IISER Bhopal Ph.D Admission 2020: Application Form, Entrance Exam, Eligibility
IISER, Bhopal invites applications for Ph.D programs for the academic year 2020. IISER, Bhopal offers Ph.D program in multifarious disciplines like Biological Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Mathematics, Physics and Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
Selection to Ph.D is done on the basis of application and recommendation. Application to Ph.D program offered by IISER, Bhopal can be made on the official website (Direct link is given below). All the applicants have to undergo two rounds of interviews after scrutiny of the applications. Selected candidates are eligible for the JRF Fellowship. Check IISER Admission 2019
Important Dates M.Phil/Ph.D in Science & M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering
| Registration || 15th Sep - 15th Oct , 2019 |
IISER Bhopal PH.D. Programme Eligibility Criteria M.Phil/Ph.D in Science & M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for Ph.D.
- A candidate must have any of the Masters Degree amongst M.Tech/ M.E/ M.S.
- Admission to the relevant discipline is made based on the degree held.
- A minimum of 60% marks or a minimum CGPA of 7.0 on a scale of 10 in the Masters Degree is required to be eligible to apply for the course.
- The applicant must have also qualified and acquire a valid rank in GATE/ CSIR National Eligibility Test- Junior Research Fellowship except for those who have completed and MS Degree from abroad.
- An applicant preferably should not be more than 28 years of age. Age relaxation of 3 years is given to Other Backward Classes (OBC) category. Age relaxation of 5 years is given to Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/Female applicants.
IISER Bhopal Ph.D. Programme Application Process M.Phil/Ph.D in Science & M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering
Candidates seeking admission to Ph.D program offered by IISER, Bhopal must fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria. After confirming the eligibility, the applicant can reach the university website. Follow the procedure given below to correctly fill the application form.
- Visit https://www.iiserb.ac.in/doaa/phd-admission.
- Select any of the given links for application to Biological Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences and Chemistry respectively.
- On the following application page, fill all the required credentials.
- Disclose information related to the selection of the discipline, personal details, category information, academic record, work experience, number of publications, preferred area of research broadly and contact details.
- Upload scanned copy of the Recommendation Letter. includes information regarding the applicant’s acquaintance with the person recommending, applicant’s strengths and weaknesses and comments, if any.
- Please retain a print out of the PDF of the online application form submitted by you.
IISER Bhopal Ph.D. Programme Selection Process
- Application and recommendation are scrutinised.
- The selection procedure is based on the performance of the applicant in the Interview Rounds.
- There are two sets of interviews to be cleared. Shortlisted candidates for the interview are intimidated by email.
- Travelling allowance is paid to SC/ST candidates as per Government of India norms.
- Shortlisted candidates of Round 1 have an opportunity to interact with the respective faculty members of the department.
- Final selection is done after the Round 2.
All the communication related to shortlisting and declaration of results is done through email only.
IISER Bhopal Contact Details
IISER Bhopal can be contacted by:
Address: The Dean, Academic Affairs, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal- 462066, Madhya Pradesh
Concerned email ids for respective disciplines:
Earth and Environmental Science
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College