Vellore Institute of Technology Masters Entrance Examination (VITMEE) is conducted by University for admission to M. Tech, M.Sc. and MCA programs offered at Eight Constituent Schools of the University. The application form can be obtained from online mode, i.e. by visiting the official website of the VIT University while the offline application forms can be availed from select post offices across several states. Check the list of VIT schools given below:
- School of Computing Science & Engineering (SCOPE)
- School of Bio Science & Technology (SBST)
- School of Civil & Chemical Engineering (SCALE)
- School of Mechanical Engineering (SMEC)
- School of Electrical Engineering (SELECT)
- School of Electronics Engineering (SENSE)
- School of Advanced Sciences (SAS)
- School of Information Technology & Engineering (SITE)
- School of Social science & Languages (SSL)
Check VIT Admission 2020
VITMEE is the computer-based PG entrance test. This test is conducted by the university to check the aptitude & computer awareness of the students. The exam will be of 2 hours duration which includes 110 questions of maximum 100 marks. The test will be available to the students in English medium only. There is no negative marking for wrong answers in the test.
For M. Tech. program's preference will be given to GATE qualified students.
Important Dates ME/M.Tech , M.Sc & MCA
ME/M.Tech & MCA
| Last date of submission of Application ||22nd May, 2020 |
| Last date of payment of fees || 03rd - 05th Jul, 2020 |
| Commencement of Classes ||22nd Jul, 2020 |
| VITMEE || 01st - 02nd Jun, 2020 |
Students looking for admission should be an Indian citizen & should have obtained the degree from the university located in India. NRI/PIO & foreign applicant need to contact to the forum for international admission of VIT University.
Eligibility Prerequisites (Applicable to M.Tech & MCA courses):
Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Automotive Engineering)
- Students must have obtained the full time graduate degree with aggregate of 60% from a recognized university.
- Student must have passed his/her Xth & XIIth in a single attempt.
- Aspirants going to appear for their final degree exam in the current year are also eligible to apply provided they have completed their final degree examination prior to the selection proceedings of VIT University. Such students have to produce the provisional statement of marks.
B.E/B.Tech.in Mechanical/Automobile/Production/Manufacturing Engineering/Mechatronics Master of Technology [M.Tech] (CAD/ CAM)
Note: This programme has been run in collaboration with Automotive research association of India (ARAI) Pune.
B.E/B. Tech. in Mechanical/Automobile or Production Engineering Master of Technology [M.Tech.] (Mechatronics)
B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical/ Automobile/Manufacturing/Production/Electrical & Electronics/Electronics & Communication/Electronics & Instrumentation/Instrumentation & Control/Computer Science/Information Technology/Mechatronics Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Structural Engineering)
B.E/B. Tech in Civil Engineering / Civil & Structural Engineering Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Nanotechnology)
Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Sensor System Technology)
- Students must have passed B.E/B. Tech in ECE / EEE / E&I
- Or M.Sc. Physics with Specialization in Electronics / Material Science / Solid State Physics /Nanotechnology
- Or B. Tech in Nanotechnology is also applicable
Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Power Electronics and Drives)
- B.E/B. Tech in EEE / ECE / E&I / CSE / Instrumentation & Control
- Or M.Sc. Physics with Electronics / Electronics or any equivalent degree.
Students must have passed B.E/B. Tech. in Electrical / Electronics / EEE / ECE / E&I Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Computer Science and Engineering)
B.E/B. Tech in any branch or M.S / M.Sc. in Computer Science/IT/Software Engineering or MCA Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Biotechnology)
Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Biomedical Engineering)
- B.E/B. Tech in Chemical/Leather Technology/Biotechnology/Industrial Biotechnology/Bio-chemical/Bio-Medical/Bio-Informatics
- Students with Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy are also eligible.
- M.Sc. Degree in Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Microbiology/Bio-Physics/Biology/Botany/Zoology/Genetics
- MBBS or M.Sc.(Ag) or Master of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc).
