Patna University PG Admission 2019
Updated On - October 10th 2018
Patna University was established in year 1917. From January 2, 1952, the University was converted into a purely teaching-cum-residential University. University has 31 postgraduate departments in the faculties of Science, Social Sciences, Humanities, Education, Commerce and Law.
Patna University provides admission to candidates in various PG courses such as Master of Arts, Master of Communication and Master of Science into various specialization.
MA and M.com Specializations are as follows:
|Master of Arts||Master of Science|
|Philosophy||A.I.H. & Archeology||Zoology|
For PG Admissions:
- Registration process starts from First week of June 2018.
- Last date of registration is Last week of June 2018.
- Basic eligibility is Graduate with Honors Degree in required subject.
- Application process is completely online.
- Application fee can be paid through Online mode or through Challan.
- Selection of candidates will be on basis of their academic performance.
Important Dates MA & M.Sc
| Last date for admission || 20th Jun - 09th Jul , 2019 |
| Last date of re-admission ||08th Aug, 2019 |
Patna University PG Admission Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking admission in PG admissions, must fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying. The set-up eligibility criteria by university are as follows:
- For MA Courses: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Honors Degree in the required subject. Candidates having equivalent degree to Bachelor’s Honors will be judged on their merit, 10% lesser than the Bachelor Degree holder.
- For M.Com.: Candidates must be Graduate with Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.) Honors Degree or in allied subjects like BBA or BBM. Candidates with degree equivalent to that of Honors Degree will be judged on 10% lesser merit.
- For M.Sc.: Candidate must be a Graduate with Bachelor Honors Degree in the subject concerned.
Read More Patna University Admission
Patna University PG Admission 2018 Application Procedure
Application process is completely online. Candidates must visit the official website to register themselves for admission. The steps of application process are as follows:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.patnauniversity.ac.in.
- Click on "Apply Online Application for PUPGAF ".
- A new window appears depicting links of ‘New Registration’ and ‘Login’.
- Candidates applying for the first time must click on New Registration link and must register themselves with basic details.
- Candidates will receive login credentials on their registered mobile number and email.
- Now, login and fill up the application form for admission.
- Upload the documents such as scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Preview the filled-in application form and finally submit it.
- Take printout of filled in application form and after enclosing it with relevant documents, send it to:
- Application form along with documents must be sent through speed post / registered post. The envelope must be marked as PGDAM 2018.
Documents must be sent along with the printout of the filled in application form. Xerox copies of documents must be attached which are as follows:
- Class 10th marksheet.
- Class 12th marksheet.
- Graduation marksheets.
- Valid ID proof such as Driving License, Passport, Aadhar card.
Candidates must pay the application fee through any one of the modes i.e. Offline or Online.
- In Online mode, payment can be made through Credit card, Debit card or Net banking.
- In Offline mode, candidates not having Net Banking facility/ Credit Card or ATM-cum Debit Card, can pay the fee in cash at any branch of Allahabad Bank through the Challan downloaded from the Admission Portal. Candidate will be able to download the duly filled up Allahabad Bank challan from the Admission Portal only when you select the "cash payment" option while filling the application form online.
Patna University PG Admission Important Dates
The registration process starts by First week of June 2018 and last till Last week of June 2018. Some of the other important dates are as follows:
|Last Date for publication of selection list||July 7, 2018|
|Documents Verification at the department||July 9-13, 2018|
|Date of Admission by payment through Online mode||July 11-16, 2018|
|Induction Meet at the respective Department||July 18-19, 2018|
|Classes Begin||July 20, 2018|
Patna University Contact Details
Candidates in doubt or any sort of query can contact the university at:
Phone No.: 0612–2678008
Enquiry Phone No.: 0612-2670531
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College