The Central Institute of Fisheries Education is the only deemed University for Fisheries Science in India.
CIFE gives advertisements for M.F.Sc. in leading newspapers in the month of January/February inviting applications for admissions. The advertisements for Ph.D. programs are published in newspapers and websites in the month of March/April.
Application Fees for the Ph.D. program: INR. 1000/-
The total number of students are to be admitted by the Academic Council according to the faculty available and laboratory facilities. Both the programs conduct entrance examinations in the month of July and the institute provides prominent relaxations to the reserved quota and in-service candidates.
Check CIFE Admission 2020
The candidates can apply online by visiting the official website.
- They can download the prospectus and fill the application form online.
- They must provide all the requisite details.
- The applicants must mention all the previous academic qualifications.
- To submit the form, the candidates must pay the registration fees.
- The fees can be paid either through online or offline mode.
Application fee: INR 1000/-
Payment can be made through Credit/Debit card using e- Payment/fee collection of State Bank of India.
The application should be downloaded and a hard copy of the same along with proof of payment of fees and following self-attested certificates should be sent by Speed Post to the Asstt. Admin. Officer (PG) Section, ICAR-CIFE, Mumbai.
- Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Examinations passed
- Mark sheets in detail indicating the percentage of marks, division/class obtained, etc. for all the above examinations
- A course completion certificate
- Character Certificate
- A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination prior to the Entrance Test, or whose result is not declared can also apply.
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC candidates are required to submit a category certificate
- Two copies of SoP
- Copy of the Receipt generated for Proof of Payment of Fees
- One must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Fisheries Science (B.F.SC.) under the 10+2+4 system.
- Must have obtained 60% marks or OGPA of 6.50 out of 10, or 2.60 out of 4.00 (for SC/ST categories 55% is the minimum eligibility or OGPA of 6.00 out of 10, 3 out of 5.00 or 2.40 out of 4.00)
- The minimum age limit is 19 years.
- For in-service candidates the minimum eligibility is B.F.Sc. However, they must have 5 years’ experience in the state department service and have to pass the deficiency course of 1 year prior to joining the program.
- If you have claimed reservation for the Scheduled Caste then you would get a relaxation of 15% of the total available seats and 7 ½ % will be reserved for Scheduled Tribe and 27% for OBC categories.
- These reservations shall be transferable, if a sufficient number of students do not fill the reserved seats for Scheduled Caste then the candidates of Scheduled Tribe may fill the seats or vice-versa in the same discipline.
- But under no circumstances, the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe seats shall be transferable from one discipline to another discipline or from M.F.Sc. to Ph.D. program and vice-versa.
- If you stand as a Scheduled Caste/ tribe Candidate and even if you are selected on a merit basis or on relaxed standards, you will be counted upon as reserved quota and there is no maximum limit on the admission of the candidates belonging to the two categories.
- There is a relaxation of 2 seats for physically handicapped and Kashmiri Migrants and if you come among the underprivileged states.
- 5 seats are reserved for M.F.Sc. if you are in-service candidates under the fisheries departments above the allotted seats of ICAR.
If you wish to apply for M.F.Sc. then a combined examination for the award of ICAR Junior Research Fellowship and for admissions to 100% seats of Master's Degree Programme at CIFE is conducted by the Education Division, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan, New Delhi.
You will be selected at the time of counseling for the award of ICAR Junior Research Fellowship and admission to State Agricultural Universities and Deemed Universities will be on the basis of the merit in the Entrance Examination
If you do not possess the B.F.Sc. degree, but you are having the experience of more than five years in the department, then you have to experience the deficiency course for one year in the same discipline prior to joining the M.F.Sc. program
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College