IISER Pune Integrated PhD Admission 2020: Eligibility, Fees, Application Dates
IISER Pune offers Integrated PhD (i-PhD) as a research program with a blend of course work (2 years) and research projects. On successful completion, students are awarded both a Master's of Science and a Ph.D degree.
The registration is done in online mode. Candidates who wish to apply can submit the application form on the official website of the Institute i.e.www.iiserpune.ac.in. Check IISER Admission 2019
Selection to i-PhD is based on a valid score of entrance test score followed by an interview round. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their performance in both stages of the selection process will be considered for admission to i-PhD program in IISER Pune.
IISER Pune Integrated PhD Application Procedure
Application to I-PhD is online. However, before going for registration candidates are advised to check eligibility criteria. Eligible candidates can submit the application form on the official website of IISER, Pune. No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
- All the information which is mentioned in the application form must be correct and verified with original documents.
- Mention a valid email address or phone number on the application form. All the information regarding interview round will be sent by email only.
- Students have to pay an application fee at the time of the registration process. It can be paid in online mode through net banking, credit card and debit card.
Steps to Apply Online:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.iiserpune.ac.in.
- Click on admission tab.
- Register by using your email id and password.
- Login after the confirmation of email.
- Fill application form with all the required information.
- Upload the scan copy of signature and photograph.
- The image size should be less than 50K.
- Verify all the filled information and save application form.
- Pay application fee in either of the available modes.
- Take the print out of the application form.
IISER Pune Integrated PhD Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for admission to integrated PhD program in IISER Pune, applicants need to fulfill the complete eligibility criteria prescribed by the institute. The eligibility criteria varies as per subject.
Eligibility for integrated PhD in Biology
- Students having Bachelor's or equivalent degree in any one of the following disciplines: Biological Sciences / Biodiversity / Chemistry / Ecology and Environmental Sciences / Mathematics / Physics / Pharmacy / Medical Sciences / Engineering (BE/ B.Tech.) from a recognized university or institute.
- Candidates should have obtained minimum 60% marks in bachelor’s degree to be eligible for admission.
- There is a relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST).
- Applicants in the final year of their Bachelor's degree are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have qualified JGEEBILS exam.
Eligibility for integrated PhD in Chemistry
- Applicants should have B. Sc. Degree in Chemistry, Physics and Biology from a recognized institute or university to be eligible for PhD admission.
- The minimum marks required to be eligible for admission is 60% (For SC/ ST).
- Candidates who are in the final year of qualifying degree, who have to appear for the final exams can also apply for Int. PhD program.
Additional Criteria: Candidates with rank No. 800 or less in JAM (Chemistry) can apply for the Integrated Ph. D. program in Chemistry.
Eligibility for integrated PhD in Mathematics
- Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA 6 out of 10 point in B.Sc. in any specialization can apply for Integrated Ph.D. Program in Mathematics.
- Candidates belonging to reserved category (SC/ ST) need 55% marks only.
Additional Criteria: Applicants must have qualify any of the entrance exam JAM in MA or MS only/ NBHM.
Eligibility for integrated PhD in Physics
- Students should have B.Sc./ B.Tech/ B.E degree from a recognized university or institute.
- Applicants need minimum 60% marks in graduation degree to be eligible for admission process.
- There is relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST).
- Rank better than or equal to 500 in either JAM (Physics) or JEST (Physics).
Read More IISER Admission
IISER Pune Integrated PhD Selection Process
The selection is done on the basis of entrance test score and interview round. Those who will qualify interview round will be considered for admission process
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their entrance test score will be called for interview round.
- There will be two rounds of interviews. Shortlisted candidates from round one will be called for a second round of interview.
- Candidates should come prepared to stay for at least two days when they come for the interview.
- Those who will qualify final round of interview are required to appear for document verification process.
- Applicants have to bring all the required documents at the time of document verification process.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College