Anna University is a technical university in Tamil Nadu, India. It was accredited with a five-star status by the UGC in 2012. The main university campus is located in Guindy, Chennai. Anna University offers 31 undergraduate, 64 post-graduate and 3 research courses in various disciplines.
Anna University conducts the Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) exam for the admissions to the PG programmes including M.E/M. Tech. in the various colleges of Tamil Nadu. The entrance test is usually conducted in June every year. The application process is conducted online as well as offline.
Candidates who have cleared the GATE exam in the same year will be exempted from appearing in the TANCET exam.
Merit list for admission will be prepared based on the marks obtained and rank secured in the TANCET exam or the GATE score.
To apply for admission in M.Tech. programmme at Anna University, the candidates must register for the TANCET exam.
|GENERAL CATEGORY||INR 500/-|
MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY (M.TECH.)
Anna University offers 2 year (4 semesters) M. Tech. programme in the following disciplines:
|Geo-informatics||Urban Engineering||Structural Engineering||Construction Engineering and Management||Hydrology and Water Resources Engineering|
|Irrigation Water Management||Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering||Environmental Engineering||Environmental Management||Integrated Water Resources Management|
|Internal Combustion Engineering||Refrigeration and Air Conditioning||Engineering Design||Computer Aided Design (CAD)||Product Design and Development (PDD)|
|Energy Engineering||Manufacturing Systems Management||Mechatronics||Printing Technology||Computer Integrated Manufacturing|
|M.E Manufacturing Engineering||Industrial Engineering||Quality Engineering & Management||Power Systems Engineering||High Voltage Engineering|
|Control and Instrumentation Engineering||Power Electronics and Drives||Electrical Drives and Embedded control||Embedded System Technologies||Applied Electronics|
|Communication Systems||VLSI Design||Medical Electronics||Computer Science and Engineering||Software Engineering|
|Multimedia Technology||Systems Engineering and Operations Research||Communication & Networking||Avionics|
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA (M. TECH.)
The entrance test will comprise of three parts and it will be conducted offline.
The test will comprise of 100 MCQs. The duration of the test will be 2 hours.
For every incorrect answer, 1/3rd marks will be deducted. 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
The syllabus for the entrance test will be made available on the official website.
Selection is done on the basis of any one of the following:
The University will prepare a merit list based on the marks secured by the candidate in the entrance exam.
Candidates will be called for counseling based on their rank in the merit list.
The result for TANCET 2020 will be declared on 5th July 2020. (Tentative)
1. Chennai Examination Centre, Anna University, Chennai
2. Chidambaram Annamalai University
3. Coimbatore Government College of Technology
4. Dindigul University College of Engineering, Dindigul
5. Erode Institute of Road and Transport Technology
6. Karaikudi Alagappa College of Engineering & Technology
7. Madurai Anna University Regional Centre - Madurai
8. Nagercoil University College of Engineering, Nagercoil
9. Salem Government College of Engineering
10. Thanjavur Kunthavai Naacchiyaar Govt. Arts College for Women
11. Tirunelveli Government College of Engineering
12. Tiruchirappalli Anna University Regional Centre - Tiruchirappalli
13. Vellore Thanthai Periyar Government Institute of Technology
14. Villupuram University College of Engineering, Villupuram
15. Virudhunagar Kamaraj College of Engineering and Technology
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College