The University of Mysore provides both under-graduate and post-graduate courses in various fields of arts, commerce, science, technology, etc.
B.A. LL.B is a Five-year integrated course in the field of Law and B.P.Ed is a two-year post-graduate program in the Field of Education. Admission in these programs is given on the basis of the qualifying examination and even entrance test for B.A LLB.
Check University of Mysore Admission
Candidates who satisfy the eligibility can register themselves through filling the application form, make the registration payment as asked by the university.
The courses offered by the university are:
- B.A. LL.B (Five-year Integrated Law Programme)
- B.P. Ed ( Post-graduation in Education field)
The application forms can be accessed online through the university’s official website. The candidates must pay the registration fee of INR. 300/- through Debit/Credit card and Net banking.
For B.A. LL.B admission will be on the basis of the marks secured in the 10+2 qualifying exams and the entrance examination. For the B.P.Ed. course admission will be granted on the basis of merit.
Law aspirants must possess the following qualifications to be considered eligible for admission to B.A. LL.B program at Mysore University:
- Passed the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) system or an equivalent examination.
- Secured a minimum of 45% marks (42% OBC and 40% for SC/ST categories) in the qualifying exams.
- If a candidate has obtained 44.5 % or 39.5 % or 41.5% it shall be rounded off to 45%. or 40% or 42% respectively.
- The upper age limit is of 20 years. A relaxation of 2 years is provided to SC/ST candidates.
- Restriction on age shall not be applicable to foreign nationals.
- The intake for the course shall be 60 (sixty) in each section and 10 seats for foreign nationals in each section.
- Admission will be granted through Entrance Test.
Admission will be on the basis of the marks secured in the 10+2 qualifying exams and the entrance examination.
The entrance exam will be conducted by the department. The selection of the candidates will be done as per the marks scored.
How To Apply
The application process is available online as well as offline.
To apply online the candidates must be prepared with a scanned photograph and signature. To register online, the forms are available on the university’s official website.
- The candidates must register and create their login credentials.
- Followed by a single form, which is to be filled for all courses.
- The first part of the form comprises of general details.
- The next part of the form will constitute academic qualifications.
- Followed by the upload of the scanned photograph and signature.
- Mention the discipline/department/centers/institution/college.
- Pay the registration fee via the online portals available.
Application Fee: INR. 300/-
Mode of Transaction: Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
- The amount for different courses shall be paid separately.
- Now, the candidates should attach all the relevant documents to the application to substantiate the claim made in the application.
- Submit the form.
For the offline mode, the forms can be downloaded from the institute’s website and submitted in person or through the post.
- Those who fulfill the eligibility criteria may apply by obtaining the application form from the School of Law or download it from the university’s website.
- After filling in the details, the candidates must send the application to the Director, School of Law, Opp. to Planning & Architecture Building Manasagangotri, Campus Mysore-570006 (for law) along with the attested copies of PUC Marks Card and Caste certificate.
- Marksheets and certificates of P.U.C/10+2 and graduation
- Certificate of sports and games issued by the Director of Physical Education, University of Mysore, Mysore.
- Certificates of Literary or Cultural activities (if any).
- Certificate issues by NCC Directorate or NSS Programme coordinator of the University of Mysore.
- Certificate of Employer/Competent Authority for In-service person
- Certificate from Zilla Sainik Board/Competent Authority for Ex-Service person (for candidates under Defence quota).
- Caste Certificate for minority category students.
- Certificate issued by a Doctor of the rank of Professor in a Government Medical College/Hospital. (for candidates under Physically-Challenged Quota).
- Candidates who wish to take the admission under children of Teaching and Non-Teaching Employees Quota of the University of Mysore should generate a certificate issued by the Registrar, University of Mysore, Mysore.
- Income Certificate.
- Certificate from MHRD, New Delhi for Kashmiri Migrants and Parsi Students.
- Four stamp-sized Photographs.
The original certificates of all the above-mentioned documents should be submitted at the time of admission.
Notes: The University of Mysore has separate hostels for men and women. It also has separate cells for minority students and other student clubs.
Reservations of seats are done as per the regulations of Government of India.
UNIVERSITY OF MYSORE,
VISHWAVIDYANILAYA KARYA SOUDHA,
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College