Calicut University, School of Distance Education offers 16 graduate courses, 13 postgraduate courses and two diploma courses. The School of Distance Education offers twelve bachelor’s degree programs in Arts, Five in Commerce, three in Business Administration. The application procedure for all the courses is same, majorly.
Candidates are admitted directly to the programs offered and may seek spot-admissions. Check Calicut University, School of Distance Education Admission 2019.
Applicants can visit the official website of Calicut University, School of Distance Education. They can apply online by following the given steps:
- Remit the required application fee/Admission fee/Course fees /Matriculation fee (if applicable)/ Recognition fee (if applicable) and Re-matriculation fee using (if applicable) one of the ways mentioned in ‘Mode of Payment’.
- Log on to the official website of Calicut University with Challan receipt and a recent passport size photograph for uploading in JPEG format.
- Click the link “SDE-Regular UG Admission” to get the online application.
- Fill in all the columns carefully and submit. Also, take the printout of the application.
- Attest the photo in the printout copy with a Gazetted Officer with necessary documents and forward to:
School of Distance Education,
University of Calicut,
Calicut University PO, Pin 673635.
Mode of Payment:
Fee should be remitted only through any one of the e-payment options i.e. Jana Sevana Kendrams/Akshayas and State Bank of Travancore (via e-Challan) and SBT Internet Banking.
Documents to be submitted:
- Original Challan receipt for the required fee.
- Original Transfer Certificate.
- Original and self-attested copies of qualifying certificates and Mark lists.
- Community/Income/Nativity Certificate (whichever is applicable) in the case of SC/ST/OBC/OEC candidates.
- BPL candidates to produce the necessary certificate from the concerned authority.
- Certificate from the authority for relaxation in minimum marks in case of teachers, Govt. employees, University employees etc.
- Attested copy of the relevant page of SSLC or equivalent exam as proof of Date of Birth
- Self-addressed stamped envelope ( 32/-) of size (30x25 cms.) to return the original certificates if not availing the facility of spot admission
- 3 self-addressed stamped ( 5/-) envelops (12 x 5 inches)
- Spot Admission fee (If taking admission through spot admission): INR 50 (Fee can be remitted along with the other fee/through the separate link provided for spot admission “SDE SPOT ADMISSION FEE (UG/PG)
|B.A. (3 Years)||English||Pass at 10+2/HSC/Equivalent from any Board of Education.|
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OEC are eligible for a concession from payment of tuition fees, only if they are not employed in Govt. /Quasi Govt. /Public Sector services
- They should apply for fee concession with relevant document in the prescribed application which will be supplied to them later
- No fee concession for OBC students. Blind candidates are also eligible for fee concession on production of Medical Certificate
- On production of caste certificate, OBC/OEC students will be given 5% or 3GPV relaxation to the mark required for admission
Admission to the distance education UG programs at Calicut University are made directly through spot-admissions on all working days.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College