Established in 2012, Tamil Nadu Fisheries University, Chennai(TNFU) is a State-funded Fisheries University imparting professional education, research and training to enhance fish production and utilization by following the State Agricultural University (SAU) pattern and syllabi. With head quarters at Nagapattinam, the university has 3 constituent institutes which offer various undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes to its students.
TNFU offers the following senior-level programmes every year:
Candidates seeking admission to the PG and research programmes must possess graduation degree in the relavant field of specialization. Admission to these programmes will be done on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the university entrance examination in addition to their performance in qualifying degree examination. Check TNFU Admission 2020
Those who wish to apply can register themselves through the online registration available at the official university website. Upon submitting completed applications along with the required processing fee, the applicants can appear for the university entrance examination.
M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
How to Apply:
Candidates can download the prospectus and hall ticket from the official university website.
The following section contains detailed information for various courses offered by TNFU.
The rules of reservation shall be followed as prescribed by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Rules are applicable only when there are 4 or more seats in each discipline. If the number of seats is less than 4, selection will be based on merit alone.
75% of the total seats are reserved for the candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu. The remaining 25% will be filled by candidates from other states through ICAR.
If there are any unfilled seats in State quota, the same will be filled with candidates from other states who have appeared for the Entrance Examination conducted by the University.
This section contains detailed information regarding selection process for different courses offered by TNFU.
Hostel for the students is available in the Fisheries College and Research Institute, Thoothukudi and the messes are run on a dividing system.
For M.F.Sc. students only
For Ph.D. Students only
TNFU Merit Scholarship
Students who do not avail any of the above scholarships are eligible to avail the following TNFU merit scholarship:
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College