Sri Siddhartha University M.Tech and MCA Admission 2020: Courses, Application, Entrance Exam
Sri Siddhartha University offers M.Tech and MCA programs at Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology. There are 126 seats available for the two-year-long M.Tech program and 60 seats for a three-year-long MCA program.
Admission to these courses is done through PGCET. PGCET is a Post Graduate Common Entrance Test. It is held for admissions to 1st Year/ 1st Semester MBA/ M.C.A/ M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch Courses/ M.Tech QIP and 2nd Year Lateral Entry to MCA Course.
Candidates with a valid B.Voc. degree are also eligible to apply for MCA (Lateral Entry) subject to approval from a competent authority.
Check Sri Siddhartha University Admission 2020
The following Engineering courses are offered by Sri Siddhartha Academy for Higher Education:
- M.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Tech. in Digital Electronics
- M.Tech. in VLSI and Embedded System
- M.Tech. in Thermal Power Engineering
- M.Tech. in Production Design and Manufacturing
- M.Tech. in Computer Application in Industrial Drives
- M.Tech in Computer-Aided Design of structures
- Master of Computer Application
Important Dates ME/M.Tech & MCA
| Registration || 30th May - 13th Jun , 2020 |
| Admit Card ||11th Jul, 2020 |
| Date of Entrance Examination ||21st Jul, 2020 |
Eligibility Criteria ME/M.Tech
The candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- B.E or B.Tech Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination from a recognized University.
- S/he should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50%(45% for SC/ST candidates) marks.
- Candidates with a valid GATE score are also eligible to apply.
To be eligible for admission to MCA, the candidates must possess the below-mentioned qualifications:
- Must have passed the UG examination or equivalent with Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Computer Applications/Computer Programming or Business Mathematics/Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects.
- Must have obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects,
- There is a requirement of 45% of the aggregate marks in case of SC/ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for MCA(Lateral Entry)
- For lateral entry to the MCA program, the candidate must have passed with a Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration.
- Must have cleared the examination in BCA, B.Sc (I.T. / Computer Science)
- The candidate must have studied Mathematics at 10 + 2 level or at Graduate Level and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects.
- SC/ST and Category-I of Karnataka candidates must have obtained a minimum of 45% of marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates with a valid B.Voc. degree are also eligible to apply for MCA (Lateral Entry) subject to approval from a competent authority.
How to Apply? ME/M.Tech & MCA
M.Tech/MCA aspirants must appear for PGCET conducted by the Karnataka Examination Authority.
To apply for the same, the candidates must follow the given steps:
- Register online via the form that is available on the official website ofKEA.
- Enter all the mandatory details in the PGCET registration form.
- Login using the id and password to access the application forms.
- Upload a recent passport-sized photograph in the JPEG format.
- Download the form and take a print of the challan that has three parts to it.
- Candidates must pay an amount of INR. 650/- (INR. 500/- for SC/ST category students) for each course applied for.
- The candidates must pay the requisite amount in any of the branches of the specified banks.
- The bank will retain its own copy and return the rest two copies to the candidate.
The candidates must download the Hall Ticket from their PGCET accounts.
Selection Process ME/M.Tech & MCA
The selection of the candidates depends on the rank and merit that they score in the Post Graduate Common Entrance Test that is conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority.
- The question paper will be in four different versions.
- Each question will have four different options.
- The exam will be of 100 marks with 150 minutes duration.
The test will constitute a total of 80 Questions
|Part - A||60 Questions||1 Mark|
|Part - B||20 Questions||2 Marks|
- Total Number of Questions: 75 Multiple Choice Questions
- Total Marks: 100
|50 Questions||1 Mark each (50 X 1 = 50)|
|25 Questions||2 Mark each (25 X 2 = 50)|
The candidates with valid GATE scores need not appear for the Post Graduate Common Entrance Test, i.e. the PGCET.
After the entrance exam, a merit list will be released in order of the ranking secured by the candidate. The following documents must be produced by the candidates during the Verification Process:
- Printout of the Online Application Form
- Fee slip
- PGCET Admission Ticket
- SSLC/10th Standard/Equivalent Examination Marks Sheet
- 2nd PUC/12th Standard/Equivalent Examination Marks Sheet
- Qualifying Degree
- Degree Certificate/Provisional Degree Certificate.
Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education
Agalakote, B.H. Road,
Tumkur - 572 107
Karnataka – India
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College