Maulana Azad National Urdu University offers M.Phil and Ph.D programs at the Doctoral level. The duration of M.Phil is 1 year and the duration of Ph.D. is 2 Years. MANUU invites the application to these programs for the academic year. Only candidates with the relevant qualifying degree can register for the above-mentioned programs.
Seats are reserved for people belonging to different categories such as SC/ST/BC etc. as well as special categories viz. Differently-abled, women, etc. Read More: MANUU Admission 2019
Candidates can register for admission by filling in the online application form and submitting the required processing fee. Admission to the above programs is done on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in the entrance examination.
How To Apply
Candidates must apply for admission through online registration process and submit completed application before the last date. All fields in the application form should be correctly and completely filled-in with the relevant information. Candidate should log on to the university website and follow the given steps:
- In the “Admissions” section, click on “Online Application” Link
- Click on “Apply Now” button and fill in the application form
- Fill up all the required information correctly and ensure online submission of the form, by clicking the SUBMIT Button.
- After filling the basic information online, the candidate must pay the prescribed fee (printed on the challan which is generated online) at any branch of State Bank of India.
- Application fee for General category is INR 500 and for SC/ST/PwD/Women application fee is INR 300.
- The application number (User name) and password are generated while applying online. Candidate should preserve the same till the completion of the admission process.
- The candidate should attach the necessary scanned documents along with application form.
- The hall tickets for Eligible applicants will be made available for downloading from the University's Website only. The candidates will be informed about the acceptance or rejection of their application form and date of availability of hall tickets on the website through SMS, email, and University website.
The candidate should attach following scanned copies along with the application form and bring original of the same at the time admission to confirm eligibility:
- Transfer Certificate
- Receipt t of fee paid through challan
- Community Certificate (For OC candidates community certificate not required)
- Certificates for Special categories, if required
- Nativity Certificate if required
- Graduate Certificate (marks statement of each year)
- Master’s Certificate(marks statement of each year)
- Photograph of the applicant(a scanned digital image)
- photograph of a parent/guardian (a scanned digital image)
- scanned signature
|Mass Communication & Journalism|
|Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy|
- Master’s Degree in the concerned branch with a minimum of 55% marks/at least second class pass (50% for SC/ST/PD/VH) /equivalent grade from MANUU/any other recognized University.
- Candidates who do not possess M.A./M.Phil. in Translation Studies should have a Post Graduate Degree in any subject and fulfil any one of the following conditions:
- Publication of at least 5 articles, translated from English to Urdu in reputed Urdu Journals and Magazines/ Minimum 3 years’ experience as an English-Urdu Translator in any Government or Semi-Government organization or in any reputed media organization/ Published at least one book of minimum 100 pages, translated from English to Urdu
- Valid score in Entrance test (written and interview) with minimum 50% to qualify for admission.
- Qualified UGC/CSIR- JRF/NET, valid GATE score/SLET/M.Phil.
Admission to various Ph.D./M.Phil. Degree programs is as per the valid score in Entrance Test conducted by the University.
Candidates who have qualified in the examinations like CSIR-UGC /NETJRF/lectureship, SET/SLET examination of different Indian states, JRF examination of ICAR/ICMR/DBT/GATE, DST-Inspire fellowship, or regular M.Phil. Degree holders qualified through entrance test need not to appear in the entrance examination.
Selection of such candidates shall be made on the basis of interview.
Scholarships: MANUU endows the following scholarships to its deserving candidates:
- SC/ST Welfare and Backward Class Scholarships
- Scholarships given by Govt. of India.
- Merit Scholarship.
- Free ship.
- Scholarship Schemes /fellowships under Ministry of human resources development, Govt of India, New Delhi.
- MANUU fellowships
- Scholarship for girls
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College