Magadha University, Bodhgaya, is a state university which was established in 1962. It provides various undergraduate, postgraduate and research programs to colleges and affiliated colleges. Magadh University offers PG courses in arts, commerce and science streams with more than 20 specializations.
- Admission to the PG course in Magadh University is based on the marks secured in by candidates in the qualifying examination i.e. Bachelor’s degree.
- Duration of the PG courses is two-year.
- Application forms must be submitted before the last date.
- Application forms can be filled in both the ways i.e. online as well as offline.
- Application fee is INR 500 for General/OBC/ PWD and INR 250 for SC/ ST applicants.
- Minimum eligibility criteria for admission is Masters’ program is that candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in respective bachelors’ degree.
- Admission is done on the Merit basis followed by document verification process.
- For Ph.D., candidate need to hold a master’s degree to be eligible. Read More: MU Admission
- Admission to Ph.D. is done on the basis of Pre-Ph.D. Entrance Test.
The University offers various Postgraduate courses in MA, M.Sc. and M.Com in various discipline. The eligibility criteria for all courses is Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline. Admission to all courses is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
List of Courses:
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility||Selection Criteria|
|MA||English||Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from a recognized University||On the basis of marks obtained in qualifying examination|
Admission to all the PG courses is done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. Admission to Ph.D. is done on the basis of Pre-Ph.D. Entrance Test conducted by University
How to Apply
Eligible candidates can fill the application form in both the ways i.e. online as well as offline. Detailed procedure of both is given below:
- Online application form can be obtained by visiting the official website.
- Click on the “Registration button” and fill your name and other personal details.
- After registration, application form will appear.
- Fill the application form by providing all the details such as academic qualification and work experience (if any).
- Attach scanned copy of all the relevant documents and photograph.
- Preview all the information provided.
- Proceed to pay the application fees.
- Application fee can be paid through Debit card, Credit card or Net Banking.
- Submit the duly filled in application form.
- Offline form can be obtained from the Directorate to prospective applicants on payment of prescribed price.
- Application fees can be paid through Bank Draft in favour of “Director, Directorate of Distance Education, M.U., Bodh-Gaya” payable at Bodh-Gaya or through money receipt.
- Application Fees: INR 500 (for General/OBC/ PwD) and INR 250 for SC/ST applicant)
- The Admission & Enrolment Form duly supported by the attested photo copies of the relevant documents must reach the address specified below:
Directorate of Distance Education
Magadh University, Bodh-Gaya (Bihar)
Documents required at the time of Admission:
- 10th Mark sheet and certificate
- 12th Mark sheet and certificate
- Transfer Certificate and Migration Certificate
- Admission Entrance test Admit Card
- Category Certificate
The University offers seats to candidates on the basis of reservation criteria given in the table below:
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College