Jain University, Banglore offers admission to Ph.D programme under 4 faculties. Admission will be based on Pre Ph.D. Entrance examination conducted by the university. Qualified UGC / CSIR and Fellowship holders will be exempted from the examination.
Masters degree holder in relevant subject will be eligible for admission in Ph.D.
Application form can be downloaded from the official website of Jain University (https://www.jainuniversity.ac.in). Application fee should be paid through Net Banking/DebitCredit Card.
Faculties under Ph.D
|Faculty of Science||Faculty of Engineering and Technology|
|Faculty of Humanities, Social Science and Language||Faculty of Commerce and Management|
Check Course and Fee Structure
| M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts,|
M.Phil/Ph.D in Science,
M.Phil/Ph.D in Commerce,
M.Phil/Ph.D in Management,
M.Phil/Ph.D in Mass Communication,
M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering
|Admission Link |
- Master’s Degree (from a recognized university) in the relevant subject with a minimum of 55% (In the case of SC / ST candidates there will be a relaxation of 5%).
- Selection will be through an Entrance Test and Interview.
- Passed UGC / CSIR / Fellowship holders shall be exempted from the Written Test; but they will need to take up the Interview.
- Candidates who are qualified for CA or ACS or ICWA with basic degree are also eligible to register for Ph.D. in this category.
- Candidates who have qualified for Masters Degree prior to 1990-91 with no less than 50% marks are also eligible to register for Ph.D. program.
- M.Phil. degree holders will get a waiver for part of the course work of Ph.D. program.
- Masters Degree viz., M.Tech / M.Sc (Engineering) in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace or Aeronautical Engineering (Structural or Associated disciplines) are eligible for the Ph.D. (Aerospace Engineering) Program.
- Admission will be based on the entrance examination taken by the university.
- Qualified candidates of CSIR/UGC will be exempted from the examination.
- Provisional merit list will be uploaded by the university according to the performance in entrance exam.
- Selected candidates will be called for interview.
- Final merit list will be based on entrance examination and interview.
How to apply?
Application form can be filled online through the official website of the university
- Visit: https://www.jainuniversity.ac.in
- Enter personal information
- Type valid phone number and email id
- Enter academic details
- Scan and upload photograph and signature
- Upload required documents
- Pay examination fee of INR 1000/- through Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card
- Take a print out of submitted application form for future reference
- 10th Marks card
- 12th Marksheet
- Address proof
- Date of birth proof
Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC other categories is as per Government of India guidelines.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College