Master of Technology [M.Tech.] (Embedded Systems)
- B.E/B. Tech in Bio-Medical Engg/Bio-Medical Instrumentation/Medical Electronics/ECE/EIE/Biotechnology/Bio-Informatics
- M.Sc. in Biophysics/ Electronics/Physics/Bio-Medical Sciences/ Bio-medical Instrumentation/Bioinformatics
- MBBS/Degree in Physiotherapy/Occupational therapy of 4 years duration
Students with B.E/B. Tech in ECE/ EEE/ Mechatronics or EIE are eligible to apply. Master of Technology [M.Tech] (Control & Automation)
Students who have passed B. Tech. in EEE/(ECE)/E&I) are eligible to apply. MCA
Students must have passed B. Sc. (IT/Computer science)/BCA of minimum three year duration with Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 or graduate level with 60% marks. Master of Science [M.Sc] (Applied Microbiology) , Master of Science [M.Sc] (Biomedical Genetics) & Master of Science [M.Sc] (Biotechnology)
Master of Science [M.Sc] (Inorganic Chemistry) & Master of Science [M.Sc] (Organic Chemistry)
- Students must have passed B. Sc. degree in any branch of Biological science which must include Botany/Zoology/ Biochemistry/Biotechnology/ Nutrition/ Home Science/ Agricultural Science or Medicine as a compulsory subject.
- Must have scored a minimum of 50% marks (inclusive of all subjects)
Students must have passed B. Sc. degree in Chemistry/Applied Chemistry/Applied science along with Physics/Chemistry/ Mathematics as supportive subjects with a minimum of 50% marks. Master of Science [M.Sc] (Physics)
Students must have passed B. Sc. degree in Applied science/Electronics/Physics with a minimum of 50% marks.
How to Apply? ME/M.Tech & MCA
- Students can fill the application form in online mode through the official website of VIT University by paying the application fees through net banking/credit card or debit card.
- The candidate must register for VITMEE.
- To register, the candidate must create his/her login credentials.
- Fill the application with care.
- Students must have their scanned photograph & signature ready to upload.
- Students are required to download the duly filled application form & should store it for future reference (no need to send the form by post)
|M.Sc. ||INR. 600/-|
- To apply for VITMEE 2020 students must be a citizen of India.
- Students must be 20 years old at the time of application.
Application Criteria for Industry Sponsored Candidates:
- Few seats for the M.Tech degree course are reserved for students sponsored by research organizations & industries.
- These sponsored students have to submit their application by following the proper application process.
- As part of the application process students have to send the sponsorship letter (issued by the organization/industry) along with downloaded application form to the University address.
Slot Booking Procedure:
VIT Master’s Entrance Exam (VITMEE-2020) is the online entrance exam. Slot booking is the web-based option where students can book their exam slot (time & date) with respect to their availability for the test. You should follow these steps to book the exam slot:
- As soon as you will submit the application form, an e.mail with website link & login credentials will be sent to your ID (whatever you have provided at the time of application)
- Link for slot booking will be active during the last week of May 2020.
- Slot booking will be performed on a first cum first serve basis, students are advised to login & choose their exam slot on a priority basis.
- A slot once booked can not be altered. In case the chosen slot is filled, you have to select another slot.
- Once the slot will be booked, a confirmation mail will be sent to your ID.
Check the following details regarding the selection process of M.Tech/MCA and M.Sc. courses. ME/M.Tech & MCA
- Selection will be performed on the basis of the score obtained in VITMEE 2020.
- Shortlisted students will be called for Interview.
- Selected students have to pay INR. 11,800/- as part of the counselling fee. It will be adjusted in tuition fees after confirmation of seats.
Note: For M. Tech. program's preference will be given to GATE qualified students.
Documents required at the time of Counselling:
Counselling will be held at both Vellore, Chennai campus of VIT University. Students have to produce the Admit card at the time of the interview.
- Mark sheet of class X and XII.
- Mark sheets of all semesters of the qualifying exam.
- Provisional certificate of Qualifying degree Genuine GATE score card (if applicable)
- Physical Fitness Certificate
- Transfer certificate
- No Objection certificate (if employed)
- Community certificate (if required)
- Admission Letter
- Four recent passport size photographs
Selected candidates must pay a deposit of INR. 11,800/- at the time of counseling through a computerized DD. M.Sc
- Students will be called for counseling with respect to marks obtained in graduation.
- Marks till the fourth semester or second year (whatever applicable) will be taken under consideration for merit preparation.
- The candidates must bring INR. 12,000/- as Demand Draft in favor of “Vellore Institute of Technology” out of which INR. 6000/- will serve as counseling fee and the rest will serve as an Advance.
The candidates must produce the following original documents at the time of admission:
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Provisional Admission Letter
- Four Passport size Photographs
- Physical Fitness Certificate
Vellore - 632 014
Fax: 91-416-2243092, 91-416-2240411
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College