SNDT Women's University Ph.D and M.Phil Admissions 2019: Application Form, Eligibility, Fees
Smt. Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University – SNDTU is in race of imparting quality education to the women from February 3, 2010.The SNDTU imparts professional and non-professional education, research and training in various faculties. The university offers admission to the following M.Phil. / Ph.D degree programmes:
Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Social Work
- Faculty of Home Science
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Technology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Management Studies
- Faculty of Library Sciences
- Faculty of Education Management
Candidates can register for admission by filling-in the online/offline application form for entrance examination and submitting the required processing fee.Admission to the above programmes is done on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the entrance examination. Check SNDTU Admission 2019
Ph.D (English/Hindi/Gujarati/Marathi/Sanskrit/Music/Drawing and Painting /Non-Formal Education and Development /Geography /History /Political Science /Economics /Sociology /Psychology/ Women studies /Social works/Food Science and Nutrition /Human Development /Textile and Apparel design/Extension Education /Resource Management and Ergonomics /Education /Educational Technology /Law/Nursing /Analytical Chemistry /computer science /Commerce/Management / library science /Education management).
Duration of course:
Five years (i.e. 10 terms) with a minimum of three years (i.e. 6 terms) programme.
Mode of Application
Online & Offline Both
02nd Nov, 2019
Important Dates M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts
| Last date for submission of completed applications ||02nd Nov, 2019 |
Admission Eligibility M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts
- Women candidates who have passed Master’s Degree in the concerned subject (with 55% marks for general category and 50%/B grade for reserved category (SC/ST/)) of any recognized university of India/any other examination recognized by the University as equivalent to the Master’s Degree are eligible to appear for the M.Phil. /Ph.D. Entrance Test.
- Candidate who has graduate qualifications in Engineering/Medicine (MBBS, BDS and Physiotherapy) along with valuable contribution to her field, may be allowed to appear in the written test on the recommendation of the recognized board.
- Candidates who are fellow members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants/ Institute of Cost and Work Accountants can apply for Ph.D. in the concerned subject under the Faculty of Commerce only if they have at least 5 years’ work experience in their respective fields and possession of Bachelor’s degree in the subject of any recognized University.
Candidates who have qualified NET/SET/GATE/JRF examination conducted by CSIR/ICMR/ICAR/UGC/DBT and the candidates who have completed their M.Phil. Degree from SNDT Women’s University/any other recognized University do not need to appear in written test but will be required to appear for personal interview at the respective departments.
How To Apply M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts
Candidates must apply for admission through online/offline registration process and submit completed application. All fields in the application form should be correctly and completely filled-in with the relevant information.
- Candidate can download the application form by clicking on the below given link http://www.sndt.ac.in/downloads.htm and submit the duly filled downloaded form along with the necessary documents and a demand draft of Rs.500/-(SC/ST Rs. 350/-) in favour of “Registrar, S.N.D.T. Women’s University,” payable at Mumbai.
- Candidate can obtain the application form at the Accounts Section of SNDT Women’s University at the cost of Rs.500/-(SC/ST Rs. 350/-)
- The completed application form along with the necessary and relevant documents should be submitted to the office of the Director, Board of College and University Development (BCUD)
Two Attested copies of the following documents should be submitted with the application form.
- The Mark sheet of Post Graduate Examination or the mark sheet of the highest qualification acquired.
- Passing Certificate / Degree Certificate of Post Graduate examination
- Marriage Certificate (in case of name change).
- Caste Certificate (except for Open Category).
- Medical Certificate given by a Competent Authority in case of blind/visually or physically challenged candidates.
- Demand draft of Rs.500/-(SC/ST Rs. 350/-) in favour of “Registrar, S.N.D.T. Women’s University,” payable at Mumbai in case of downloaded form.
Admission Process M.Phil/Ph.D in Arts
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit in the Entrance test and Interview. Admission will be granted as per availability of seats in the specific subjects.
- Passing criteria for entrance test and interview: 50% for open and 45% for reserved category.
Note: Candidates who remain absent for interview, will have to appear for written test again.
SNDTU endows the following scholarships to its deserving candidates:
- SC/ST Welfare and Backward Class Scholarships.
- Scholarships given by Govt. of India.
The University provides hostel facility to the desirous candidates. Three Hostels are available for around 945 students.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College