Andhra University campus offers 17 undergraduate and 35 postgraduate programmes, besides research on par with technical institutions worldwide. Andhra University designed and implemented a Quality Management System.
The University invites Application form for Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in both part-time and full-time modes. The admission for the programmes will take place through Andhra University Research Common Entrance Test AURCET. Read More: Andhra University Admission.
How To Apply
- Download Application and Information brochure from the official website.
- Take a print out of the form and then fill the Application in your handwriting with the required personal and educational details.
- Application Fee: You should pay the fee of Rs. 800 for general category and Rs. 500 for SC & ST in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Director, Directorate of Admissions, Andhra University on any Nationalised bank payable at Visakhapatnam. Your name and the programme for which you are applying should be written on the reverse side of the D.D.
- Submit the applications in Duplicate along with the D.D. If candidates are seeking admission in more than one programme, they have to submit separate applications in duplicate for each programme.
- Send the duly filled in forms by registered post or in person to the following address:
The Director, Directorate of Admissions,
Andhra University, Vijayanagar Palace,
For both Programmes:
- Full Time: A post-graduate degree with at least 55% of marks for general category and 50% marks in the case of SC/ST category or equivalent CGPA in the concerned subject or in an allied subject or any other post-graduate degree recognised by the University as equivalent thereto.
- Part Time: A post-graduate degree with at least 55% of marks for general category and 50% marks in the case of SC/ST category or equivalent CGPA in the concerned subject or in an allied subject or any other post-graduate degree recognised by the University as equivalent thereto.
The number of seats reserved under different categories shall be calculated on the total seats available in respective units as per the Government of Andhra Pradesh norms.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of Andhra University Research Common Entrance Test AURCET. The exam, for each subject/department, consists of two papers with multiple choice objective type questions.
- Paper-I shall be of 45 minutes duration with 50 multiple choice questions for 50 marks. Paper-I is common for all Science and Engineering Subjects / Departments as the case may be. Similarly, there is a common Paper 1 for all Arts Subjects / Departments for 50 marks with 45 minutes duration. Paper-I of Science stream is different from Paper-I of Arts stream.
- Paper-II shall be of 90 minutes duration with 100 multiple choice questions for 100 marks in the concerned subjects for which the syllabi are given in A.U. website. Paper-II will be different for each subject.
- Exemptions: Candidates will be exempted from giving the test if you have qualified any of the following: CSIR-UGC-NET, APSET, RGNF, ICMR, Project Fellowship, and M.Phil.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College