Indira Gandhi University MCA & M.Tech Admission 2019
Updated On - October 16th 2018
Indira Gandhi University, Rewari was established on September 3, 2013. It offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in field of arts, computer science, management.
Candidates can download the application form for admission to MCA and M.Tech (Computer Science & Technology) from the official website. The basic eligibility is that the candidates must have scored 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
Total seat intake is 75 for MCA and 36 for M.Tech. Course duration is 3 years for MCA and 2 years for M.Tech. Application fee will be paid through challan only. Selection of candidates will be purely academic merit based.
Important Dates MCA & ME/M.Tech
| Registration || 01st - 21st Jun, 2019 |
| Last date for submitting of Hard Copy of Online Form with Documents ||25th Jun, 2019 |
| Display of 1st Merit List ||04th Jul, 2019 |
Indira Gandhi University MCA & M.Tech Admission Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for different courses are different such as:
- Candidates must have passed bachelor degree of minimum 3 years duration with at least 50% marks from any recognized university and must have passed 10+2 with mathematics. For SC candidates of Haryana, 47.5% marks are necessary; or
- Candidates must have passed bachelor degree of minimum 3 years duration with at least 50% marks from any recognized university with mathematics as one of the subjects. For SC candidates of Haryana, 47.5% marks are necessary; or
- Candidates must have passed BCA program of minimum 3 years duration with at least 50% marks from any recognized university. For SC candidates of Haryana, 47.5% marks are necessary.
MCA (Lateral Entry)
- Candidates must obtain at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination. Candidates must have 3 years Bachelor’s degree in BCA, B.Sc with mathematics as a compulsory subject in 10+2 or at graduation level. For SC candidates of Haryana, 47.5% marks are necessary.
M.Tech (Computer Science & Technology)
- Preference will be given to candidates with valid GATE score and admission of such candidates will be made on the basis of their rank in GATE; or
- B.E./B.Tech or equivalent degree in computer science & engineering/ computer engineering/ information technology/ electronic engineering/ electronics & instrumentation engineering with at least 50% marks in aggregate alongwith valid GATE score in computer science & engineering/IT.
Indira Gandhi University MCA & M.Tech Admission Application Procedure
Application form filling process is online however candidates will have to send the form enclosed with necessary documents to the respective departments. The steps are as follows:
- Visit official website of university i.e. http://igu.ac.in/.
- Click on ‘Admission’ link and further on ‘Click here for online admission’.
- Click on ‘I have read the instructions and wish to “apply online”
- Application form will be displayed on the screen, fill the form.
- Take printout of the filled-up application form.
- Along with printout, enclose all the documents and send it to respective department at
Indira Gandhi University
Documents are important to avoid rejection of application form. The documents to be attached with application form are as follows:
- Valid ID Proof such as driving license, passport, voter id.
- Aadhar card
- Marksheets of 10th, 12th and graduation.
- Recent passport size photograph scanned in JPG format and size not more than 300 KB.
Application fee of INR 800 for general category and INR 200 for SC/ST category needs to be paid through challan. The challan will be generated at the time of form submission.
Indira Gandhi University MCA & M.Tech Admission Selection Process
Selection of candidates for different courses will be based on the selection procedure set up by the university such as:
- MCA: Candidates will be selected on the basis of academic merit. No separate entrance exam will be conducted.
- MCA (Lateral Entry): Admissions will be made at the university level on the basis of academic merit in the qualifying examination.
- M.Tech (Computer Science & Technology): Admissions will be made on the basis of GATE Score and if seats are vacant, marks obtained in qualifying examination will be considered.
Indira Gandhi University MCA & M.Tech Admission Reservation
Indira Gandhi University follows the reservation policy notified by the Govt. of Haryana. The reservation policy is as follows:
|All India open Category Seats||15% of the sanctioned intake|
|State Quota (85% of the sanctioned intake)||Haryana Open General Category (50% of the State Quota)|
|Scheduled Caste (20% of the State Quota)|
|Reserved Categories of Haryana (50% of the State Quota)|
|Physically handicapped (3% of the State Quota)|
|Backward Classes of Haryana (27% of the State Quota)|
Indira Gandhi University MCA & M.Tech Admission Contact Details
For any other enquiry, kindly contact the University at:
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College