Delhi University (DU) offers MBA in colleges like Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) and Department of Financial Studies (DFS). Admission to MBA is granted on the basis of the Common Aptitude Test and other miscellaneous factors.
FMS offers a full time MBA program in various categories like doctoral program, executive and healthcare program. The application fee for FMS is INR 1000 for general category students and INR 350 for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
While at DFS, MBA is offered in two streams that is Finance and Economics. The application fee for DFS is INR 1800 for general category students and INR 900 for reserved category students.
Aspiring candidates are selected on criteria like CAT score, GAT score, performance in GD/PI, marks in class X and XII examination, etc. for PG level MBA programs.
For doctoral programs students who qualify either CAT or UGC-NET/JRF, CSIR, etc. are also eligible to apply for admission at FMS.
Women candidates are eligible for a further relaxation either while appearing for the interview or qualifying the CAT exam. The students can apply online on the official website of both the colleges individually for admission.
Delhi University MBA Admission Highlights 2020
|Type||Full Time Degree Program|
|Offered by||Delhi University|
|Offered at||FMS & DFS|
|Eligibility Criteria||PG: Graduation|
Ph.D.: Masters degree
|Admission Process||Merit + Entrance Exam|
|Entrance Exam||MBA: CAT/ GAT|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Course Fee||INR 10,000- INR 50,000|
Delhi University FMS MBA Admission 2020
The following types management programs at PG and doctoral level are offered at Faculty of Management Studies:
|Course||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria||Annual Fee|
|MBA||50% in Bachelor’s degree in any discipline||CAT+merit||Click Here|
|MBA Executive||45% in Bachelor’s degree in any discipline||GAT+merit||Click Here|
|MBA Executive (Healthcare Administration)||CAT+merit||Click Here|
|PhD (Management Studies)||55% in Masters degree in a relevant discipline||CAT/UGC-NET/JRF/CSIR+merit||Click Here|
Candidates must have completed their Bachelor’s degree with 50% aggregate in their graduation (SC/ST-Passing marks, OBC/PWD/CW- 45%) or equivalent CGPA.
- Candidates must have completed their Bachelor’s degree with 45% aggregate in their graduation in any of the disciplines such as Arts, Commerce, Social Science, Law, Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Medicine, Engineering/Technology.
- They should also have at least five years of experience as an executive or administrator in a commercial/government organization after clearing their Bachelor's degree.
MBA Executive (Health Care Administration):
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 45% aggregate or equivalent in disciples like MBBS/BDS/BUMS/BHMS OR
- Master’s degree with 55% aggregate in BTech, Genomics, Genetics, Nursing, bioengineering, alternative system of medicine, anthropology, zoology, pharmacology.
- The candidate should have five years of work experience as executive or administrator in a public or a private registered Health Care organization after graduation.
Ph.D. in Management Studies
- Candidates should have completed post-graduation/ should have Master’s degree with 55% aggregate.
- Ph.D is offered in the following specializations:
- Organisational Behaviour
- HR Management
- Marketing Management
- Management of Information Technology
- Financial Management
- Strategic Management
- Productions & Operations Management
- Management Science
- Managerial Economics
Following is the selection criteria for MBA (Full-time) -
- CAT Score: 60%
- Class X marks: 5%
- Marks in XII: 5%
- Group Discussion: 10%
- Extempore: 5%
- Personal Interview: 15%
- Women candidates appearing for the interview: 3%
The selection criteria for MBA Executive and MBA Executive Healthcare Administration are as follows-
- Academics (Graduation): 20 marks
- Executive Experience: 20 marks
- General Ability Test GAT: 30 marks (includes sections on general awareness, quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, and English)
- Extempore: 15 marks
- Personal Interview: 15 marks
For a Ph.D. in Management Studies, the candidates after clearing the CAT examination will have to appear for a personal interview for admission. Students who also clear UGC-NET/JRF, CSIR, or other national level exams, are eligible to apply for admission.
Read More: FMS CAT Cut off
How to Apply for FMS Delhi?
For admission into MBA at FMS, candidates need to apply online on the official website.
- The candidates can visit the website and register themselves by entering all the basic details.
- Fill in the application form by entering the personal and educational.
