Established by the government of Tamil nadu in 1989, Tamil Nadu Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (TANUVAS) was the first veterinary and animal sciences university to be established in Asia. Realizing the importance of education research in animal and fisheries sciences, the university thrives to increase its productivity towards better income generation for the resource poor farmer by offering undergraduate, post graduate as well as doctoral programmes to its students.
TANUVAS has 6 constituent colleges which offer the following Masters and Doctoral programmes every year:
Only candidates with the relevant qualifying degree can register for admission to the postgraduate and research programmes through online application process available at the official university website. Selection of candidates for these programmes will be done on the basis of qualifying degree examination as well as Common Entrance Examination (CEE), which will be conducted by the university. Check TANUVAS Admission
Upon submitting completed applications along with the prescribed application fee and supporting documents), the applicants can appear for Common Entrance Examination (CEE).
Ph.D in Veterinary Science,
M.Phil/Ph.D in Agriculture,
M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering
Candidate can download the prospectus along with the application form, available on the official university website
Candidates are requested to fill-in all the relevant details in the application form and affix their recent passport size photograph in both, the application form as well as hall ticket
A registration fee of INR 1000 (INR 500 for SC/ST candidates) should also be sent along with completed applications. The fee should be sent in the form of Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of “Finance Officer, TANUVAS, Chennai-51”, payable at Chennai
Completed applications, along with the supporting documents and registration fee should be delivered to the following address:
Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Madhavaram Milk Colony, Chennai-600 051
The following section contains detailed information about eligibility for different programmes offered by TANUVAS.
75% of the total seats are reserved for the natives of Tamil Nadu. The remaining 25% filled by candidates from other states who are admitted through Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
If case of unfilled seats in state quota, the same will be filled with candidates from other states who have appeared for the CEE.
The following section contains detailed selection process for different programmes offered by TANUVAS.
Hostels are available for the students in every campus and the messes are run on a dividend system.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College