BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology offers admission to Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes twice in a year i.e. during Jan & July of every year. Ph.D. programmes are offered Full-time/ Part-time in the following disciplines:
Civil, Aerospace, Mechanical, Architecture, EEE, Islamic Studies, ECE, CSE, E&I, IT, Polymer, Automobile, Sociology, Economics, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Application, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Genetics, Business Management and Islamic Banking & Finance, Islamic Studies, Economics.
BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology has started registration for the January Session. Candidates can register till November 30. Check BSAR CIST Admission
The selection of candidates will be based on their performance in the academics and interview, which will be conducted by the BSAR CIST.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may purchase the application form in person from the university campus or download it from the official university website.
Upon filling-in all the relevant entries in the application form, candidate should submit it along with the processing fee of INR 1000/- through demand draft (DD). DD should be drawn in favour of "B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology", payable at Chennai.
Completed applications, in all respects, along with all enclosures should be submitted through Registered post to the following address:
The Director (Admissions)
B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science & Technology
G.S.T. Road, Vandalur, Chennai – 600 048
Following is a list of supporting documents to be attached with completed applications:
- As age proof, attested copy of SSLC first page / 10th class or matriculation certificate be enclosed
- Attested copies of degree certificates both U.G and P.G along with mark sheets should be enclosed. (Please do not attach original certificates)
- A one page write up about the tentative research topic duly signed by the candidate should be enclosed
- Four recently taken passport size photographs have to be enclosed in a small cover
Note: Candidates applying for admission to more than one Department should use separate application form for each Department.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. programme
- Master’s degree with at least 55% marks from any recognized university.
- Candidate should possess Master’s degree of this university in the concerned field of specialization (M.E. / M.Tech. / M.S. (By Research) or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto)
- Candidate must possess Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology of this University or any other qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in the field of study with a minimum of 10 years of R&D experience in National Research laboratories / Public sector undertakings and with a minimum of three publications in refereed journals / two patents.
Other Major Requirements
Full-Time PhD Candidates:
- Candidates must do research work during their working hours.
- Employed Candidates must be sponsored by the employer and should have availed the leave for the entire study period.
- Candidates sponsored by AICTE under QIP are eligible for the Full-Time Courses Only.
- Candidates selected under Fellowship of National or other bodies are eligible for full-time studies in the respective disciplines.
- Foreign Nationals sponsored by Govt. Of India are only eligible for Full-Time courses.
Part Time Candidates
- Full Time Teachers – Those who are working in projects undertaken from Govt. and are totally funded. Then Principal coordinator will be the supervisor if he/she is recognised.
- Part Employed in different projects are not permitted
- After scrutiny of applications, the shortlisted candidates will be intimated to appear for interview before a committee constituted by the University
- Selection of the candidates will be based on their performance in the academics and interview, to be conducted by the university
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College