Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Ph.D. & M. Phil Admission 2020: Eligibility, Application Form, Fees, Entrance Exam
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham invites candidates for the Ph.D. and M. Phil courses available on its various campuses. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham provides Ph.D. courses by the different schools among Amritapuri, Bengaluru, Coimbatore, and Kochi campuses.
The University supports the idea of knowledge creation and applied research hence more than 300 registered Ph.D. students complete their research at the University. The course is available as a Full-Time and Part-Time basis. The members of the faculty of any recognized institution can pursue their degree on a part-time basis. The selection is based on an entrance exam, followed by an interview. Check Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Admission 2019
M.Phil. courses are provided by the Amrita School of Arts and Sciences (ASAS), Kochi campus. The selection is based on the marks in the previous degree along with an interview. The students can apply for the doctoral programs all through the year, although the call for submission is usually made twice a year.
Application Process for Ph.D:
The call for submission of application for Ph.D. course is usually made twice a year. Candidates can apply by sending their resume to email@example.com throughout the year. The call for submission of form will be available at the University's website and candidates can also get the application form from there. To apply,
- Download and fill the application form available on the University's website
- Candidates have to send a Statement of Purpose (describing the research) along with the form.
- The candidate can mention up to three areas of interest in order of preference for the Ph.D. program.
- The following certificates are to be sent along with the form:
- SSLC/Equivalent certificate.
- 10+2 certificate.
- Degree/Provisional certificate.
- Statement of marks for all the Semester/Years.
- Certificate/Mark sheet of additional examinations (GRE/UGC- JRF/Lectureship/etc.).
- Transfer Certificate and Conduct Certificate from the previous institution.
- Certificate of Physical Fitness from a Registered Medical Practitioner not below the rank of Asst. Civil Surgeon.
- One page write-up about the proposed area of research
Application Process for M.Phil:
- Application forms can be collected from the campus office for INR 500 or downloaded from the campus website.
- A demand draft of INR 500 in favor of "AMRITA VISHWAVIDYAPEETHAM" is to be sent along with the application form, in case the application form is downloaded from the website.
- A copy of following certificates is to be sent along with the application form:
- S.S.L.C. or equivalent
- H.S.E. or equivalent
- Master's Degree marksheet for all semesters/years.
- Conduct certificate
- Transfer certificate
- Provisional certificate (if available)
?Note: If the result of the candidate’s final exams is pending, he/she can enclose the copies of all previous marksheet/grade sheets. However, the candidate must submit the result of the final exams to the Admissions Office as soon as possible along with a cover letter stating the name, course applied for, and application form number of the candidate.
All the copies of certificates/documents should be self-attested by the candidate. The original certificates must be presented by the candidate at the time of the interview.
Check:Amrita University Course & Fees Structure
|Ph.D(3-6 Years)||Biotechnology||Master's Degreein Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or any Biological Sciences branch with at least 60% marks.|
Selection Procedure for Ph.D:
- The chairman, PGP would screen all the applications and selected candidates will be called for an Entrance Test, followed by an Interview.
- The selected candidates who have qualified for GATEcan skip the entrance exam and appear straight for the interview.
- The candidates will then be selected on the basis of their marks in the exam, interview, and their previous academic record.
Note: The selection committee may request additional evidence of letters of recommendation, publication of work.
- Viveshwaraya Full Time Scholarship: INR 31,500 per month for first two years and INR 35,000/- per month for next three years.
- For those who do not reside in campus, HRA is also available.
- Viveshwaraya Part Time Scholarship: INR 2.5 Lakhs on successful completion of the PhD degree.
Fellowship: It includes a tuition waiver and a INR 15,000 per month stipend.
Selection Process for M.Phil:
- The application forms of the eligible candidates will be screened, and candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their academic record in their Master's Degree.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview taken by the chairman, PGP and the selection committee.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their interview and their marks in their Master's Degree.
Note: Mobile phones are strictly prohibited in the college campus and the hostel. The students can deposit their registered mobile (by giving registration fee) in the office and can collect the same when going home.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College