BITS Pilani (Birla Institute of Technology and Science) is a private (deemed) university. Apart from Pilani, BITS has established centers at Goa, Hyderabad, Dubai.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science is affiliated by ACU (Association of Commonwealth Universities), UGC (University Grants Commission), NAAC (National Accreditation and Association Council), PCI (Pharmacy Council of India), AIU (Association of Indian Universities).
- BITS Pilani conducts Higher Degree Entrance Exam for admission in M.E course.
- It is conducted by BITS Pilani and the cutoff for it is also decided by the same institute.
- To apply for M.E Admission candidates should visit www.bitsadmission.com.
- After filling the form, it should be submitted at BITS Pilani.
- The filled form should be accompanied by application fee INR 2750.
- Selection of candidates is based on merit obtained, eligibility criteria and interview/group discussion.
BITS Pilani Offer M.E in 14 Specializations which are Biotechnology, Chemical, Civil Engineering(with specialization in Infrastructure Engineering and Management, Structural Engineering, Transportation Engineering), Communication Engineering, Computer Science, Design Engineering, Embedded Systems, Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Mechanical, Microelectronics, Software Systems.
Important Dates ME/M.Tech
| Availability of Admission Forms || 09th Apr - 05th May , 2019 |
| Admission ||08th May, 2019 |
| Date of Entrance Examination ||15th May, 2019 |
Eligibility Criteria for M.E Admission
BITS Pilani has setup some criteria for eligibility for candidate those who want to take admission in ME course. Below are the pointers listed for eligibility criteria:
- A minimum aggregate of 60% in the Graduation.
- Merit scored in BITS HD M.E exam
Branch Wise Eligibility:
- M.E. Design and Manufacturing System: B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- M.E. Microelectronics: B.E. / B.Tech. or equivalent in EEE/E&I/ECE/CS or M.Sc. Physics
- M.E. Software Systems: B.E. / B.Tech. /M.Sc./M.C.A or equivalent
- M.E. Biotechnology: B.E. in Biotechnology or its equivalent with preparation in Microbiology and Bio Chemistry.
- M.E. Chemical, Civil, Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering: B.E./B.Tech in same discipline
BITS Pilani M.E Admission Application Procedure
- Eligible and interested students should visit www.bitsadmission.com
- Fill the application form
- Take the printout of the form
- Send the filled form along with application fee
Address for sending application form:
The Dean, Admissions BITS Pilani-Pilani-333031 (Rajasthan)
BITS Pilani M.E Selection Process
Admission is done considering merit score in BITS Pilani HD test. Entrance test is computer based online test. All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with four answers choices only one being the correct choice; each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark
BITS Pilani M.E Entrance Exam Pattern:
- Duration of the test 45 minutes and
- Total number of questions 30 (thirty).
- Test I is compulsory for all students who are applying for any of the higher degree programmes of the Institute and will consist of the following sections:
i. Core Mathematics - 15 no. of questions
ii. English Language Skills & Logical Reasoning - 15 no. of questions
- Duration of the test 105 minutes
- Total number of questions 70.
- Test II is compulsory for Students applying for all higher degree programs except those who are applying for only Software Systems
BITS HD Cut Off for Admission
Cutoff is the minimum qualifying marks which the candidates must secure in order to qualify the admission examination.
How is Cut-Off estimated:
- The number of candidates who appeared for the examination.
- Difficulty level in the examination.
- Total no. of seats to be filled
Previous Year BITS HD Cut Off
This table states the approximate cut off score of previous year BITS HD entrance examination:
|Course||BITS Pilani||BITS Goa||BITS Hyderabad|
|M.E in SS||120||120||–|
|M.E in Embedded||150||150 (plus)||145|
|M.E in CS||150||146||–|
|M.E in Mechanical||170||–||162|
|M.E in Civil||120||–||145|
Scholarships for Higher Degree BITS Pilani Programmes:
- Merit in Qualifying Examination- Students who have obtained aggregate marks of 75% or above in the Qualifying Examination (B.E./B.Tech) are given a merit scholarship of 20% of first semester tuition fee.
- Students who are UAE Nationals -Will be offered 50% tuition fee scholarship for the duration of the programme based on their performance in the qualifying exam and continuity of certain minimum performance during the programme.
- BITS Alumni, employees of Collaborative Organizations and Siblings/Parents of continuing students will be offered a 10% concession on the tuition fee, during the normal duration of the programme.
- Merit Scholarship for continuing students: All Students with a CGPA of 9.00 or above on a 10.00 point scale at the end of a previous semester are given a merit scholarship of 20% of tuition fee for the current semester
- Hostel Fee Concession: Higher degree students who have obtained aggregate marks of 80% or above in the Qualifying Examination (B.E./B.Tech) are given a concession of 25% on the hostel fee for the normal duration of the programme.
For any Query on M.E Admission
Birla Institute of Technology Science (BITS Pilani)
Phone Number: 91-1596242179, +91-1596515274
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College