are available only in online mode and can be filled by visiting the official website i.e. www.kmat.ac.in
- Application fee of INR 800 can be paid through online mode, and it is same for all the categories.
- Candidates who have successfully registered can download KMAT Admit Card.
- Selection will be based on KMAT result.
- Selection will be followed by counselling.
- It will not follow centralized procedure and will be different for different institutions.
- VTU includes document verification process which is followed by the seat allotment.
- However, some institutions/colleges under VTU can also conduct group discussion/interview
Duration of MCA is three years, while MBA is of two years. Check VTU Admission 2019
Important Dates MBA/PGDM & MCA
| Registration || 20th May - 16th Jul , 2019 |
| Date of Entrance Examination ||30th Jul, 2019 |
VTU MBA and MCA 2019 Eligibility Criteria MCA & MBA/PGDM
Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria to participate in the application process. VTU MBA and MCA Eligibility criteria is mentioned below
Eligibility Criteria for MBA
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years duration with at least 50% marks in case of General/OBC category candidates and 5% concession for SC/ST candidates.
- Master’s degree from any recognized education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering, Technology or equivalent, and have secured at least 50% of marks in the aggregate (45% for SC/ST candidate).
Note: Candidates in their final year of bachelor’s degree are also eligible.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA
- Bachelor's degree with at least 50% marks for General/OBC category candidates and 45% for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates should have studied Maths at 10+2 stage or at graduation level.
VTU MBA and MCA 2019 Application Process MCA & MBA/PGDM
Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) will release the application form for KMAT. Eligible aspirants must fill the online application form by visiting the official website of KMAT i.e. www.kmat.ac.in .
- Candidates must register themselves first. After filling all the details i.e. Candidate’s name, Date of Birth, gender, nativity, Father’s name, E-mail ID and contact details, click on ‘Submit’ tab.
- Candidates will then be issued a ‘Reference Number’. It will be sent to the mobile number and email ID at the time of applying
- Next, re-login using the reference number and DOB in order to fill the form.
- Afterwards, they are required to fill in final KMAT Application Form.
- Provide all the necessary details i.e. personal detail, educational information and fill your suitable exam centers.
- Candidates have to upload scanned images of passport size photograph & signature (maximum 500kb)
- Application fee for all categories is INR 800
- Online application fee can be paid through credit card, debit card, Net Banking, wallets and other type of online payment.
- Please take a printout of the application form as a proof of acknowledgement
Note: Candidate registering for MBA and MCA both will be required to register separately for each course
VTU MBA and MCA 2019 Selection and Counselling Process MCA & MBA/PGDM
Selection to VTU MBA and MCA will be based on the following selection process
- Selection will be on the basis of KMAT entrance examination
- KMAT is a paper pen based test.
- It contains 120 multiple choice questions divided into three sections.
- The duration of the exam will be 120 minutes (2 hours)
- Post declaration of KMAT result, there will be no centralized selection procedure for the Karnataka Management Aptitude Test (KMAT).
- VTU Counselling will include document verification process followed by the seat allotment.
- Institutions under VTU for MBA and MCA admissions will hold a separate selection procedure for counselling for final admissions.
- Some colleges/institutions can conduct group discussion round/interviews.
- In such colleges, selection is based on KMAT result and interview/discussion round.
VTU MBA and MCA Minimum cut off
Cut off is the minimum percentage required to be eligible for admission to the program. It will be prepared category wise. Cut off for different categories is mentioned in the table below
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College