IIM Ahmedabad is an autonomous institute set up in 1961 by the Government of India in collaboration with the Government of Gujarat and the Indian Industry. It ranks 2nd in position in NIRF 2019 ranking by the MHRD, Government of India.
IIMA offers a two-year post-graduate program on Virtual Interactive Learning Platform (VILP) leading to Master of Management Studies (eLearning Mode) upon successful completion.
To get admission in this e-PGP course candidates should have valid CAT score (taken within the last 3 years) or valid GRE/GMAT score (taken within the last 5 years). Alternatively, applicants have to give IIMA Admission Test (IAT).
Shortlisted candidates based on the score of CAT/ GRE/ GMAT/ IAT are invited for personal interview round.
To apply for the admission candidate has to apply online at the official website with an application fee of INR. 1000/-. The course is imparted over more than 850 hours of classroom sessions and project work and provides the participants with leadership skills for the knowledge economy through an innovative curriculum.
IIM Ahmedabad ePGP Admission Highlight 2020
|Basic Eligibility Criteria||Graduation|
|Basic Selection Criteria||IAT (IIMA Admission Test)/CAT/GMAT/GRE|
| ePost Graduate ProgePGPramme [ePGP] ||Admission Link |
IIM Ahmedabad ePGP Important Dates
|Accepted scorecards||CAT / GMAT / GRE / IAT|
|Application portal opens||December 05, 2019|
|Application closure date||June 06, 2020|
|IIMA Admission Test (IAT)||June 14, 2020 (online)|
|Interview date||June 27 & 28, 2020 (online)|
|The first installment of fees to be paid by||August 10, 2020|
|Campus module start date||September 21, 2020|
|Studio module start date||October 01, 2020|
IIM Ahmedabad ePGP Eligibility Criteria
To apply for ePGP program, the candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Working Professionals and Entrepreneurs with a minimum of 3 years full-time work experience as on March 31, 2020
- Minimum age of the candidate should be 24 years or above as on March 31, 2020
- Candidate must hold at least a Bachelor's Degree/CA/CS/ICWA, with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA, awarded by any of the recognized universities.
Check IIMA Courses & Fees
IIM Ahmedabad Entrance Exam
For admissions in IIM Ahmedabad, a candidate needs to score in the following entrance exams:
CAT – Common Admission Test is a National Level Exam conducted by one of the IIMs on a rotational basis. It is a computer-based exam for admissions under the Management department like MBA and PG Diploma in Management, minimum eligibility for CAT is graduation.
CAT Exam Pattern
- The CAT exam is an online computer-based exam. It consists of 100 questions, and the marks allotted for every correct answer is +3 and -1 for every wrong answer. No marks are awarded if the question is an attempt
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours for all category and 4 hours for PwD category
- Candidates may be asked to answer subjective questions in the entrance exam. So, the total number of MCQ and NON-MCQs are not known from beforehand
- The sectional duration is minutes, and they are not allowed to switch between sections. They can move to the second section only after completion of the first section
- The sectional duration for the PwD candidates is 80 minutes and they are allowed to submit the answer after one hour of completion of the exam
|Section Name||Total No. of Questions||Total No. of TITA Questions||Total No. of MCQs|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||7||27|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||8||24|
GMAT- Graduate Management Admission Test is a National Level Online Entrance test which is conducted by GMAC. It is considered one of the most acceptable platforms for selecting students for Management Programs.
GRE – Graduate Record Examination is an internationally standardized test that is required for admission to most of the graduate schools in the United States of America. It is also accepted by some of the most popular Graduate and Business schools in various countries of the world. It conducts many times in a year.
IAT- IIMA Admission Test
- In case, if the candidate has not appeared in CAT/ GMAT/ GRE, then he/she has to appear into a separate test called IAT (IIMA Admission Test), especially conducted for admission in ePGP program.
- IAT is a computer-based test of 90 minutes duration and will be conducted across India through their study centers.
- IAT follows same question pattern and style that of CAT (Common Entrance Test)
IIM Ahmedabad ePGP Selection Process
- Valid CAT score (a valid CAT score of test taken within the last 3 years i.e. 2017,2018, and 2019) or GMAT /GRE score (a valid GMAT / GRE score taken within the last 5 years i.e. April 01, 2015 to March 31, 2020) will be considered for shortlisting. The earliest acceptable GMAT/GRE test date for the two rounds are – April 01, 2015.
- Alternatively, applicants will have to take IIMA Admission Test (IAT)
- Shortlisted candidates (on the basis of score obtained in CAT/GMAT/GRE/IAT) will be invited for personal interview at IIMA campus or other cities decided by Institute
Click hereIIMA Admission
IIM Ahmedabad ePGP Tests Cut-Off
The given below table shows the minimum marks required to get selected for interview round in various entrance exams:
|CAT||Minimum Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC) percentile||Minimum Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) Percentile||Minimum Quantitative Ability (QA) Percentile||Minimum Overall Percentile|
How to Apply for IIM Ahmedabad ePGP?
Candidates who fulfill the above-stated eligibility criteria can apply to the ePGP program at IIM Ahmedabad by filling an online application form.
- Visit the official site of IIM Ahmedabad ePGP. Click here
- Click on the Apply section at the home bar. The new page appears, further, click on the apply online tab, and links to apply the form appears.
- The registration page opens.New applicants have to register themselves by providing basic details.
- User ID and password will be mailed after registration.
- Filling the information by logging at the platform and submit the application fee of INR 1000.
Following documents are required to be submitted along with the online application.
- Mark sheets and relevant examination/degree certificates of:
- SSC / SSLC / Matriculation / Secondary School
- PUC / Intermediate / Higher Secondary School
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree (if applicable)
- Other professional qualification (s)
- CAT/GMAT/GRE/IAT test scorecards, whichever is applicable
- Recent Passport size photograph
- For Employed:
- Appointment letter(s)
- Relieving letter(s)
- Last Salary slip
- For Entrepreneurs:
- Partnership Deed
- MoA- Memorandum of Association
- AoA-Article of Association
- Local Body/Proof of Incorporation/Ownership
- Last three years Income Tax Return
- Any other document related to entrepreneurial experience
Ques. Is it possible to apply for a Ph.D. after the successful completion of the program?
Ans. The eligibility norms for Ph.D are decided by respective universities and may vary. There may be Universities/Institutions that consider e-Mode Post Graduate Programme as eligibility to apply for Ph.D. As far as IIMA's Ph.D. Programme, they are eligible to apply but will have to appear for selection test
Ques. Can I pursue an ePGP program from outside India?
Ans. No. Presently ePGP program is offered through designated classroom centers across India only facilitated by Technology Partner's (VCNow) remote classrooms.
Ques. What will be the title of final certificate issued on the successful completion of the program?
Ans. The `ePGP' program is a long duration program offered by IIMA, leading to the award of "Master of Management Studies (eLearning Mode)". The certificate will be appropriately worded to reflect the same.
Ques. What are the additional expenses to be borne by a participant?
Ans. Travelling & lodging expenses during the campus module shall be borne by the participant. If a participant opts to avail accommodation on IIMA campus (subject to availability) they shall pay the lodging charges directly to International Management Development Centre (IMDC) facility management / Students Activity Office.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College