IIM Bangalore has two postgraduate courses in management, PGP and PGPBA. PGPBA is a full-time, two-year course in management. Students are admitted through a valid score in the CAT examination.
Candidates clearing the cutoff criteria have to further undergo WAT( Written Ability Test) and PI (Personal Interview) rounds. The registration dates of the CAT examination usually fall in the months of August and September. IIM Bangalore offers a total of 412 seats whereas the total fees for the course are INR 21,00,000.
IIM Bangalore PGPBA Admission Highlights 2020
|Course Name||PGPBA (Post Graduation Program in Business Analytics) |
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Entrance Exam||CAT exam|
|Mode of Admission||Entrance Based|
|Entrance Mode||Online - CBT (Computer Based Test) |
| Post Graduate Programme in Business Analystics ||Admission Link |
IIM Bangalore PGPBA: Important Dates
|CAT registration starts||3 August, 2020|
|CAT registration Ends||25 September, 2020|
|CAT exam, 2020||29 November, 2020|
IIM Bangalore PGPBA Course Structure
- PGPBA (Postgraduate Programme in Business Analytics) is a two year, full-time course.
- It is a multidisciplinary program with a specialization in Business Analytics and helps students in acquiring an Analytical mindset and methodologies.
IIM Bangalore PGPBA: Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates are required to complete their graduation with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- Final year graduation students can also apply for the program on the condition that they are required to submit their final aggregate score CGPA by June.
Check IIM Bangalore Courses & Fees
IIM Bangalore PGPBA: Selection Process
IIM Bangalore has adopted a two-phase selection for the admission of the candidates. The college assesses the performance of the students on the basis of various parameters.
- The first phase of the selection process is for all the eligible candidates who had appeared for the CAT examination. These candidates with a valid CAT score are called for their PI round.
- A list of the selected students is then prepared on the basis of various parameters and their respective weightage.
- Candidates selected for the PI round are required to take a written ability test(WAT) on a topic given by the judges.
- The total time allotted for WAT is 30 minutes.
- The scores of WAT, interview, and pre-PI are cumulatively used in the second phase of the selection procedure.
|Parameters||CAT score||10th||12th||Graduation||Diversity||Work experience|
- The selected students are required to provide two confidential reference letters from their teachers in the educational institutions where they were previously studying.
- The final score of the candidates is calculated on the basis of different parameters.
- The intimation letter is sent via email.
Read more: IIM Bangalore Admission
IIM Bangalore PGPBA Reservations
The college provides admission to students from different social and economic backgrounds. Thus, the college extends the facility of the reservation to various categories;
- Scheduled Caste(SCs) - 15% of the seats are reserved for the students belonging to the scheduled caste category according to the rules of the Government of India.
- Scheduled Tribes(STs) - 7.5% of the seats are reserved for the students belonging to scheduled tribes category.
- Other Backward Class (OBCs) - 27% of the seats are reserved for the students belonging to the OBC category.
- Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)- 10% of the seats are reserved for the students belonging to EWS category.
- PwD - 5% of the seats are reserved for the students belonging to the PWD category.
All candidates applying to the IIM-B PGPBA course are required to register for the CAT examination. Candidates will be tested in the following areas:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
CAT Exam Pattern
- The question paper is divided into three sections: verbal ability and reading comprehension, data interpretation and logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude.
- Total number of questions is 100 (both MCQ and non MCQ format)
- The total time allotted is 3 hours.
- CAT examination is conducted in an online mode.
CAT Cut Off
The percentile cut off applied for CAT examination scores for different categories are mentioned below:
|Percentile cut off||85||70||70||65||55||50|
CAT Application Process
CAT registration form has to be filled through an online mode. Follow the steps below:
- Step 1:Go to the official website of CAT and generate a user ID and password.
- Step 2: Log in to the official website of CAT.
- Step 3: Fill in all the personal details. The following information needs to be filled.
- Personal information
- Academic qualifications.
- Work experience
- Selection of test city.
- Step 4: Online payment of application fee.
Ques. What is the basic eligibility for admission in the PGPBA course?
Ans. The candidates should have completed their graduation with 50% of aggregate marks. They have to appear for the CAT examination. Selected candidates are called for WAT and PI rounds.
Ques. Does the college provide a scholarship facility?
Ans. Yes, the college does provide scholarships to the students belonging to economically weaker sections of the society. Students are also eligible to avail of some merit-based scholarships like Aditya Birla scholarship, Runwal education trust scholarship, Siddhartha Padam award, yes bank scholarship, and some more. The financial assistance is provided to ensure no deserving candidate is deprived of opportunities.
Ques. How is the hostel facility at the college?
Ans. The college provides hostel facilities to both girls and boys separately. The hostel fees are INR 2.5 lakh per year. Rooms are spacious and well furnished with laundry, wifi, and other facilities. The surrounding is clean and hygiene is maintained.
Ques. What are the criteria that the recruiting companies consider during placements?
Ans. The placement cell of the college has shown high growth in recent years. The recruiting companies judge you on the basis of your academic performance in the respective field. It may consider your entrance score in some cases.
Ques. What is the ranking of IIM Bangalore?
Ans. The college was ranked number 1 Business School in the Central Asia Region in 2019. It was also awarded 5 Palmes of Excellence Honor during the Eduniversal World Convention in 2019.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College