Mode of Application
START DATE - END DATE
01st Jun, 2018 - 25th Jun, 2018
North Maharashtra University (NMU) established in 1990 is located in Jalgaon, Maharashtra. It has been awarded 'A' Grade by NAAC. There are 220 affiliated colleges and 4 University recognized Research Institutes/Centres under the jurisdiction of University. Out of these, 1 college is recognized as College of Excellence, 5 colleges have been identified as College with Potential for Excellence.
The University has been awarded 1st position in Maharashtra State and 40th position among 620 universities in India by the India Today survey of 2013. The University has successfully adopted the ‘School Concept’ with academic flexibility for the optimal use of infrastructure and resources. There are 13 Schools and 01 Institute imparting education in various undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. Programmes.
The University offers MA Programme in various disciplines from School of Languages, School of Social Sciences and School of Humanities. The M.Sc. Programme is also offered under various specializations from the School of Environmental and Earth Sciences, School of Life Sciences, School of Chemical Sciences, School of Physical Sciences, School of Computer Sciences and the School of Mathematical Science. Both the programmes are for a duration of two years.
NMU invites applications for admission to the M.Sc. and MA programmes for the academic year 2017-18. The applications are available online. The admission to all programmes is based on the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria, except for MA Mass Communication and Journalism which is based on an Entrance Test to be held on July 10, 2017 (tentative).
01st Jun, 2018 - 25th Jun, 2018
|Availability of Online Application form||10th Jun, 2018|
|Last date for filling application form||25th Jun, 2018|
|Display of Provisional Merit list||06th Jul, 2018|
|Display of final merit list||09th Jul, 2018|
You should have a graduation degree in the respective subject and should have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA at graduation for general category and 45% marks for backward classes i.e., SC / ST / DT / NT / OBC / SBC category from Maharashtra state.MA
You should have a Bachelor’s degree in any field with at least 40% marks.
You can access the Application Form online on the University website. You should submit separate applications for each course you wish to apply for.
Fill up the online Application form. Take a print out of the filled in Application Form and paste your recent passport size photograph in the space provided.
Application Fee: You should pay the fee of Rs. 300 through a Demand Draft in favour of “The Finance and Accounts Officer, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon” which may be drawn on any nationalized or scheduled banks.
Enclosures: You should submit true copies of the following documents along with the Application Form:
You should submit the Application Form along with the required documents by superscribing it as “M.Sc. Admission Form in ….. (Subject)” or “MA Admission Form in ….. (Subject) to the Director of the concerned school.
Note: If you wish to get admission to “M.Sc. Chemistry” with any specialisation, mention only “M.Sc. Chemistry on the form and not the respective specialisation.Master of Arts [M.A.] (Journalism & Mass Communication)
You should download the Application Form online from the website under the “Admission” portal.
Application Fee: You should pay the fee of Rs. 400 for general category and Rs. 300 for reserved category, through a Demand Draft in favour of “The Finance and Accounts Officer, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon” which may be drawn on any nationalized or scheduled banks.
Fill the Application form with the required details.
Send the duly signed Application Form with the required enclosures to the following address:
Department of Mass Communication & Journalism, School of Social Science Building, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon
You will be selected on the basis of fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.Master of Arts [M.A.] (Journalism & Mass Communication)
You will be selected on the basis of an Entrance Test of a total of 100 marks. The test will consist of an Objective Exam of 40 marks, and an Essay writing and short note exam of another 30 marks. This will be followed by a Group Discussion and Interview worth 20 marks. The remaining 10 marks will be allotted on the basis of Experience of media industry.
|Scheduled Casts and Nav-Bouddha (SC)||13.0|
|Schedule Tribes (S.T.)||7.0|
|Vimukta Jati (V.J.) and De notified Tribes (D.T.)||3.0|
|Nomadic Tribes (N.T.-1)||2.5|
|Nomadic Tribes (N.T.-2)||3.5|
|Nomadic Tribes (N.T.-3)||2.0|
|Other Backward Classes (O.B.C.)||19|
Note: 90% of the total seats will be filled by candidates graduating from North Maharashtra University, and the rest 10% by candidates graduating from other universities.