D.G. Vaishnav College B.Com And BCA Admissions 2019
Updated On - October 16th 2018
D.G. College or DG Vaishnav College was founded in the year 1964. It is ranked as College for Potential Excellence and reaccredited with a score of ‘A’ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The college currently offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research Programmes in various streams.
The college has attained an Autonomous status from the academic year 2009-10 granted by the University Grants Commission (UGC). With a combination of courses offered even in the Evening shift, many students have benefitted and this has carved an ultra-dynamic reputation for the college.
It offers various UG and PG programs including BCA and B.Com courses. Selection of candidates to the UG courses is done on the basis of marks scored in HSC (10+2) examination.
- Both the courses are three years full-time courses.
- B.Com is provided in two shifts whereas BCA is offered in one shift only.
- Evening shift B.Com course focuses on specializations such as Corporate Secretaryship, Accounting and Finance, Honours and Bank Management.
Important Dates B.Com & BCA
| Registration || 30th Apr - 15th Jun , 2019 |
D.G. Vaishnav College B.Com AND BCA Eligibility Criteria B.Com & BCA
- Candidate passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 60% marks.
- Candidate must have studied subjects such as Commerce/Business studies, Accountancy, Mathematics / Business Mathematics/Economics/ Computer science in class 12th.
- Compliance to minimum age limit of 17 years on or before the commencement of course according to government norms is strictly followed for every course intake.
D.G. Vaishnav College B.Com AND BCA Admission Process B.Com & BCA
To apply for any course of your choice, a candidate needs to fill an application form.
- Candidates can fill the admission form from the college website
- Click on the Admissions section and fill in the relevant information disclosing all the information correctly.
- SC and ST applicants can avail the application form free of cost once they submit an attested Caste Certificate.
- Application forms for day/evening shift courses can be filled after 10+2 results are issued.
- The application forms are available only for 10 days after the issue of results.
- Once the application forms are submitted to the college office, a merit rank list based on the score achieved in 10+2 course is released.
- A candidate can check the merit list online on the college website.
- Those candidates who are selected for the course then need to complete the admission process which includes submission of admission form, verification of documents and payment of fees.
The following documents are essential to get admitted to any of the course:
- 10th Marksheet
- 10+2 Marksheet
- Transfer Certificate from School/College
- Caste Certificate if applicable
- Passport Size Photos
All these documents are required while submitting the admission form after the candidate has been selected.
Selection Process B.Com & BCA
Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of marks scored in the HSC (10+2) examination.
D.G. Vaishnav College Contact Details
Following are the contact details of D.G. College, Chennai:
Address: #833, E.V.R. Periyar High Road, Arumbakkam, Chennai- 600106
Phone Number: 91-44-23635101/ 23635102/ 23635105/ 23635106
Mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College