- Upload the necessary documents while online application.
- Pay the application fee online through debit card or credit card.
- The registration fee is INR 1000 for general category students and INR 350 for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
Get more details on FMS Admission
Reservation of Seats for MBA at FMS
The students of reserved categories are allotted admission on the seats reserved for them at FMS, Delhi. The following table mentions the reservations available in FMS -
|Category||Seats Reserved (MBA)||Seats Reserved (MBA EXECUTIVE HCA)||Seats Reserved (MBA Executive)|
Delhi University DFS MBA Admission 2020
At the Department of Financial Studies, MBA is offered in two major areas. The details of admission and eligibility have been elaborated below:
|Course||Specializations||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|MBA||Finance||50% in 10+2+3 pattern||CAT scores+merit|
The minimum eligibility for both Finance and Business Economics are:
- Students must have graduated under 10+2+3 pattern in any discipline with at least 50% marks, from either University of Delhi or any other recognized University with Mathematics/Business Mathematics at Class XII level.
- Students appearing in the final year of Bachelor’s Degree examination in 2020 can also apply.
- However, they should meet the above-mentioned eligibility requirements latest by September 15, 2020 or on the date specified by the University of Delhi.
For DFS MBA, the candidates are allotted final admission on the basis of the following criteria:
- CAT percentile and marks scored in Class X and XII examinations. Candidates with the following undergraduate degrees receive extra weightage:
- B. Com. (Hons.)
- B. A. (Hons.) (Economics)
- B. A. (Hons.) (Business Economics)
- BFIA/BBA (FIA)
- The following weightage-system is followed for short-listing for GD & PI:
- CAT Percentile: 70%
- Marks obtained in Class-X: 10%
- Marks obtained (best of four) in Class XII: 7.50%
- Marks obtained in Mathematics/Business Mathematics in Class XII exam: 2.50%
- Female Candidates: 5%
- Candidates having the above mentioned UG degrees: 5%
- Final selection is based on CAT scores, marks in GD & PI, and marks obtained in class X and XII exams; (and further weightage to female candidates is also given).
- The following weightage-system is followed for short-listing for final selection:
- CAT Score: 57.50%
- Marks obtained in Class X: 5%
- Marks obtained in Class XII: 5%
- Marks obtained in GD: 7.50%
- Marks obtained in PI: 20%
- Female Candidates: 2.5%
- Candidates having the above-mentioned Graduate Degrees: 2.50%
- There is no separate weightage for work experience.
- The previous year cut off for CAT was 95 for Financial Management (General Category).
Find more information about DFS CAT Cut Offs here.
DFS Application Process For MBA Admissions at DU
The application process for admission to DFS are as follows:
- Visit the official website of the Department of Financial Studies.
- Fill in the application form online by entering all the details.
- Make the payment of the application fee online. The application fee is INR 1800 for general category students and INR 900 for reserved category students.
For more details click on DFS Admission
CAT Common Admission Test 2020
- CAT exam is a computer-based exam. Total time allotted is 3 hours/180 minutes and each section has to be completed within an hour.
- CAT includes 100 questions of total 300 marks
- The total number of questions per section is:
- Verbal Ability: 34 questions
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Data Interpretation of Logical Reasoning
- The interviews of the candidates qualifying in the entrance examination will be conducted at IIMs across the country.
- The weightage of General Ability Test (GAT) in the selection process is 30 points.
Ques. What is the fee division for MBA Executive?
Ans. The annual fee for the course in INR 50,000 plus INR 1000 library fees, payable in two installments of INR 25000 each.
Ques. Who all are given reservation under the CW category?
Ans. The CW category gives reservations to widows/wards of defense personnel killed, wards of disabled in action, wards of ex-servicemen, wives of defense personnel disabled, wards of serving personnel, and wives of serving personnel. Authorities competent to issue educational concessions under CW category are the Ministry of Home Affairs, Secretary, Kendriya Sainik Board, Office-in-charge, Records Office and more.
Ques. What is the placement status of FMS Delhi?
Ans. FMS Delhi provides top-notch placements for it’s students. The students are placed in the fields of consulting, e-commerce, finance, general management and sales and marketing.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College