The University of Madrasinvites candidates to join their M.B.A & M.C.A courses provided by the University. The M.B.A. course is divided into two categories – Regular and Self-Supportive (Evening Programme) University of Madras Department of Management Studies is one of the oldest (estb. 1955) and prestigious in the country. The department of Computer Science, which provides the M.C.A. course, has diversified the course further since it’s starting in 1987.
The Application forms can be obtained from the campus, or in online mode. A separate form is required for each course, and for Self-Supportive course. The admission is solely based on the marks obtained by the student in the TANCET examination held by the university. The forms have to be submitted within 7 days of the announcement of the TANCET result. The intake for M.B.A. is 45(regular) and 50(Self Supportive).
Check Madras University Admission 2019
Collect the prospectus form the university or download it from the official website and read it carefully before proceeding with the application form.
- Detach the Application form from the prospectus.
- A separate application form is to be submitted for each program.
- Pay the application fee of INR 354/- for offline mode through DD drawn in favor of ‘Madras University’ payable at ‘Chennai’
The application fee can also be paid online through the SBI gateway.
- Application form for MBA/MCA along with the required documents and the DD is to be sent directly to:
Registrar, University of Madras,?
Tholkapiar Valagam (Chepauk)
- Application form for Self Supportive (Evening Programme) is higher than the regular programme, it is to be sent to:
Director – ‘Evening Programme’
University of Madras, Tholkappiar
Valagam, Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005
The following copies of certificates are to be sent along with the application form:
- HSC certificate
- Consolidated Statement of Marks of the qualifying exam
- Community Certificate for BC/MBC & DNC/SC/ST
- Certificate for the Differently Abled (if applicable)
- Code of Conduct Certificate
- Provisional Degree Certificate
- Copy of TANCET Marks
Note: Students looking for admission in Madras University have to first apply for TANCET. Seven days after the declaration of TANCET results, students have to apply in the university with their valid TANCET score to secure admission in MBA & MCA courses.
MBA (Regular and Self-supportive)
- The candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree in any subject from a recognized University.
- For the Self-Supportive Programme, minimum work experience of two years is also required.
Admission to MBA is based on TANCET score.
To be eligible for TANCET, the candidate must possess a valid Bachelors degree with at least 50% (45% in case of reserved category)
Admission to M.B.A. & M.C.A. courses is based on the marks scored by the candidate in the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) Examination. For NRIs and Foreign Nationals, the admission will be based on the marks obtained in their respective Degree courses.
The test will comprise of 100 questions. Each correct answer will yield 1 mark. For every incorrect answer, 1/3 mark will be deducted.
The results will be declared on tancet.annauniv.edu
The selection process will begin after the declaration of the results.
Apart from the SC/ST, BC/MBC and National Merit scholarships, the following scholarships are also awarded to students:
- The Lions International Endowment Scholarship (C&UD)
- Rotary Club of Madras city Endowment Scholarship (C&UD)
- The Lady Willingdon Peace Endowment Scholarship (C&UD)
- Srimathi Sivakama Radhakrishnan Scholarship (C&UD)
- The Sir T. Muttuswami Ayyar Endowment Scholarship (C&UD)
- The Srimathi Padmasani Bai Endowment Scholarship (C&UD)
- The K.N. Ayyaayyar Endowment Scholarship (C&UD)
- The Gokhale Endowment Scholarship (UD&C)
- Sambuvarayar Endowment Scholarship
- Aringnar Anna Endowment Scholarship
- Maharaja Sri Ganga Singhji Endowment Scholarship
- Professor R. Selvam Endowment Scholarship
- A.M.M. Foundation Endowment Scholarship
- IBP Endowment Scholarship
- Dr. A.L. Mudaliar Silver Jubilee Endowment Scholarships
- Prof. L. Krishnasamy Endowment Scholarship
- The R.Tatachariyar Endowment Scholarship
- Lady K. Srinivasa Ayyangar Endowment Scholarship
- Shri.A. Nageswara Rao Endowment Scholarship
- Thiru.A.R. Ramaswami Endowment Scholarship
- The N.C. Vasanthakokilam Endowment Scholarship
- Baliga Family Endowment Scholarship
- Bardswell Law Endowment Scholarship
- The Sir T. Muttuswami Ayyar Memorial Endowment Scholarship
- Selvi.V. Saraswathi Memorial Endowment Scholarship
- Dasari Narayana Rao Endowment Scholarship
- Thiru.K.Gopalan Memorial Endowment Scholarship
- The V. Rama Ayyangar Endowment Scholarship
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College