Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) Ph.D. Admissions 2019: Eligibility, Time Table, Result
Updated On - July 16th 2019
Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) offers a PhD with a minimum of 3 years and a maximum of 6 years duration.
Aspirants must have an aggregate of 55% marks in Master’s degree (5% relaxation for reserved/PwD). Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of PET examination score for Ph.D. admissions.
The duration of the PET online application form will commence from 25 May 2020 - 15 June 2020 (tentative). The payment process is via online mode or net banking.
The candidate is exempted from the entrance exam if qualified in UGC-NET or M.Phil degree holders from SPPU.
Read about SPPU Courses & Fee
Important Dates M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts , M.Phil/Ph.D in Science , M.Phil/Ph.D in Mass Communication , M.Phil/Ph.D in Commerce & M.Phil/Ph.D in Education
M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts , M.Phil/Ph.D in Science , M.Phil/Ph.D in Mass Communication , M.Phil/Ph.D in Commerce & M.Phil/Ph.D in Education
| Commencement of PET online application form ||25th May, 2020 |
| Deadline of PET online application form ||15th Jun, 2020 |
| Date of Entrance Examination ||07th Jul, 2020 |
| Announcement of Results ||07th Jul, 2020 |
Eligibility Criteria Ph.D. (Atmospheric Sciences) , Ph.D. (Biotechnology) & Ph.D. (Botany)
- Aggregate of 55% marks in the Master’s/professional degree (5% relaxation for reserved/PwD).
- M Phil students of SPPU whose M Phil dissertation has been evaluated and the viva voce is pending can be admitted to the Ph.D. program.
- M Phil degree with an aggregate of 55% marks (5% relaxation for reserved/PwD).
- Candidate possessing a degree considered equivalent to M Phil degree of an Indian institution, from a foreign educational institution.
How to apply? Ph.D. (Atmospheric Sciences) , Ph.D. (Biotechnology) & Ph.D. (Botany)
- Visit the official university website portal (http://bcud.unipune.ac.in/phd_entrance/applicant/login.aspx)
- Click on the link of the application form.
- Fee payment via online mode or net banking. The candidate is selected for admission on the basis of the PET entrance examination score.
- Fill the right details.
- Download the confirmation page.
NOTE- Before filling the online application form, the applicant must check the vacant positions for application displayed on the university website.
Documents required during online application form filling process.-
- Marks statement of the Master’s degree.
- Caste certificate (if from reserved category).
- Medical certificate issued by a civil surgeon in the case of PH category.
- Non- creamy layer certificate (if from NCL category)
|Application fee (INR)|
|Candidates appearing in PET examination||Candidates exempted from PET examination|
|Open category||Reserved category||Open category||Reserved category|
Check SPPU Admission 2019
Selection Process Ph.D. (Atmospheric Sciences) , Ph.D. (Biotechnology) & Ph.D. (Botany)
The admission process is purely merit-based via PET examination score conducted by the SPPU.
The process is ahead-
- Entrance exam- a qualifying, MCQ based exam of total 100 marks.
- Personal interview- interview of candidates qualified in entrance test/ exempted from entrance examination, is conducted as per the procedure prescribed in due courses.
The candidate fulfilling at least one of the following conditions will be exempted from the entrance examination-
- A candidate qualified in UGC-NET or teacher fellowship holder.
- M Phil pass out from SPPU.
5% of relaxation in the admission process, from 55% to 50% for reserved/differently abled or other categories as per Maharashtra Govt.
- SPPU notifies well in advance on its website and via advertisement in two national newspapers (about examination center for the entrance test, no. of seats, subject/discipline-wise distribution of available seats, criteria and procedure for admission, etc).
- The admission process is based on the criteria notified by the SPPU, keeping in view the norms issued by the statutory bodies concerned, and the reservation policy of the Central/State Govt.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College