Indian Statistical Institute is a premier institution for statistical research in India. It offers UG courses in Statistics (Hons.) and Mathematics (Hons.). Read More: ISI Kolkata Admission
Highlights for Admission in B. Stat (Hons.) Course
- For B. Stat (Hons) Course candidates need to qualify the entrance exam conducted by ISI Kolkata.
- Examination is held in the month of March in offline mode.
- Qualified candidates will be called for the counselling and document verification/personal interview process.
- Also, candidates who are Indian Nationals and Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) Awardees of any previous year need not to sit for the written test.
- B. Stat (Hons) is offered only in Kolkata campus, there is no course fee. Indeed, all deserving candidates will be provided with INR 3000/Month stipend.
- B. Stat (Hons) Program is of 3 years duration and seat intake is 50.
To know more about the Institute click on ISI Kolkata courses and fees
Seat Distribution is as follows:
|Programme||Total No. Of Seats||GEN||OBC||SC||ST|
|Bachelor of Statistics Honours||50||25||14||7||4|
ISI Kolkata B.Stat (Hons.) Application Form 2020
Admission to B.Stat(Hons.) depends on the merit of the candidate’s performance in written test and personal interview. Their past scholarly records are also taken in consideration while preparing the merit list.
- Candidates should first complete the registration formalities by entering their Name, Email, Mobile No. and creating a login id.
- They must sign in and enter their personal details along with the details about their educational qualifications.
- Next, they should upload their scanned photo and signature according to the specifications. (The specifications are accessible in the table beneath).
- They can pay the application form fee online through Net keeping money/Debit or Credit Cards.
- Candidates can likewise pay the amount at the closest SBI branch through the challan that must be downloaded while filling the application form. The payment must be made 2 days after downloading it.
- After submission and completion of all above-mentioned steps, applicants will get an SMS notifying them of their registration.
- Candidates who will pay the application form fee online must note the transaction ID after fruitful payment.
- Candidates paying offline must guarantee that the challan is properly stamped with the Journal No. and code of the bank’s branch.
- They should keep a copy of challan for future reference.
Dimensions and size of Photograph and Signature:
|Photograph||50KB||bmp/gif/png/jpg/jpeg||600 pixels × 600 pixels (height)|
|Signature||30KB||bmp/gif/pn9g/jpg/jpeg||800 pixels × 300 pixels (height)|
ISI Admission Application Form Fee
- General Category Candidates: INR 700.00
- SC/ST/OBC Category Candidates: INR 350
- Differently Abled: INR 350
Eligibility Criteria for ISI Kolkata Admission 2020
- Successful completion of Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent with Mathematics and English as subjects.
- Eligible Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) Awardees of any previous year need not sit for the written test.
ISI B.Stat (Hons.) Admission Test
For the admission in B.Stat Hons., ISI will conduct two papers - one objective paper and the second descriptive.
- First paper has around 20 multiple answer choice questions.
- Second paper has around 7-8 questions to which you are required to write descriptive answers.
Duration for both tests is 2 Hours.
ISI Entrance Test Admit Card 2020
Candidates are required to sign in to download the ISI Admission Test, Admit Card. One should check each and every detail imprinted on the admit card and convey if any error to the concerned authorities. The admit card must be carried to the exam hall while showing up for the exam. Students with no admit card won't be permitted to appear in the exam.
ISI B.Stat Hons. Admission Counselling 2020
- Candidates who have qualified in the ISI Admission Test 2020 will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance and will be called for the interview.
- Such participants should download their call letters and go to the face to face counselling according to the scheduled dates and time.
- They should produce their original documents as per the eligibility criteria.
- After verification of documents and qualifying the counselling process, competitors must complete their admission formalities in order to confirm their admission.
ISI Admission Important Dates
Candidates should keep themselves updated with these dates:
|Online Application Start Date||February 05, 2020|
|Online Application End Date||March 15, 2020|
|Payment of Application Fee Starts||Feb 7, 2020|
|Payment of Application Fee End||March 19, 2020|
|Admission Test||May 5, 2020|
ISI Admission Contact Details Address:
Indian Statistical Institute,
203 Barrackpore Trunk Road,
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College