Teerthanker Mahaveer University (TMU) MBBS Admission 2019: Dates, Entrance Exam, Fees
Updated On - May 1st 2019
Teerthanker Mahaveer University is a UGC-approved private university, located in Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh. It was established in 2008 under Act No. 30 of 2008 of the Government of Uttar Pradesh and has been approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956.
TMU Moradabad offers admission to various UG, PG and doctoral courses in different streams such as Medical, Dental, Pharmacy, Nursing, Physiotherapy, Engineering, Architecture, Law, Journalism, Fine Arts, Language Studies, Jain Studies.
It also offers five years MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) program.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for MBBS program is class 12 with minimum 50% marks in PCB group and pass marks in English.
- Application form is available on the official website of the university i.e. www.tmu.ac.in.
- The registration fee is INR 600. It can be paid in offline mode through demand draft in favor of the ‘Teerthanker Mahaveer University’, payable at Moradabad. Check TMU Admission 2019
The selection is done on the basis of NEET score (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test).
Important Dates MBBS
| Submission of Application || 01st - 30th Nov, 2019 |
| Date of Entrance Examination ||05th May, 2020 |
Teerthanker Mahaveer University MBBS Eligibility Criteria
Students who want to apply for admission to MBBS program in Teerthanker Mahaveer University are required to fulfill the complete eligibility criteria prescribed by the university.
- Passed class 12 in PCB group (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) from a well-recognized board.
- Students need to secure at least 50% marks in class 12 to be eligible for MBBS admission.
Read More TMU Admission
Teerthanker Mahaveer University MBBS Admission 2019 Application Procedure
The registration is done in offline mode. Eligible and Interested candidates can obtain the application form from the Admission Cell of the University. All the duly filled applications should be submitted till the deadline. Applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
- Admission Brochure, along with the application form, can also be obtained through speed post/courier. A request in this regard must be made via letter to the Director of the university along with a demand draft/ pay order of INR 600 drawn in favor of the ‘Teerthanker Mahaveer University’, payable at Moradabad.
- Application form can also be downloaded from the official TMU website. Duly filled-in applications along with a demand draft/ pay order of INR 600 must be forwarded to the Director - Finance and Admissions, Teerthanker Mahaveer University, Delhi Road, Moradabad (U.P.) - 244 001.
- Duly filled application form along with all the required documents send it to the desired address before the deadline.
Steps to Apply:
- Obtain the application form any of the way mentioned above
- Fill application form with all necessary information
- Attach all the required documents
- Pay application fee either of the available mode
- Send it to the prescribed address.
Teerthanker Mahaveer University MBBS Selection Criteria
The selection is done on the basis of NEET score. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their NEET score will proceed for the next round. Candidates who will shortlist of the basis of NEET score are required to go for document verification process. Students need to bring all the required documents original along with photocopy at the prescribed center for document verification process.
List of Required Documents:
- Mark sheet of class 12
- Certificate of class 10 as a proof of date of birth
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Score Card
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a National level entrance test conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) for admission to MBBS/ BDS program.
NEET is an offline test (pen and paper based). The exam is conducted in 10 languages- English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Telugu, Kannada and Oriya.
- The paper consists of 180 objective type of questions. Four marks are awarded for every correct answer and one mark deducts for each incorrect response.
- The duration of the exam is three hours.
- There are 4 sections in exam Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. Each section carries 45 questions.
- After the declaration of NEET result qualified candidates will participate in counselling process.
- Candidates have to fill online counselling cum choice filling form. NEET Counselling will be organized by MCI to fulfill 13,000 MBBS and BDS seats.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College