Nalanda Open University PG Admission 2019
Updated On - October 31st 2018
Nalanda Open University, Patna, is the most renowned open university in Bihar established in 1987. The university provides numerous undergraduate, postgraduate, research, diploma and certificate courses to those candidates who are unable to take up formal education and are still desirous to upgrade their educational qualifications, through distance education.
Nalanda Open University offers PG courses in more than 20 disciplines and admission is on the basis of candidate’s educational qualifications. Duration of all the PG courses is 2 years except Master of Library Science (1 year).
- Application forms can be submitted in offline mode only.
- Application form can be obtained by paying form fee of INR 350.
- Selection will depend on the marks secured by the candidate in Bachelor’s degree.
- If in case number of applicants will be large in number, university can conduct an entrance examination for that course.
Nalanda Open University PG Disciplines
The university provides master of arts, science, commerce and various other master courses in following disciplines.
- Master of Arts in Various disciplines are mentioned below:
|Hindi||History||Home Science (to be introduced)|
|Psychology||Public Administration||Rural Development|
- Master of Science in Various disciplines are mentioned below:
|Home Science (to be introduced)||Mathematics||---|
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Master of Computer Application
- Master of Library and Information Science
Important Dates MA , MCA , M.Com & M.Sc
| Registration || 05th - 20th Oct, 2019 |
Nalanda Open University PG Eligibility Criteria
Minimum eligibility criteria for admission in PG courses are mentioned below:
- For MA courses: Candidate must have a bachelor or equivalent degree in any subject from a recognized university.
- For MSc Courses: Bachelor or equivalent degree in any concerned Science Subject from a recognized university.
- For M.Com: Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce from a reputed university.
- For Master of Library and Information: Bachelor degree in Library Science Information Science from a recognized university.
- For Master of Journalism: Bachelor or equivalent degree in any subject or P.G. Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication.
- For Master of Computer Application: BCA or B.Sc. in Computer science or Bachelor degree with Mathematics as a subject + Certificate in Computing 3 Years.
Nalanda Open University PG Admission Application Procedure
The application form can only be acquired through offline mode. The form and the university’s prospectus can either be obtained by sending the demand draft of INR 400 by registered post, drawn in favor of Nalanda Open University, Payable at Patna or through Demand Draft of INR 350 from the sales counter of Nalanda Open University.
- Fill all the details in the application form which includes personal details, educational qualifications and work experience.
- Paste the photograph on the top of the application form and fill the course you have applied for.
- Signatures need to be done on the provided space.
- Attach the following documents with the application form:
- Attested certificate of matriculation for proof of age.
- Attested Photocopy of the mark sheet of the qualifying examination,
- Attested Caste certificate, issued by DM/DC/SDO or any other person authorized to issue such certificate for SC/ST/BC/OBC candidates
- All the documents and application form must reach the following address either by registered post or personally to
Nalanda Open University, 3rd Floor,
Patna 800 001, Bihar
Nalanda Open University PG Admission Selection Process
Admission is on the basis of applicant’s performance in their qualifying examinations but if the candidates will be in large number, the university can conduct a written test as a selection process in 1 or 2 PG courses.
- Selection will be on the basis of qualifying exam and marks secured by them in it.
- If candidates will be more than the required ones then all the applicants will have to appear for the Entrance Test.
- University will admit aspirants following reservation rules of the state government
Nalanda Open University Things to be kept in mind during admission process
Candidates must follow the instructions mentioned below to avoid any discrepancy before/during the admission process
- Original documents will be returned immediately after verification to the candidates and the attested photocopy of the document will be kept for record.
- Three self-addressed envelopes of size 10 x 4.5 inch each i.e. one ticket-size photograph will be affixed on the admission form at the space provided, another photograph will be pasted on the identity card and the third will be required for identity card register. All the three photographs must be attested by a competent authority. Also, the candidates are required to write their name on the reverse of the photographs.
- Selected candidates must pay the charges (required) at the time of admission.
- The payment should be done through demand draft in favor of Nalanda Open University, payable at Patna.
- 25% concession in admission/ course fee will be given to women seeking admission in any course.
- On the reverse side of the Demand Draft, participants must write their name, admission form number and the name of the course he has applied for.
- Aspirants are advised to retain photocopy of the demand draft for their personal record.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College