Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey (SNDT) Women's Universitywas established in 1916 for noble cause of women’s education. It is the first women’s university in India as well as in south-east Asia. SNDT is committed to cause of women’s empowerment through relevant courses in formal and non formal streams.
Admission to the above mentioned courses like M.Ed, M.S.Ed, M.M.S, M.P.M.I.R, M.E.M, M.B.A, M.C.A, M.Tech and M.Pharm is done on the basis of marks secure in MHT-CET entrance test.
Admission to the above mentioned other courses like MA, MSW, BMA, M.Com, M.Sc, M.L.I.Sc, and L.M nursing is on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. Check SNDT Admission
No. of the seats allocated in each of the programme mentioned above under PG course is as following:
|MA in English||40|
|MA in Hindi||40|
|MA in Gujarati||40|
|MA in Marathi||40|
|MA in Sanskrit||40|
|MA in Music||30|
|MA in Non-Formal Education and Development||40|
|MA in Geography||40|
|MA in History||40|
|MA in Political Science||40|
|MA in Economics||40|
|MA in Sociology||40|
|MA in Psychology Women's Studies||40|
|MA in Education||40|
|MA in Inclusive Education||40|
|MA in Applied Linguistics||15|
|MA in Career & Developmental Counselling||15-20|
|MA in Educational Technology||25|
|M.Sc in communication media for children||40|
|M.Sc in food science and nutrition||40|
|M.Sc in nutrition and health management||40|
|M.Sc in clinical nutrition and dietetics||40|
|M.Sc in family resource management||40|
|M.Sc in interior design||40|
|M.Sc in human development||40|
|M.Sc in early childhood education||40|
|M.Sc in textile science and apparel design||30|
|M.Sc in extension education||40|
|M.Sc in nutrition and food processing||40|
|M.Sc in resource management and ergonimocs||40|
|M.Sc in nursing||15|
|M.Sc in analytical chemistry||50|
|M.Sc in computer science||60|
|M.Tech in electronics and communication||18|
|M.Tech in computer science & technology||18|
|M.Pharm in herbal drug technology||18|
|M.Pharm in quality assurance||18|
|M.Pharm in pharmaceutics||18|
|Admission Link |
MA 1st year Eligibility
- Candidate must be Graduate in any discipline from any university or any other recognized university
- Candidate must have pass English proficiency test for admission in MA English.
MA 2nd year Eligibility
Student from this university should have cleared 1st year in the same subject with admissible ATKT.
- Selection of the candidate for the courses like M.Ed, M.S.Ed, M.M.S, M.P.M.I.R, M.E.M, M.B.A, M.C.A, M.Tech and M.Pharm is done on the basis of marks secure in MHT-CET entrance test.
- Selection of the candidate for the courses like MA, MSW, BMA, M.Com, M.Sc, M.L.I.Sc, and L.M is on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
- Selection of the candidate in MCA programme is as per DTE rules
- Selection of the candidate in M.Sc (CS), M.Sc in nursing and M.Sc analytical chemistry programme is as per merit basis.
- Selection of the candidate in MBA course is done on the basis of entrance test and score of MHCET and national level aptitude tests.
- Selection of the candidate in MPMIR is done on the basis of entrance test and score of MHCET and national level aptitude tests.
- Selection of the candidate in MMS is done according to the centralized admission procedure conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra.
- Selection of the candidate in MLISc is according to the merit, aptitude and interview.
- Selection of the candidate in M.Sc nutrition and food processing, extension education, textile science and apparel design, early childhood education, human development, interior design, family resource management, clinical nutrition & dietetics, food science & nutrition, nutrition & health management and communication media for children is done on the basis of CET, subject specialization test and Interview.
- Selection in the MSW course is done on the basis of entrance exam, group discussion and personal interview.
- Selection of the candidate in the MVA course is done on the basis of personal interview and merit.
- Selection of the candidate in M.Com is directly on the basis of merit.
- Selection of the candidate in career and development counselling is done on the basis of personal interview, group discussion and entrance examination.
- Selection of the candidate in the MA course is done on the basis of personal interview, group discussion and entrance examination.
How To Apply
- Candidate can register themselves by sending application form with enrolment fee of amount Rs. 265/- (Enrolment fee Rs. 250/- + Enrolment form fee Rs. 15/- and Eligibility fee Rs 250/- + Eligibility form fee Rs.15/-) in favour of The Registrar S.N.D.T. Women’s University, Mumbai.
- Candidates have to send application form along with all the documents at the following address
S.N.D.T. Women’s University
Santacruz, Mumbai 400 049
For Online registration
- Candidate has to open the university portal and register himself/herself.
- After registration candidate receives username and password on his email ID and mobile no.
- Candidate can verify the registration and change his/her password.
- After that candidate starts filling online application form and upload his/her photo and signature, personal details, contact, correspondence, reservation and educational details.
- Candidate prints eSuvidha kit and enters confirmation code in the system.
- Then candidates can select the course from list of first year courses available and selects affiliated college which is running the course.
- Then candidate select the required document to be attached with application and takes printout of the form and attached the required documents.
- At the end candidate purchases the prospectus of the college and submit application form and required documents in college.
- Leaving Certificate (photo copy)
- An attested photocopy of last qualifying mark sheet
- The attested passing certificate issued by the board or University
- Original Migration Certificate or Original transfer Certificate
- Provisional eligibility Certificate given by this University
- Certificate regarding the change of name after marriage or for any reason.
Seats will be reserved for Visual Impairment, Hearing Impairment and Physical Disability, as per Government rules.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College