IISER Bhopal Ph.D Admission 2019
Updated On - October 16th 2018
IISER Bhopal was established in the year 2008. It was established by the proclamation of Ministry of Human Resource Development to cater to the needs of quality research and education in science and related fields. It has 8 departments in all. It facilitates the students with Medical Insurance, Anti Ragging Cell and Anti Sexual Harassment Policy. It also encourages Publications, Patents and Research Projects.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal invites applications for Ph.D programmes for the academic year.
- The disciplines for the programme are Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Mathematics, Physics and Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
- The selection is done based on the application and recommendation.
- All the applicants have to undergo two rounds of interviews after scrutiny of the applications.
- Selected candidates are eligible for the JRF Fellowship.
Important Dates M.Phil/Ph.D in Science & M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering
| Registration || 15th Sep - 15th Oct , 2019 |
IISER Bhopal PH.D. Programme Eligibility Criteria M.Phil/Ph.D in Science & M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for Ph.D.
- A candidate must have any of the Masters Degree amongst M.Tech/ M.E/ M.S. Admission to the relevant discipline is made based on the degree held.
- A minimum of 60% marks or a minimum CGPA of 7.0 on a scale of 10 in the Masters Degree is required to be eligible to apply for the course.
- The applicant must have also qualified and acquire a valid rank in Graduate Aptitude Rest in Engineering (GATE)/ Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)/ National Eligibility Test- Junior Research Fellowship except for those who have completed and MS Degree from abroad.
- An applicant preferably should not be more than 28 years of age. Age relaxation of 3 years is given to Other Backward Classes (OBC) category. Age relaxation of 5 years is given to Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/Female applicants.
IISER Bhopal Ph.D. Programme Application Process M.Phil/Ph.D in Science & M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering
- A student must fulfil the given eligibility.
- An Application form (https://www.iiserb.ac.in/assets/pdf/phd_application_form.pdf) and a Recommendation (https://www.iiserb.ac.in/assets/pdf/phd_recommendation_form.pdf) available on the website are to be filled and sent to The Dean, Academic Affairs, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal- 462066, Madhya Pradesh.
- Disclose information related to selection of the discipline, personal details, category information, academic record, work experience, number of publications, preferred area of research broadly and contact details.
- The Recommendation Letter includes information regarding to the applicant’s acquaintance with the person recommending, applicant’s strengths and weaknesses and comments, if any.
- Along with this, candidates applying for Physics discipline need to fill an online application form available on the official website.
- The applications sent are scrutinised and then the phase of selection starts. The list of the selected students for interviews is uploaded on the official website.
- Please retain a copy of the hardcopy application sent to the college. The same has to be produced during Interview round once selected.
IISER Bhopal Ph.D. Programme Selection Process
- The hardcopy of the application and recommendation are scrutinised.
- The selection procedure is based on the performance of the applicant in the Interview Rounds. There are two sets of interviews to be cleared. Shortlisted candidates for the interview are intimidated by email. Travelling allowance is paid to SC/ST candidates as per Government of India norms.
- Shortlisted candidates of Round 1 have an opportunity to interact with the respective faculty members of the department.
- Final selection is done after the Round 2.
All the communication related to shortlisting and declaration of results is done through email only.
IISER Bhopal Contact Details
IISER Bhopal can be contacted by:
Address: The Dean, Academic Affairs, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal- 462066, Madhya Pradesh
Concerned email ids for respective disciplines:
Earth and Environmental Science
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College