Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, established in 1959, offers a twenty-one month-long MBA program under the Department of Industrial and Management Engineering. The admission to this course is based on the candidate’s performance in the CAT exam.
The mode of admission is online. MBA is offered with 5 specializations- Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Operation Management, and Service Management. There are a total of 78 seats in the program.
The application fees are 1600 INR for General, EWS, and OBC (NCL) candidates and SC/ST/DAP (Differently Abled Persons) is INR 800/-. IIT Kanpur provides good placements opportunities.
Companies like IBM, INFOSYS, TIGER ANALYSIS, HSBC, DELOITTE, COGNIZANT, ICICI BANK, GAIL LTD, HDFC, IndiaMART, FORD, TRESVISTA, OPSHUB, SAPIENT, EXL, ECOM EXPRESS, MAYBANK, JUSPAY, ZIRCA, OPTUM were some of the top recruiters.
IIT Kanpur MBA Course Highlight 2020
|No. Of Specialization||5|
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||Graduation|
|Basic Selection Criteria||CAT + GD + PI|
IIT Kanpur MBA Important Dates
|MBA Registration||16 March - 24 May 2020|
IIT Kanpur MBA Eligibility Criteria
For GN, EWS, and OBC (NCL) Applicants
- Candidate must have 85 & and above percentile score in CAT exam
- Candidate must have a minimum of 65% in 10 and 10+2 examination
- Candidates with B. Tech. or B.E. or B. Arch. (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2), or a four years Bachelors of Engineering degree (with Mathematics as one of the subjects) or, Bachelor of Science degree (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or Master of Science with Mathematics as a subject in UG program, or Master of Arts in Economics with Mathematics as a subject in UG program) with an aggregate of 65% or a CPI of 6.5 from any AICTE recognized institute/university, IITs, NITs, and IIITs.
For SC and ST Applicants
- Candidate must have 75 & and above in CAT exam
- Candidate must have a minimum of 55% in 10 and 10+2 examination
- Candidates with B. Tech. or B.E. or B. Arch. (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2), or a four years Bachelors of Engineering degree (with Mathematics as one of the subjects) or, Bachelor of Science degree (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or Master of Science with Mathematics as a subject in UG program, or Master of Arts in Economics with Mathematics as a subject in UG program) with an aggregate of 55% or a CPI of 5.5 from any AICTE recognized institute/university, IITs, NITs, and IIITs.
Candidates appearing for the final degree examination can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be admitted provisionally. They have to complete all the requirements of the qualifying degree at the time of joining the course.
Check IIT Kanpur Courses & Fees
IIT Kanpur MBA Selection Criteria
- The candidates with 85% of CAT score along with GD-PI sore are selected
- The selected candidates must attend the counseling
- The counseling process consists of the following steps-
- First register with a valid email id and phone number
- Pay the counseling fee
- Enter the preferred institute/ college where you want to opt for the course and lock it
- The seats are allotted based on the CAT score and the preference
- The last step is that the candidate must report to the allotted college/ institute with all the original documents
Check IIT Kanpur Admission
How to Apply for MBA at IIT Kanpur?
Candidates who fulfill the above-stated eligibility criteria can apply to the MBA program at IIT Kanpur by filling an online application form.
- Visit the official website of IIT Kanpur, and register using a valid email ID and a phone number
- An OTP will be sent to the registered phone number, use that OTP to login and fill in the form
- The form filling requires the candidate to enter valid educational and personal information
- Upload the supporting documents such as Scanned signature, photograph, etc
- Pay the application fee of 1600 INR for General, EWS and OBC (NCL) and 800 INR for SC/ST/DAP by any of the online payment mode
- Then submit the application form and download the same for later use
- The selection of the candidates for 2 groups that is ., (GN + EWS + OBC (NCL)) and (SC + ST) will be done separately.
- The GD-PI round for all the short-listed candidates and the merit list will be prepared independently for the two groups
IIT Kanpur MBA Reservation Criteria
Applicants belonging to different categories (GN, EWS, OBC (NCL), SC, ST, (DAP (Differently Abled Persons) will be separately merit listed. The cut-offs for different categories will be decided by the committee-in-charge for M.B.A. admissions of the IME department of IIT Kanpur. The approved norms on reservation (OBC (NCL): 27%, SC: 15%, EWS: 10%, ST: 7.5% and DAP (Differently Abled Persons) 3% horizontal across GN, SC, ST and OBC (NCL)) will be observed.
Common Admission Test is a computer-based exam conducted by IIM and TCS. The candidates seeking admission for MBA courses are required to have a good score in CAT. Candidates who qualify in CAT, get admission in IIM and other Indian Universities/colleges.
CAT Exam Pattern
- The CAT exam is an online computer-based exam. It consists of 100 questions, and the marks allotted for every correct answer is +3 and -1 for every wrong answer. No marks are awarded if the question is an attempt
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours for all category and 4 hours for PwD category
- Candidates may be asked to answer subjective questions in the entrance exam. So, the total number of MCQ and NON-MCQs are not known from beforehand
- The sectional duration is minutes, and they are not allowed to switch between sections. They can move to the second section only after completion of the first section
- The sectional duration for the PwD candidates is 80 minutes and they are allowed to submit the answer after one hour of completion of the exam
|Section Name||Total No. of Questions||Total No. of TITA Questions||Total No. of MCQs|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||7||27|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||8||24|
IIT Kanpur MBA Cut Off 2020
|MBA Human Resource Management||93|
|MBA Operations Management||93|
|MBA Service Management||93|
IIT Kanpur MBA FAQs
Ques. How many seats are there M.B.A. courses?
Ans. There are 78 seats in the program. The admission is done as per the reservation norms of the government.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria to get admission in IIT Kanpur?
Ans. The candidate must secure a minimum of 85% for general and 75% for others in the CAT exam to get admission in this course in IIT Kanpur.
Ques. Does it provide a placement facility for this course?
Ans. Yes, it provides a placement facility. Some of its top recruiters are ICICI BANK, HSBC, DELOITTE, JUSPAY, etc.
Ques. What was the cut off for CAT in 2019?
Ans. The cut off for the CAT exam in 2019 was 93%, usually the candidates who score more than the 93% marks get shortlisted for admission to IME, IIT Kanpur.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College