IIT Indore PhD Admission 2020: Application, Eligibility, Dates
IIT (Indian Institute of technology) Indore, is one of the most renowned institutes. It established by Government of India in 2009. The institute provides undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs. It comprises 3 schools- School of Engineering, School of Basic Science and School of Humanities & Social Science
IIT Indore offers PhD program in various specializations. Institute considers GATE or NET scores for the evaluation of Candidates. Final selection to the Ph.D. program is done on the basis of educational qualifications and experience which is followed by the personal interview/ written test.
- IIT Indore PhD Application form can be filled in online mode by visiting the official website i.e. www.iiti.ac.in
- Application fee of INR 100 can be paid through a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of “Registrar, IIT Indore” payable at Indore.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the information provided by them in application form.
- Shortlisted candidates must reach the venue at the allotted date and time for Personal Interview.
- PI/ written test will be followed by document verification process. Check IIT Indore Admission 2020
IIT Indore PhD Total Specializations
The various specializations provided by IIT Indore are mentioned in the table below:
|Engineering||Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electrical Engineering (EE), Mechanical Engineering (ME),|
Civil Engineering (CE), Metallurgy Engineering & Materials Science
(MEMS), Biosciences & Biomedical Engineering (BSBE) and Astronomy, Astrophysics and Space Engineering (AASE)
|Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS)||English, Economics, Psychology, Philosophy, History and Sociology|
|Basic Sciences||Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics|
|Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT||Electrical Engineering / |
Computer Science & Engineering
Important Dates M.Phil/Ph.D in Science , M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering & M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts
| Registration || 18th Mar - 09th Jun , 2020 |
IIT Indore PhD 2020 Eligibility Criteria M.Phil/Ph.D in Science , M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering & M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts
Minimum Eligibility criteria for admission to PhD course is examined below:
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering
- More than 60% in master’s degree in the relevant discipline of the Engineering/Technology with GATE Score; or
- More than 60% in bachelor degree in the relevant Engineering/ Technology discipline from a reputed Institute with a valid GATE score; or
- Master degree in the relevant discipline of Science with more than 60% along with valid GATE qualification or UGC/CSIR-JRF qualification or equivalent fellowship; or
- Master degree in relevant field of Science with first division having UGC NET Lecturership and GATE Qualification.
Eligibility criteria for Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS)
- Master’s degree in concerned discipline of HSS with more than 60% along with UGC-JRF qualification or UGC-NET qualification or Equivalent Fellowship; or
- Master degree in Science with first division along with UGC-JRF qualification or UGC-NET or CSIR-NET or Equivalent Fellowship; or
- Master degree in Engineering and Technology with first division along with GATE Score; or
- M.Phil in relevant field with GATE score; or
- Master degree in Engineering and Technology with first division along with UGC-CSIR JRF or equivalent qualification.
Eligibility Criteria for Basic Sciences
- More than 60% in master’s degree in the relevant science discipline with valid UGC/CSIR-JRF/GATE or Equivalent Fellowship; or
- More than 60% M. Tech in relevant discipline with GATE Score; or
- Candidates securing more than 60% in Bachelor degree in the relevant Engineering/ Technology discipline with a valid GATE score; or
- More than 60% in master’s degree in the relevant science discipline with valid UGC NET Lecturership and GATE Qualification.
Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT
- Master degree in the relevant discipline of the Engineering/Technology securing more than 60% marks or equivalent CGPA; or
- Bachelor degree in the relevant Engineering/ Technology discipline from a reputed Institute with more than 60% with a valid GATE score; or
- Master degree in the relevant discipline of Science scoring more than 60% with valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-JRF qualification or equivalent fellowship.
NOTE: The above mentioned criteria may be relaxed for Industry personnel or Government sponsored candidates with an experience of at least four years.
IIT Indore PhD 2020 Application Process M.Phil/Ph.D in Science , M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering & M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts
Application form can be filled in online mode and detailed process is given below
- Visit the official website i.e. www.iiti.ac.in
- Click on the link “Apply online for PhD Admission”
- Select your discipline
- Application form will appear
- Fill all the details i.e. personal, educational, entrance exams score and work experience.
- Pay the application fee of INR 100/- to State Bank Collect.
- Submit the application form.
- Take the print of application form.
- put the signature on the designated space.
Hard copy of application form will be checked during the interview along with the other documents.
Note: In case a candidate wishes to apply in more than one discipline then separate application must be filled for each discipline.
Check IIT Indore Admission
IIT Indore PhD 2020 Selection Process
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of the information provided by them in their application form and selection will be based on their Personal Interview/ Written Test. Candidates must carry certain documents during the interview process because of the document verification process.
Fellowship Awardee (FA) – An awardee from funding agencies like CSIR, UGC, NBHM, DST. Or a JRF/SRF project staff working in funded project in IIT Indore.
- Teaching Assistantship (TA) – Scholarship under MHRD guidelines.
- Sponsored without Institute Scholarship (SW) – Sponsored candidate from R and D organisation or Industry.
- Intitute Staff (IS) – Staff member of IIT Indore.
- Defence (DF) – Personnel serving Armed forces without institute scholarship.
- College Teacher (CT) – Permanent Teacher of Sponsoring College/University without scholarship
A candidate has to bring the signed hard-copy of the application along with:
- State Bank Collect receipt
- Recent photograph
- Self- attested relevant Certificates
For SW candidates
- No Objection Certificate
- Experience Certificate
- Last 3 months’ salary slip
- Employer’s PAN Card
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College