Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Kolkata B.Stat Admission 2019: Courses, Eligibility, Placement
Updated On - March 5th 2019
Indian Statistical Institute is a premier institution for statistical research in India which was set up in 1931 and has its headquarters in Kolkata. ISI is the institute for research, teaching and application of social sciences and statistics. ISI has four campuses situated in Chennai, Delhi, Tezpur, and Bangalore. ISI institute offers UG courses in Statistics (Hons.) and Mathematics (Hons.). Read More: ISI Kolkata Admission 2019
Highlights for Admission in B. Stat (Hons.) Course
- Aspirants who wish to look for admission in B. Stat(Hons) Course need to show up for an entrance exam led by ISI Kolkata.
- Every year a huge number of applicants participate in this examination, which most likely takes place in the month of May.
- Examination is held in offline mode.
- Admit card for the examination and result declaration will be done online on their official site
- Candidates who effectively qualify the entrance test will be called for the counselling and document verification/personal interview process.
- Also, candidates who are Indian Nationals and Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) Awardees of any previous year need not sit for the written test. Such candidates would be directly called for interview but are required to apply in the prescribed application form like all other candidates
- B.Stat (hons), is offered only in Kolkata campus, there is no course fee. Indeed, all deserving candidates will be provided with INR 3000/Month stipend
- B.SAT(Hons) Program is of 3 years duration and seat intake is 50.
Seat Distribution is as follows:
|Programme||Total No. Of Seats||GEN||OBC||SC||ST|
|Bachelor of Statistics Honours||50||25||14||7||4|
Eligibility Criteria for ISI Kolkata Admission 2019
- Successful completion of Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent with Mathematics and English as subjects.
- Eligible Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) Awardees of any previous year need not sit for the written test. Such candidates would be directly called for interview but are required to apply in the prescribed application form like all other candidates
ISI Kolkata B.Stat (Hons.) Application Form 2019
Admission to B.Stat(Hons.) of the Indian Statistical Institute depends on the merit of the competitors as judged from their performance in written test and personal interview. Their past scholarly records are also taken in consideration while preparing the merit list.
- Candidates should first complete the registration formalities by entering their Name, Email, Mobile No. and creating a login id
- They must sign in from that point and enter their personal details along with the details about their educational qualifications
- Next, they should upload their scanned photo and signature according to the specifications. (The specifications are accessible in the table beneath).
- They can pay the application form fee online through Net keeping money/Debit or Credit Cards.
- Candidates can likewise pay the amount at the closest SBI branch through the challan that must be downloaded while filling the application form. The payment must be made 2 days after downloading it.
- After submission and completion of all above mentioned steps, applicants will get a SMS notifying them of their registration
- Candidates who will pay the application form fee online must note the transaction ID after fruitful payment.
- Candidates paying offline must guarantee that the challan is properly stamped with the Journal No. and code of the bank’s branch. They should keep a copy of challan for future reference.
Dimensions and size of Photograph and Signature:
|Photograph||50KB||bmp/gif/png/jpg/jpeg||600 pixels () × 600 pixels (height)|
|Signature||30KB||bmp/gif/pn9g/jpg/jpeg||800 pixels () × 300 pixels (height)|
ISI Admission Application Form Fee
- General Category Candidates: INR 700.00
- SC/ST/OBC Category Candidates: INR 350
- Differently Abled: INR 350
ISI B.Stat (Hons.) Admission Test
For the admission in B.Stat Hons., ISI will conduct two papers - one objective paper and the second descriptive. Both papers will have questions only on Mathematics
- First paper has around 20 multiple answer choice questions.
- Second paper has around 7-8 questions to which you are required to write descriptive answers.
Duration for both tests is 2 Hours.
ISI Entrance Test Admit Card 2019
The admit card for ISI Admission Test with in the college only. Competitors needed to sign in to get to and download the ISI Admission Test Admit Card. They should check each and every detail imprinted on the admit card and convey if any error to the concerned authorities. The admit card must be carried to the exam hall while showing up for the exam. Students with no admit card won't be permitted to appear in the exam.
ISI Exam Centers
This exam will be conducted in several cities across the country. Exam centers for ISI Admission are listed below:
ISI B.Stat Hons. Admission Counselling 2019
- Candidates who have qualified in the ISI Admission Test 2019 will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance and will be called for the interview.
- Such competitors should download their call letters and go to the face to face counselling according to the scheduled dates and time.
- They should produce their original documents as per the eligibility criteria mentioned also
- After verification of documents and qualifying the counselling process, competitors must complete their admission formalities in order to confirm their admission.
ISI Admission Important Dates
Candidates should keep themselves updated with these dates:
|Payment of Application Fee Starts||February 07, 2019|
|Payment of Application Fee Ends||March 19, 2019|
|Download of Hall Ticket||April 12, 2019|
|ISI Admission Test||May 12, 2019|
|Merit list & Provisional seat allotment||July 2019|
ISI Admission Contact Details Address:
Indian Statistical Institute,
203 Barrackpore Trunk Road,
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College