Nalanda Open University B.Ed Admission 2019
Updated On - October 10th 2018
Nalanda Open University, Patna, also known as NOU, is an open university which was established in 1987. The university provides numerous undergraduate, postgraduate, PhD, diploma and certificate courses through distance and open education.
Nalanda Open University provides B.Ed program in various disciplines and admission to the program is on the basis of eligibility followed by the entrance examination. Total number of seats offered are 500 and duration of the course is 2 years.
- Application forms can be obtained in offline mode from campus.
- Application fee is INR 350 if form is obtained from sales counter and INR 400 in case of registered post.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their academic qualification and work experience.
- Shortlisting will be followed by B.Ed entrance examination conducted by the university.
Important Dates B.Ed
| Registration || 30th May - 19th Jun , 2019 |
| Date of Entrance Examination ||15th Jul, 2019 |
| Announcement of Results ||23rd Jul, 2019 |
| Counselling Session || 27th Jul - 08th Aug , 2019 |
Nalanda Open University B.Ed Admission Eligibility Criteria
Minimum eligibility criteria for admission to Nalanda Open University B.Ed course is:
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in any subject with at least 50 percent marks at graduate level from a recognized university.
- Aspirant must have a two years of teaching experience.
Nalanda Open University B.Ed Admission 2018 Application Procedure
The application form can only be acquired through offline mode. The form and the university’s prospectus can either be obtained through Demand Draft of INR 350 from the sales counter of Nalanda Open University or by sending the demand draft of INR 400 by registered post, drawn in favor of Nalanda Open University, Payable at Patna.
- Fill all the details in the application form which includes personal details, educational qualifications and work experience.
- Paste the photograph and signatures need to be done on the provided space.
- Attach the following documents with the application form:
- Attested certificate of matriculation for proof of age.
- Attested Photocopy of the mark sheet of the qualifying examination,
- Attested Caste certificate, issued by DM/DC/SDO or any other person authorized to issue such certificate for SC/ST/BC/OBC candidates
- All the documents and application form must reach the following address either personally or by registered post
Nalanda Open University, 3rd Floor,
Patna 800 001, Bihar
Nalanda Open University B.Ed Admission 2018 Selection Process
Admission is based on the basis of a preliminary scrutiny but the aspirants will be large in number, so the university will conduct a written test as a selection process in the B.Ed course.
- In this selection process all the applicants will have to appear in the Entrance Test
- Out of all the applicants appeared in Entrance Test, 500 candidates will be selected for admission to B.Ed. course.
- Examinees will be selected on the basis of their merit.
- University will admit aspirants following reservation rules of the state government
Nalanda Open University B.Ed Admission 2018 instructions
Candidates must follow the instructions mentioned below to avoid any discrepancy before/during the admission process:
- Original documents i.e. mark sheet of qualifying examination and certificate of matriculation exam will be returned to the candidates immediately after verification and the attested photocopy of the document will be kept by the university for record.
- Three self-addressed envelopes of size 10 x 4.5 inch each i.e. one ticket-size photograph will be affixed on the admission form at the space provided, another photograph will be pasted on the identity card and the third will be required for identity card register. All the three photographs must be attested by a competent authority. Also, the candidates are required to write their name on the reverse of the photographs.
- The candidate selected for admission must pay the required charges at the time of admission. The payment must be made through demand draft in favor of Nalanda Open University, payable at Patna.
- 25% fee concession will be given to women seeking admission in any course.
- On the reverse side of the Demand Draft, the candidate must write his/her name, admission form number and the name of the course he has applied for.
- Candidates are advised to retain photocopy of the demand draft for their own record.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College