Vellore Institute of Technology Masters Entrance Examination (VITMEE) is conducted by University for admission to M. Tech, M.Sc. and MCA programs offered at Eight Constituent Schools of the University. The application form can be obtained from online mode, i.e. by visiting the official website of the VIT University while the offline application forms can be availed from select post offices across several states. Check the list of VIT schools given below:
- School of Computing Science & Engineering (SCOPE)
- School of Bio Science & Technology (SBST)
- School of Civil & Chemical Engineering (SCALE)
- School of Mechanical Engineering (SMEC)
- School of Electrical Engineering (SELECT)
- School of Electronics Engineering (SENSE)
- School of Advanced Sciences (SAS)
- School of Information Technology & Engineering (SITE)
- School of Social science & Languages (SSL)
Check VIT Admission 2020
VITMEE is the computer-based PG entrance test. This test is conducted by the university to check the aptitude & computer awareness of the students. The exam will be of 2 hours duration which includes 110 questions of maximum 100 marks. The test will be available to the students in English medium only. There is no negative marking for wrong answers in the test.
For M. Tech. program's preference will be given to GATE qualified students.
How to Apply?
- Students can fill the application form in online mode through the official website of VIT University by paying the application fees through net banking/credit card or debit card.
- The candidate must register for VITMEE.
- To register, the candidate must create his/her login credentials.
- Fill the application with care.
- Students must have their scanned photograph & signature ready to upload.
- Students are required to download the duly filled application form & should store it for future reference (no need to send the form by post)
|M.Sc. ||INR. 600/-|
- To apply for VITMEE 2020 students must be a citizen of India.
- Students must be 20 years old at the time of application.
Application Criteria for Industry Sponsored Candidates:
- Few seats for the M.Tech degree course are reserved for students sponsored by research organizations & industries.
- These sponsored students have to submit their application by following the proper application process.
- As part of the application process students have to send the sponsorship letter (issued by the organization/industry) along with downloaded application form to the University address.
Slot Booking Procedure:
VIT Master’s Entrance Exam (VITMEE-2020) is the online entrance exam. Slot booking is the web-based option where students can book their exam slot (time & date) with respect to their availability for the test. You should follow these steps to book the exam slot:
- As soon as you will submit the application form, an e.mail with website link & login credentials will be sent to your ID (whatever you have provided at the time of application)
- Link for slot booking will be active during the last week of May 2020.
- Slot booking will be performed on a first cum first serve basis, students are advised to login & choose their exam slot on a priority basis.
- A slot once booked can not be altered. In case the chosen slot is filled, you have to select another slot.
- Once the slot will be booked, a confirmation mail will be sent to your ID.
Students looking for admission should be an Indian citizen & should have obtained the degree from the university located in India. NRI/PIO & foreign applicant need to contact to the forum for international admission of VIT University.
Eligibility Prerequisites (Applicable to M.Tech & MCA courses):
- Students must have obtained the full time graduate degree with aggregate of 60% from a recognized university.
- Student must have passed his/her Xth & XIIth in a single attempt.
- Aspirants going to appear for their final degree exam in the current year are also eligible to apply provided they have completed their final degree examination prior to the selection proceedings of VIT University. Such students have to produce the provisional statement of marks.
Check the following details regarding the selection process of M.Tech/MCA and M.Sc. courses.
Vellore - 632 014
Fax: 91-416-2243092, 91-416-2240411
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College