DTU MBA Quick Updates
June 19: Due to COVID-19, MBA admissions in DTU will be conducted on the basis of CAT Score. No Personal Interview and Group DIscussion will be conducted.
June 19: Online Application can be filled on www.cmac.admissions.nic.in latest by 28-June-2020. Apply Here
Delhi Technological University offers an MBA program for a duration of 2 years in fulltime mode. For admission to the MBA course, the student must hold a bachelor’s degree and a valid CAT score.
- The basic Eligibility for admission to DTU MBA program is a bachelor's degree.
- For admission to DTU, selection will be based on CAT score and must go through a series of interviews or essay tests.
- Candidates willing to apply for EMBA must be a graduate and must mandatorily have at least 3 years of working experience.
- EMBA selection criteria is a valid Entrance Exam score followed by Personal Interview conducted by the Delhi Technological University.
In the previous academic year, 85 offers were made to DTU students by Top Companies, where the highest CTC remained at 12 LPA.
The following are the specializations available for MBA course in DTU :
|Human Resources Management||Finance||Marketing||Operations and Supply Chain Management||Information Technology|
|Knowledge Management||Business Analytics||Family Business and Entrepreneurship||Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Venture Development||-|
DTU MBA Highlights 2020
|Name of Institute||Delhi Technological University |
|Institute Type||State University|
|Course Type||Post Graduate|
|Fee Details||MBA : Click Here|
|Availability of CAT 2020 Application form from||August 8, 2020|
|Release of CAT Admit Card 2020||October 24 – November 25, 2020 |
|CAT 2020 Exam Date||November 25, 2020 |
|CAT Result Date 2020||Second Week of January 2021|
|Last date of DTU MBA Admission||June 28, 2020|
DTU MBA Basic Eligibility Criteria
- To apply for the MBA course, the student should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 60% (50% for SC /ST / PWD) aggregate marks in any Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- However, if the student is willing to apply for MBA in Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Venture Development or Business Analytics or Family Business and Entrepreneurship, Family Business and Entrepreneurship, the student should have obtained a minimum aggregate of 50% (40% for SC/ST/ PWD) aggregate marks in any Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
Check DTU Admission
DTU MBA Selection Criteria
The selection criteria for MBA course is as follows :
- Initially, main criteria is the score obtained by the student in CAT exam. The institute will shortlist the students based on this score and will be called for Personal Interview and Group Discussion rounds.
- However, if there is a tie in the CAT score, the student who is older in age will be considered.
- However, for certain specializations, a number of factors will be considered alongside
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Venture Development : Marks scored in Graduation: 30%, Gender diversity: 5%, Academic diversity: 5%, Essay: 10%, Personal interview: 50%
- Business Analytics : CAT overall percentile: 40%, CAT Quantitative Ability: 20%, CAT Verbal Ability: 10%, Personal Interview: 30%
- Family Business and Entrepreneurship : Marks scored in Graduation: 40%, Case Study: 20%, Gender diversity: 5%, Academic diversity: 5%, PersonalI interview:30%
DTU MBA Cutoff
DTU MBA course admission will be based solely on CAT score for a few specializations.
|Course||Minimum CAT Percentile|
|MBA Human Resource Management||85|
|MBA Information Technology||85|
|MBA Knowledge Technology||85|
DTU MBA Seat Allotment Process
A combined merit list will be prepared based on the combined score of all the students in CAT and the following GD PI.
Moreover, DTU will conduct counselling rounds for admissions and candidates who get an allotment in the counselling rounds will have to pay a part admission fee (INR 1 Lakh). Based on the number of candidates who pay the admission fee, further counselling rounds will be conducted.
Documents Required at the time of GD and PI
- Print out of the online Application duly signed by the candidate.
- Degree and Marks Sheet of the qualifying examinations.
- CAT Score card, Login ID
- Date of Birth Certificate.
- Reserved category/ Sub-category certificates.
DTU MBA Entrance Exam
The selection of students for the MBA course will be mainly based on CAT exam scores. The registration for this exam will begin by August 2020 and the exam will be conducted in the month of November.
This national level exam is used as a medium of admissions for IIMs all over our country. It is an online computer based exam, comprising 100 questions from Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability.
CAT Registration Process
- Before applying for this exam, the student must go through the eligibility criteria. Click here for more information.
- The student must visit the official website iimcat.ac.in
- Click Registration.
- Instructions will be displayed
- Then, the student must fill all the necessary personal information like name, DOB etc. All of those information must match the ones provided in 10th exam certificate.
- Enter the OTP provided, click on I Agree and click on Submit.
- After submission, the studnet will receive a Login ID and password.
- Click on Go to Application Form.
CAT Application Process
- After registration, the student will receive the login ID and password.
- Again, go to the official website and click on Existing User.
- Use the credentials provided to login.
- The student must fill personal details, academic information etc accurately.
- During this process, the student is also requied to upload photographs of specified dimensions. Click here for more information.
- The student must also pay an Application Fee of INR 1900 /- (for general merit / NC OBC students) or INR 950 /- ( for SC/ST, PwD / DA students) accordingly through online mode only.
How to Apply for DTU MBA?
To apply for MBA, follow these steps :
- The online admission froms will be available in : www.cmac.admissions.nic.in
- The application form must be filled accurately.
- An application fee of INR 1000 /- (for general merit students) or INR 500 /- (for SC/ST students) must be paid through online mode only.
- Inaccurate or incomplete application forms will be rejected.
- The copy of filled form must be submitted to :
Delhi Technological University
Shahbad, Daulatpur, Bawana Road, Delhi-110042
During the time of admissions, the selected students must carry the following documents :
- 10th and 12th certificate
- Graduation Certificate
- Work Experience Certificate (if applicable)
- Migration and Category Certificate
- CAT Score Card and registration confirmation slip
DTU MBA Reservation Details
Annually, the number of reserved seats in Delhi School of Management is 150 (as of 2019). It is divided as follows :
|Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved||Number of Seats Reserved|
Ques. What are the facilities provided by this institute?
This institute provided some best amenities like :
- Central Library
- Computer Center
- Knowledge Park : this sector forms network with industries and research institutions.
- Banking and Mail facilities
- Health Center
Ques. What are the other academic activities conduted apart from the curricullum?
The students can be a part of any of the following councils based on their interest :
- Literary Council
- Technical Council
- Innovation Team
- Cultural Council
- Social Societies
Ques. Does this institute promote research?
Yes. This institute has a Multidisciplinary Centre for Geoinformatics Research Center, where the students and faculties are involved in the research of :
- Defense, Security and Intelligence
- Urban Infrastructure Development and Planning and Urban Transportation Systems
- Geohazards and Disaster Management
- Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Satellite Image Analysis and Photogrammetry etc
Ques. How is the curriculum set in this institute?
This institute focuses on making the students ready for real life problems, hence the syllbus mainly focuses on research oriented learning with special emphasis on the interactive lectures, case studies, class projects & exercises, field projects & industrial visits, video presentations, guest lectures from the industry experts, and the activity labs.
- First the students are made to grasp the basic concepts through classroom learning.
- Later, the students are trained to apply apply in real world business situations
- Group discussions is a main part of the syllabus as the students can get a view of various ideas.
- They also conduct business games, field assignments and library wok.
- They also provide summer internships.
Ques. Where is this institute located and how to contact?
Ans. Institute address : Delhi Technological University , Shahbad Daulatpur, Main Bawana Road, DL - 42.
The students can contact this institute through email : email@example.com or telephone no. : 011-27871018
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College