Satavahana University is situated in Telangana. It was established in the year 2008. It is named after the great dynasty of the Satvahanas who ruled the region. The University aims at bringing an equilibrium between quality teaching and value based teaching. It gives a lot of attention to social empowerment of all its students and thus have played a major role in shaping the present status of the areas surrounding the University. With a rich base of faculty and courses, the University have carved an identity for itself in short span of time.
Satavahana University offers various courses under Post Graduate Programmes. It offers courses like M.A. (Telugu, English, Urdu, Economics and Sociology), M.Sc (Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Zoology, Micro Biology, Food Science & Technology and Mathematics), M.Com., M.S.W., M.B.A. and M.C.A. The University is affiliated to UGC and spreads across 200 acres of land.
Satavahana University invites application for Post Graduate Degree Programmes.
- All the courses are of 2 years spread over 4 semesters.
- It offers courses through two of its colleges, University College, Karimnagar and University Post Graduate College, Godavarikani. Read More: Satavahana University Admission 2020
In order to get admission in the University, a candidate needs to follow these steps:
- Fill in the application form given on the college website. The cost of application form is INR 100 only. Application forms are available at the University Admission Office. Payment of application fees is then to be done in the office itself. For all the applicants who have downloaded the form online through college website, a Demand Draft payable at any nationalised bank branch in Karimnagar is to be drawn in the favour of The Registrar, Satvahana University.
- Applications are to be posted to The Office of Registrar, Jyothi Nagar, Near Chemist Bhavan, Satvahana University, Karimnagar- 505001, Telangana. No certificates or marksheets are to be attached in the application post.
- Fill in the personal information, caste status, area status (local or non local), qualifying examination and proper address for further communication. A passport size photograph is to be attached as well.
- Apply for the qualifying examination through college website and appear for the same.
- After the results of the qualifying exams are intimated through post or on college website, every applicant must undergo a counselling session. Information relating to the counselling session is to be checked on the college website.
- All the eligible candidates need to pass the relevant Bachelors course to take admission in the same stream for Masters Exam; which means a student who wish to get admitted to M.Sc. must pass B.Sc. examination.
- Any active backlog makes you ineligible to get admitted to any course of Satvanaha University.
- A qualifying examination is to be given by every student desirous of admission to the University.
- Reservation quota is revised as and when prescribed by the State Government.
- Preference to local students is given.
Satvahana University Pg Courses Intake
- Intake in the University College, Karimnagar ranges from 30-40 students per course.
- The capacity to intake students in the colleges affiliated to the University differs.
- Common entrance test is conducted for all the specializations of M.Com (General, Computer, Banking and Insurance and Financial Accounting) and M.Sc. (Mathematics, Statistics and Applied Mathematics).
- No test is to be conducted for M.A. (Sanskrit, Hindi, Urdu) and M.Sc. (Food, Science and Technology).
- Admissions in any of the course is based on the marks obtained in the qualifying exam.
- During the counselling session, an applicant must carry all the original marksheets and certificates.
- Candidates needs to submit relevant documents and fee after admission.
To get more information about PG admissions in Satvahana University contact:
Address: Satvahana University, Malkapoor Road, Chintakunta, Karimnagar- 505001, Telangana
Contact Number: 91-878-225-5911
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College