Established in 1868, Ravenshaw University is one of the oldest universities in India and is located in Cuttack, Odisha. Certified by UGC & NAAC with ‘A’ grade, the University has a total of 27 departments out of which 20 are post-graduate departments. At present, the university runs 23 postgraduate (PG) courses with research facilities and 27 undergraduate (UG) honours courses in addition to the Ph.D. and M.Phil programme.
The university offers Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programme in the following 22 disciplines:
Candidates can get admission to the Ph.D. programme on the basis of their performance in Research Eligibility Test (RET) and interview, both conducted by the university. Candidates can register themselves to the above mentioned disciplines by submitting duly filled-in application forms along with the application fee of Rs. 1500/- through online payment mode.
Mode of Application
Online & Offline Both
10th Jun, 2019
M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
10th Jun, 2019
MA , M.Sc & MCA
Candidate must possess master’s degree or equivalent degree from this university or any other recognized university with minimum 55% aggregate of marks (open category candidates) and 50% marks (SC/ST category candidates)
Relaxation of 5% in the minimum required marks shall be given to SC/ST candidates
Candidate must clear written examination i.e. Research Eligibility Test (RET) with minimum 30% marks to qualify for the interview round
In case the candidate wishes to appear directly for interview round, he/she should have qualified any of the following tests - NET/JRF, SLET, GATE or INSPIRE Fellowship, Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship, Maulana Azad Fellowship, UGC National Fellowship (for OBC candidates) etc.
For Business Administration, the candidate must possess M.Sc./M.A./M.Com./LL.M or an equivalent degree with minimum 55% marks. Students with M.Tech /M.E./MCA/MBA/ degree or an equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks from a recognized university are also eligible to apply for the course
How To Apply
MA , M.Sc & MCA
Candidates must fill the online registration form available on the university website “https://eadmission.ravenshawuniversity.ac.in‟
Candidate must submit the concerned application fee of Rs. 1500/- through online payment mode before submitting application online.
After submitting the online application form successfully, the candidate should take two printouts of application forms. One copy will be retained by the applicant and the other one will be submitted during Interview along with the copy of E-receipt
Along with the copy of the application form and e-receipt, candidates are also required to submit copies of all relevant documents during the time of interview, if selected.
Enclosures to be submitted at the time of interview
Print out of the application form
E-receipt for Rs.1500/-
Photocopies of Mark sheet and Certificate of the HSC/10th , +2/12th and Degree or equivalent examination
Photocopies of Mark sheet and Provisional Certificate of the last qualifying P.G. or equivalent examination.
Photocopies of documentary evidences for being exempted from written examination.
Enclosures to be submitted at the time of admission:
All original certificates and documents in support of qualifications, conduct and College Leaving Certificate
Blood Group Certificate
Four recent stamp size colour photographs
Demand Draft for admission fees and other fees as intimated by the university office
Anti ragging affidavit
A candidate has to give an undertaking that he/ she is not working in any State/ Central/ Private college / university/ institution either on short time/ full time basis
Order and No Objection Certificate from the employer for the first two years of the PhD programme
MA , M.Sc & MCA
Selection of the candidates to the Ph.D. programme is done on the basis of their performance in the Research Eligibility Test (RET) and Interview, both conducted by the university
Performance of the candidate in the written examination will constitute 70% of the total weightage for admission and the remaining 30% will be done based on the candidate’s performance in interview
Selection of the candidates who are exempted from written test will be done based on their performance in the interview only. In such cases, the interview shall be of 100 marks.
Reservation of seats under various categories are as follows:-
Seats reserved (%)
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College