Madras University invites students to join their Distance Learning Programs which are available for the Academic Session (June to May) as well as for Calendar Year Session (January to December).
University of Madras, Institute of Distance Education (UNOM IDE) offers B.A., B.Sc., B.Com, BBA, BCA at undergraduate level. At Postgraduate level, the institute offers M.Sc. and M.A programs. The Undergraduate programs are for a minimum of 3 years and Postgraduate programs for 2 years.
The University offers admission to the Undergraduate Programs to the candidates having passed 10+2. Minimum Eligibility to apply for Post Graduate Programs is having passed Graduation in relevant stream from a recognized University. Admissions to the UG and PG courses are purely merit-based. For more details, check Madras University Distance Education Admission .
|Admission Link |
- The students can collect the prospectus and application form from the Institute / Study Centers / Spot Admission Centers / Participatory Institutions / Twinning Program Centers for INR 100, or by post by sending a demand draft of INR 150 to The Director, IDE., University of Madras, or through the official website for by paying INR 200 through online payment.
- Detach the Application Form, Computer Coding Sheet, and Address Slip from the prospectus.
- The Application form must be accompanied by All the Original Certificates and the Registration Fee of Rs.100/- for UG, Rs.150/- for PG, Rs.400 for M.B.A. (Executive), and Rs. 1000 for Professional courses.
- After filling the form carefully, students have to send the form along with the original certificated mentioned below:
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution where the applicant last studied
- Statement of Marks of the Qualifying examination
- Provisional Pass Certificate / Diploma Certificate
- Authenticated translation in English duly attested by a Gazetted Officer, if certificates are in a language other than ENGLISH / TAMIL
- “Equivalence Certificate” issued by the Association of Indian Universities, for students who studied abroad
- One photograph each on Application Form, Address Slip, and reverse side of the Coding Sheet
- Students must have passed 10th Standard and Three Year Diploma Course in Music recognized by the authorities, University of Madras.
SC/ST students are eligible for reimbursement of fees and annual allowance of Rs. 500 for books. Visually impaired or otherwise physically challenged candidates can avail themselves of the State Government Scholarship for the Disabled.
Selection to various UG and PG programs will be done on first cum first serve basis with respect to the number of available seats. Students have to follow these steps to get admission.
- Apply for distance courses through any of the three modes as mentioned in the application process.
- After submission of the application form, you can collect the token from the admission desk.
- Submit the attested photocopies of marks sheet & original documents for verification. After verification originals will be returned to the student.
- Once your documents are cross-checked, a provisional admission letter will be issued.
- After obtaining the provisional letter, you have to visit any branch of Indian Overseas Bank (OBC) or Indian Bank for submission of the balance fee.
You need to download the application form, fill all the required information & submit it online. Students can also visit the spot centres located all over India for spot admissions.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College