Mode of Application
Online & Offline Both
20th Aug, 2018
Karnataka State Open University is a recognized University of Distance Education Council (DEC), New Delhi, regular member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Delhi, permanent member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), London, UK, Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU), Beijing, China, and also has association with Commonwealth of Learning (COL). KSOU invites application for its B. Ed & M. Ed courses.
Online & Offline Both
20th Aug, 2018
|Application form||20th Aug, 2018|
Those who meet all the criteria mentioned here under are eligible to apply for B.Ed Degree Programme.
Teacher/Educational Foundations, possessing B. Ed, Degree from Karnataka/Other States/Union Territories with minimum 50% (45% for SC/ST/Cat-I) are eligible to apply.
Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) application process include five steps as mentioned under:-
1. For admission in KSOU, candidates can opt for Free Counseling for guidance and selection of course according to their requirements.
2. After choosing the desired course, candidates can fill the application form online or can also send the completed application form by email or by post.
3. As the application form is filled, Process of fee payment starts, where, the candidates have an option to either pay the fees in lump sum to avail exciting offers or in convenient installments. It is easy to pay fees with the help of convenient payment options by debit/credit card, bank transfer, cheque etc.
4. As the KSOU receives the documents of the registered candidate, the University sends them for verification. After verification, the admission of the candidate is confirmed.
5. After the admission confirmation, Karnataka State Open University (KSOU) generates student ID along with the Study Material and it is dispatched within 7-10 working days.
KSOU admission process is streamlined which helps the candidate to stay on track towards reaching their ultimate goal.M.Ed
Candidates who have completed their :-
(2) B. A. B.Ed.
(3) B. Sc. B.Ed.
(4) B.El. Ed. (Bachelor B.Ed. Elementary Education is eligible) from NCTE recognized Colleges of Education affiliated to Recognized Non Agricultural Universities
(5) D. El. Ed. with Graduation, (having 50% marks in both Diploma and Degree), Open Category as well as candidates of all categories from outside Universities of Maharashtra, who have secured minimum 50% marks (marks obtained in between 49.50% to 49.99% will be considered as 50%) and those candidates belonging to Backward Class Category (including SC, ST, VJ/DT, NT-1, NT-2, NT-3, OBC, SBC), who have secured minimum 45% marks (mark obtained in between 44.50% to 44.99% will be considered as 45%) and in case of D.LE.Ed. with graduation (candidates having 45% marks in Diploma and Degree) will be eligible for CET Examination being conducted for M. Ed. Admissions.
B) The candidates who have appeared for B.Ed Examination held in the months of March/ April/May 2016 are eligible to appear for CET (M.Ed). The Candidates whose results are declared before the schedule of filling of Option Form and who are qualified as per Rule 2.1 (a) and 6.1 and those who will fill in Option Form, their names will be included in the Merit List.
The results of B.Ed Exam of those candidates are declared after Admission Process has started, and if they are eligible as per Rule 2.1 (a) & 6.1 can fill up the Option Form and their names will be included in the Progressive Admission Process Round. Such candidates cannot claim his seat according to merit in the earlier Round of Centralized Admission Process conducted before filling up the Option Form.
C) Candidates who has completed their B.Ed from the universities which give Grades instead of marks will have to attach a certificate of equivalent Marks shown against the grades from the competent authority of the University/Department. Candidates will have to attach the decoding list where the Codes are given to the subjects.
D) The merit of the Candidate (and minimum eligibility criteria) will be decided by considering the total percentage of marks secured by the candidate for B.Ed degree. If the university has given marks for theory examination and grades for internal assessment, it is the responsibility of the candidate to get the grade converted into marks. Such candidates will have to compulsorily submit the certified Table of the University for Grade Conversion.
Documents for applying online:
How to apply?
1) Visit to the official site which is www. karnatakastateopenuniversity.in/ or www. karnatakastateopenuniversity.in/.
2) Find link with the name” KSOU B.ED online application form and click on it.
3) Candidates are required to fill mandatory field of application completely & click on the submit button.
4) After submission registration number, password and challan details will be displayed by the system.
6) Save & take print out copy of application form for future use.
Payment of fees
1. Admission fee Rs. 1,000/- through DD/Cheque only.
2. Candidates on getting selected for the course are required to pay Rs 7,500/- as registration & programme fees during First Year.
3. Rs 5,800/- to be paid in II year as programme fees and exam fees.
Selection will depend on counseling. Counseling will be held after merit list announcement. Entrance exam would be conducted by the University during the month of November/December based on chosen school subjects and subjects studied by the student at degree level. Entrance Examination will be held at Bangalore, Mysore, Dharwad and Gulbarga.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College